Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's not video games, but he's comic Thanos. Death isn't into him, so he pitches a giant fit and breaks everything.

He's also big and dumb looking, checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

what did musk's brain chip do besides kill monkeys? like seriously what does it do better than current stuff in this area other than have musk hyper poo poo.

Picturing a test subject being able to play pong extremely badly by straining to the point of a nosebleed

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Midnight Voyager posted:

To be fair, his ex destroyed his capacity to feel love quite literally, it was pretty important to the plot!

she absolutely did not; all they did was take away his magic elf powers. He quite explicitly retained all the faculties of a plain old mortal and chose to drive himself insane rather than reflect on his actions.

his is the story of a guy living a life of unexamined privilege, facing a consequence for the first time in his life, and deciding that actually everyone except him is at fault and he will get what he deserves if he just keeps criming

don't get distracted by the high-faluting elf bullshit of the third act, or his cool voice, he's the fantasy version of a rich white dude ranting on national media that making him uphold a contract or be held accountable for his many crimes is the greatest persecution in the country, perhaps its entire history

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

what did musk's brain chip do besides kill monkeys? like seriously what does it do better than current stuff in this area other than have musk hyper poo poo.

Ugghhh it is next to impossible to google good info on this. Depending on your search everything’s either talking about how Benevolent Genius Musk Is Arming Us To Fight The AI Menace or is a report on the thousands of animal deaths during the trials. Like it is important everyone knows Musk dressed up like a neuroscientist then took a chainsaw to a petting zoo, but I’d like to find what the results were from that.

Anyway to address your question, the existing stuff now is from the research and proof of concept stage; now NeuraLink and competitors are trying to make that into an actual product. There’s not a whole lot right now on what’s better in what ways; you might be able to find what they’re saying about each other, but I don’t think we’re going to get much more until human trials are done for each.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

she absolutely did not; all they did was take away his magic elf powers. He quite explicitly retained all the faculties of a plain old mortal and chose to drive himself insane rather than reflect on his actions.

his is the story of a guy living a life of unexamined privilege, facing a consequence for the first time in his life, and deciding that actually everyone except him is at fault and he will get what he deserves if he just keeps criming

don't get distracted by the high-faluting elf bullshit of the third act, or his cool voice, he's the fantasy version of a rich white dude ranting on national media that making him uphold a contract or be held accountable for his many crimes is the greatest persecution in the country, perhaps its entire history

It was a good depiction of a narcissist wizard bro. He was punished in the first place for trying to steal the elf power for himself (because he deserved it) which would destroy everything for his own personal gain.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

priznat posted:

Picturing a test subject being able to play pong extremely badly by straining to the point of a nosebleed

so the Heavy Rain FBI dude, but even dumber.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

i imagine neuralink is just going to be: you feel a shocking toothache, and pain shoots down your right leg for every push notification. You also feel your phone buzz in your pocket.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Jothan posted:

Ugghhh it is next to impossible to google good info on this. Depending on your search everything’s either talking about how Benevolent Genius Musk Is Arming Us To Fight The AI Menace or is a report on the thousands of animal deaths during the trials. Like it is important everyone knows Musk dressed up like a neuroscientist then took a chainsaw to a petting zoo, but I’d like to find what the results were from that.

Anyway to address your question, the existing stuff now is from the research and proof of concept stage; now NeuraLink and competitors are trying to make that into an actual product. There’s not a whole lot right now on what’s better in what ways; you might be able to find what they’re saying about each other, but I don’t think we’re going to get much more until human trials are done for each.

It's a love potion, basically. He wants a chip he can put in Grimes to make her love him again. That's why they're so hush-hush about what the thing actually does. No mass market potential there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

As soon as he names an actual application then there's something his "progress" can be measured against. Without a goal you're always making "progress".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Musk introduces an ai brain chip that allows random people to roofie you

blue checks: thank you Mr musk

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Wait I’m just hearing about the cage match thing. Anyone got a synopsis post? Is Elon actually embarrassing himself more than he already has??

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Wait I’m just hearing about the cage match thing. Anyone got a synopsis post? Is Elon actually embarrassing himself more than he already has??

