Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

beer_war posted:

Ukraine did not secretly break through multiple Russian defensive lines and advance by 50 km.

Given russia advanced 500km into russia without anyone noticing in a day its not totally unreasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I wonder how many of the "heh, you think capitulating to an armed insurrection is bad for a strongman authoritarian?:smuggo:" posters will make up excuses for why killing off wagnerites, who happen to be Russians best trained and equipped troops, is actually also good for Putin and not at all a sign that he is desperate to restore his perceived strength by establishing severe consequences for future fuckery.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

beer_war posted:

Ukraine did not secretly break through multiple Russian defensive lines and advance by 50 km.

Your logic would be impeccable and the answer obvious if it hadn't been for a private army advancing 1000km in 12 hours against Moscow two days ago

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I wonder how many of the "heh, you think capitulating to an armed insurrection is bad for a strongman authoritarian?:smuggo:" posters will make up excuses for why killing off wagnerites, who happen to be Russians best trained and equipped troops, is actually also good for Putin and not at all a sign that he is desperate to restore his perceived strength by establishing severe consequences for future fuckery.

From what I can see its basically MOD's troop fragging those who decided to follow pirogi's jaunt to near moscow, so far. how far up in the ranks thats going to go is anyones guess though.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Has anyone made peace with Russia like Putin has lately?
Who just put the russian defence minister on house arrest?
Who turned Ukraine into a united country?

Putin did!

Proof Putin just wants peace if it wasnt for Americas mind control lasers from outer space.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

grumplestiltzkin posted:

This is an outstanding point.

Also Russia doing rounds of execution and liquidation during an offensive is great for morale and leaves just the loyal and strong.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

If the ZNPP is in actual imminent meltdown I feel like we'd be hearing a lot more about it than we currently are.

It took weeks for us to find about the Ohio derail, because news networks where not motivated to info about it, and other including the police, helped covering it. In a big dissaster the first reaction of a governement is to lie and pretend nothing of importance happened.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

staberind posted:

From what I can see its basically MOD's troop fragging those who decided to follow pirogi's jaunt to near moscow, so far. how far up in the ranks thats going to go is anyones guess though.

That's a fair point, but unless there are consequences for the soldiers killing off the wagnerites it seems like a tacit nod of approval. Still really early and we'll see how it shakes out but I'd be surprised if there weren't lots of ;) isolated incidents ;) like this

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Not that anyone in Russia gives a singular poo poo about the law, but I can still squeeze out one last "lol. lmao" for this

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1673295803404656640

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

grumplestiltzkin posted:

That's a fair point, but unless there are consequences for the soldiers killing off the wagnerites it seems like a tacit nod of approval. Still really early and we'll see how it shakes out but I'd be surprised if there weren't lots of ;) isolated incidents ;) like this

Maybe then the surviving wagnerites and their relatives can go after the MoD soldiers that killed them...

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Not that anyone in Russia gives a singular poo poo about the law, but I can still squeeze out one last "lol. lmao" for this

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1673295803404656640

george bluth, sr. lookin' motherfucker.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*disembodied voice from the Garfield Eats thread* go Putin! Use your orange suit of truth and justice!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

So it’s two days since and…

- Prig is still out in the sticks somewhere, as is his whole army. He’s also still wanted.
- Shoygu is still the minister of defence.
- Putin is still hiding somewhere and has published a single pre-recorded message since his live TV address denouncing Prig. No word from Putin about the Prig deal.

Other than Prig’s Lost Boys disappearing from the Don-Moscow highway, not much has changed since Saturday. The propagandists still have super long faces. Doesn’t look like this kerfuffle is over.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mokotow posted:

So it’s two days since and…

- Prig is still out in the sticks somewhere, as is his whole army. He’s also still wanted.
- Shoygu is still the minister of defence.
- Putin is still hiding somewhere and has published a single pre-recorded message since his live TV address denouncing Prig. No word from Putin about the Prig deal.

Other than Prig’s Lost Boys disappearing from the Don-Moscow highway, not much has changed since Saturday. The propagandists still have super long faces. Doesn’t look like this kerfuffle is over.

Maybe Putin and Prig had a duel on the highway to Moscow and they're now both dead? As is Shoigu who got scared of the gunshots and fell into a ditch.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
NPR was reporting that neither Putin nor Prigozhin have been seen in public for two days.

Maybe this was a lover's quarrel and they have since eloped?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, MoD forces are just kinda randomly killing any wagnerites they can get their hands on after the coup was called off?

Sure would be a shame if some of those idiot suckers decided to (resume) shooting back.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Anders posted:

*looks at the Murmansk border*
*looks at St. Petersburg from Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga*

since we're going full clancychat, I hope in this reality Poland leads the land offensive while Sweden puts the RuAF to the sword in gripens.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Runa posted:

Oh, MoD forces are just kinda randomly killing any wagnerites they can get their hands on after the coup was called off?

Sure would be a shame if some of those idiot suckers decided to (resume) shooting back.

Not sure about that, sorry if I was unclear; mod are popping off mod who broke ranks to join with the magical mystery tour to desertion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a time-honored way to improve morale

*pressing earpiece* Whaddya mean it was sarcastic

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Carth Dookie posted:

since we're going full clancychat, I hope in this reality Poland leads the land offensive while Sweden puts the RuAF to the sword in gripens.

I think the Baltics would be a better staging ground tbh - and would neutralize the north sea fleet that's effectively the only major force multiplier Russia has left

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

staberind posted:

Not sure about that, sorry if I was unclear; mod are popping off mod who broke ranks to join with the magical mystery tour to desertion.

oh I see

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

weg posted:

NPR was reporting that neither Putin nor Prigozhin have been seen in public for two days.

Putin probably doesn't have a TV studio in his dachia fallback Führerbunker and, being terminally boomer brained, he would never sink so low as do a national address through a phone recording. It's not ~respectable~ for a president.

Prigozhin is probably in some FSB torture basement getting his fingernails pulled with pliers.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Okay, so... Wagner Group just ghosted somewhere in Russia/Belarus? And now Russia's army is culling the units that joined the coup?

Lmao. MOD is doing Prig's job for him.

Slava Ukraine :ukraine:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
some RU bloggers thirst wagnerite blood, others are concerned

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1673300084925120519

https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1673294420504969217

footage from recently liberated Rivnopil, somewhat curious that video with Crimean Tatar tamga symbol appears on "Day of the Crimean Tatar National Flag"

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1673288456372465664

weg posted:

even that footage of Shoigu probably predates Prig's coup attempt, it has blurred watch for some reason

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1673291370209984512

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 26, 2023

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Anders posted:

I think the Baltics would be a better staging ground tbh - and would neutralize the north sea fleet that's effectively the only major force multiplier Russia has left

At this point it is clear we can just take the bus from Riga to Moscow.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rou...chrome&ie=UTF-8

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 26, 2023

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Someone pointed out something interesting about the Shoigu video: https://twitter.com/fizzywomble/status/1673294275214471170

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's just a smudgy watch, no big deal.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Time Immemoriam

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Mikojan posted:

Watch out what you click atm. There is a very disturbing video going the rounds of a defected VDV trooper being executed by MOD personnel. Haven’t watched it myself but going from the description its really really bad.

With priggy loving off to wherever and the retaliation beginning against wagnerites and adjecent supporters, this is sure to set of some very sour feelings.

Before a mod jumps on this with a probe because of the dumb rule that forbids posting these warnings, I had an execution video that autoplayed into this from a Glastonbury video.

So yeah watch out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oldsmobile posted:

Someone pointed out something interesting about the Shoigu video: https://twitter.com/fizzywomble/status/1673294275214471170

pretty sure it's a watch and not an IL-22M window

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This is an outstanding point.

Also Russia doing rounds of execution and liquidation during an offensive is great for morale and leaves just the loyal and strong.

“Stalin did it and we won the Great Patriotic War. This won’t hurt us badly.”

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

RBA-Wintrow posted:

At this point it is clear we can just take the bus from Riga to Moscow.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rou...chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 hours 40 from Narva, Estonia to St. Petersburg. 8 hours from Ludza, Latvia to Moscow. 2 hours 45 from Midininkaj, Lithuania to Minsk, Belarus. 1 hour 20 from Braniewo, Poland to Kaliningrad. 3 hours from Kirkenes, Norway to Murmansk

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

GABA ghoul posted:

Putin probably doesn't have a TV studio in his dachia fallback Führerbunker and, being terminally boomer brained, he would never sink so low as do a national address through a phone recording. It's not ~respectable~ for a president.

Prigozhin is probably in some FSB torture basement getting his fingernails pulled with pliers.

The fact that the communication surrounding this whole mess has been so poor and confusing strikes me as the biggest problem for Putin. Having a mercenary leader rebel is not that shocking really, but it is shocking how poorly the state media has been able to get out its narrative. It's almost as if the plan is to just not speak about it and hope people forget. Letting Prigozhin go, if that's even what's happening, seems to reinforce the fact that they have no real response and are just trying to sweep the whole thing under a comically large and obvious rug.

Not having professional TV gear in his panic palace seems impossible, it feels like they just don't want to use it instead.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

weg posted:

Not having professional TV gear in his panic palace seems impossible, it feels like they just don't want to use it instead.

Putin's probably having a nervous breakdown.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

“Stalin did it and we won the Great Patriotic War. This won’t hurt us badly.”

Also, the Barrier Troops in WW2 _rarely_ actually shot fleeing soldiers but _usually_ arrested them and sent them back to the front. They did execute what they deemed as deserters and not panicked soldiers though. The barrier troops were reservists belonging to the same division, so it would be pretty dumb for the morale of both the front line and reservists if the latter started killing their compatriots. It was more likely you got a shower and a hot meal before being sent back to the front rather than a bullet

Obviously Putin in his infinite wisdom has relied on the myth of barrier troops rather than the facts about them, but he isn't very fond of historical facts anyway

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Backweb posted:

Putin's probably having a nervous breakdown.

Putin's poor dacha toilet.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Good news about the military uprising that shook our Great Power. The mercenary army that blitzed 800 miles in 2 days unopposed and nearly seized the capital was a piddling 8,000 men, not the 25,000 reported earlier.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/kiranstacey/status/1673272143826817024

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

The truce they have erected is extremely firm and vascular. A throbbing and turgid peace will surely result from thier intercourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1673318434170437636