There was a fight, Elon won. Not much more to the story than that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk's mom (his real mom, not his sis mom) went "no no" and so he dropped it.

muskrat stans still think he's a real ironman rick bad rear end that just honoring his mother and not a pathetic pos that sockpuppeted a mom account. not a scaredy-cat scared of Zuckbot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zuck renamed his hands to assassination and coordinates.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Musk introduces an ai brain chip that allows random people to roofie you

blue checks: thank you Mr musk

Knowing general human QC capabilities, this would probably be considered a zenith for a couple of years, and worse, profitable.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

don't get distracted by the high-faluting elf bullshit of the third act, or his cool voice

You ask the impossible of me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Zuck renamed his hands to assassination and coordinates.

lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

im just catching up so this is a few pages back. no way elon ever participated in either judo or any, "no rules streetfighting". why? because if he actually did he would never shut up about it.

where would he even have fought? south africa? lol. when he was in canada for college? in fremont beating up tesla factory workers?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

im just catching up so this is a few pages back. no way elon ever participated in either judo or any, "no rules streetfighting". why? because if he actually did he would never shut up about it.

where would he even have fought? south africa? lol. when he was in canada for college? in fremont beating up tesla factory workers?

Does getting pushed down the stairs count as "no rules streetfighting"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nothin' in the rulebook that says you can't push a kid down some stairs

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Elman posted:

Does getting pushed down the stairs count as "no rules streetfighting"?

Totally! A big part of successful fighting is being able to take a punch, or in this case get pushed down the stairs. He's a legit street fighter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No rules street fighting such as I convinced my friend Jonathon to beat the poo poo out of a man for a handful of emeralds.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Huh, somehow I missed this when this smilie was added - :twitter:

Very apt.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Cool, straight up diving into "Nazis are actually just fed psy-ops."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1673144027808698368

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1673147299428712449

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 26, 2023

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Yeah weird how a political science major with plans on working in government would hide his face while marching with neo Nazis.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Who's even fighting who there?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

Who's even fighting who there?

It looks like a bunch of far right folks Vs uh, another bunch of far right folks, similar to what happened in Russia not to long ago, just less exploding helecopters.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If I'm reading that correctly, it's leftists who are coordinatedly going to Nazi events and getting into photos with them masked and throwing up Hitler salutes to destroy the Nazis' plausible deniability. They get doxxed and Elon of course thinks "they're students who want to work for the government someday? Must mean they're Biden's shock troops. It's clear who the good guys in this story are"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

As everyone knows, there's no historical precedent for Nazis being educated or having governmental ambitions.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
None of us are nazis and anyone who claims to be a nazi is part of an expansive government operation to discredit us.

Now that that's out of the way, here is an inspirational Hitler quote, a list of minorities we are currently trying to genocide lawfully phase out of society, and a call to overthrow the current elected head of government in favor of a racist loser.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Strong Sauce posted:

There was the one time he headbutted a Tesla on the factory line, does that count?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

If I'm reading that correctly, it's leftists who are coordinatedly going to Nazi events and getting into photos with them masked and throwing up Hitler salutes to destroy the Nazis' plausible deniability. They get doxxed and Elon of course thinks "they're students who want to work for the government someday? Must mean they're Biden's shock troops. It's clear who the good guys in this story are"

What is this bullshit? No it isn't, it's the Proud Boys (who are white supremacist fascists who pretend not to openly be Nazis), vs Rose City Nationalists, who wear masks because they're openly Nazis. The Proud Boys don't want to be openly associated with the Nazi poo poo because keeping that on the down low is important for them to pretend to be just good old American patriots, and its also a personal beef because the head of that group is a former Proud Boy

Piell fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 26, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m talking about the “PhotobombNazis” people the tweet is talking about. Is that not what that means?

Am I the only one reading it this way? It seems straightforward to me but others are confused?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

I’m talking about the “PhotobombNazis” people the tweet is talking about. Is that not what that means?

Am I the only one reading it this way? It seems straightforward to me but others are confused?

The “PhotobombNazis” the Elon tweets are referring to are not leftists, antifa, or a fed psyop, they're legit nazis (Patriot Front/Rose City Nationalists). Chuds just like to claim they're feds or secret antifa because openly using Nazi symbolism and phrasing is bad for their image, they prefer to just dogwhistle.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

...Ah.

That's some Don't Do What Donny Don't Does level naming then

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

...Ah.

That's some Don't Do What Donny Don't Does level naming then

PhotobombNazis is not their actual name, that is just chud cope to pretend they don't believe 90% of the same things the nazi groups do

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
A bunch of freaks desperately fapping over flags freaking out over false flag photobombers?
cripes!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is there any law or regulation that can take Twitter down/ offline?

This poo poo is pretty disgusting, and Ebaum is going to get people killed if he hasn't already

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Goddamn this is almost indecipherable to the average human

To paraphrase, right wing group A is fighting off right wing group B. This is because group B is openly Nazis while Group A wants to be covert fascists.

Is that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

No. 6 posted:

Goddamn this is almost indecipherable to the average human

To paraphrase, right wing group A is fighting off right wing group B. This is because group B is openly Nazis while Group A wants to be covert fascists.

Is that right?

Yes, and brainworm crew thinks some of them are feds trying to make nazis look bad