Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

…how do you “jokerize” a Joker?

I think Xhibit would know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I picked up a few of the Saurozoic Warriors from Boss Fight recently. Really fun figures and I just really enjoy the vibe. It feels like something that could have existed when I was a kid. My daughter (who is 5) just assumed I had gotten some Ninja Turtles figures.

Unfortunately, on one of these it has an arm strap with knife sheath. The sheath detached from the strap. The individual parts aren't broken. Rather whatever they used to bond the parts between the socket and peg on the two parts looks like it wasn't enough. The harness/strap/sheath parts are all pretty soft flexible plastic and I've no idea what type of glue to use here. Does anyone have any advice for what to use?

For hard plastics I usually just use a tiny dab of gorilla glue but I'm wary of using something like that on flexible parts.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Krazy Glue or something similar is usually great at bonding rubbery plastic. It’s not super flexible itself but if you just use a little dot of it, the pieces should bond pretty strongly.

I got a ship notice today that Mattel is sending my second-run Wun-dar, which I ordered so long ago I had all but forgotten it. Just got my Grizzlor last week, so it’s nice I can stop wondering if those orders were even real.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Krazy Glue or something similar is usually great at bonding rubbery plastic. It’s not super flexible itself but if you just use a little dot of it, the pieces should bond pretty strongly.

1001 uses...

..now 1002.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Snow Serpent has popped up in various stories for order and almost all are sold out.

Like I said, people are ordering these up to 8 which is nutty.

Can agree that his head is a tad too small, but with Timber on top it helps fill it out.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DisposableHero posted:

I picked up a few of the Saurozoic Warriors from Boss Fight recently. Really fun figures and I just really enjoy the vibe. It feels like something that could have existed when I was a kid. My daughter (who is 5) just assumed I had gotten some Ninja Turtles figures.

Unfortunately, on one of these it has an arm strap with knife sheath. The sheath detached from the strap. The individual parts aren't broken. Rather whatever they used to bond the parts between the socket and peg on the two parts looks like it wasn't enough. The harness/strap/sheath parts are all pretty soft flexible plastic and I've no idea what type of glue to use here. Does anyone have any advice for what to use?

For hard plastics I usually just use a tiny dab of gorilla glue but I'm wary of using something like that on flexible parts.

Bookmark thistothat.com for such occasions

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Bookmark thistothat.com for such occasions

This seems really handy. Thanks!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man, doomsday looks too tiny against superman.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

This was a brutal month for my wallet.

Haven't bought a Mezco figure in a while. Pretty good overall, decent articulation, good deal of accesories (The pumpkins are nice but pretty unnecesary, tho). I originally didn't like the coveralls color, but it has grown on me after a couple of days. Also got one of those MMMToys Dioramas

This thing is massive and heavy as hell. Now I need more of those Fromsoft figures.

Lencho fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 24, 2023

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I got this Walter White accessory pack with a bonus Lestat last week but I forgot to post. These Chinese third party 1:6 manufacturers are the best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The scene where Walter mixes witch potions next to his candelabra was intense

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

jesse, its time to suck

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man, doomsday looks too tiny against superman.

Am I the only one getting The Grinch vibes from that sculpt?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I saw a Hush Batman on the pegs, and it was on sale. I had decided to pass in favor of the Knightfall one, but it does look nice. Pretty good head sculpt from ol' Todd.

Oh and Mattel Creations shipped my Vykron! Now in a week and a half I will have it. I bought two discounted he-man figs so I can have all 3 display options.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Saw a Figuarts final form Frieza at Target yesterday, so he might be getting a retail release for all you Goku collectors.

Trying to find that red bandana Turtle four pack is going to be a battle. Feel like that one probably flew off the shelves like that Usagi Yojimbo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1672930237921804290?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Thanks for this! I was able to grab the four-pack of ugly turts. I love that look

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aw, too late for April. She’s the only one I wanted from that lot.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thiccabod posted:

Thanks for this! I was able to grab the four-pack of ugly turts. I love that look

They're great figures too. I love 'em.

Though fyi all of them had stuck bicep joints. I had to heat them and pop the arms off to make them work. Those were the only joints like that.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 25, 2023

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
My Target added a huge end cap of TMNT in the toys section today including the new NECA stuff, which I thought had to be separate but I guess not anymore?

Anyway, the Mutant Mayhem stuff looks really good and I grabbed the two GITD packs. The prices on all of them are actually decent too, which is a nice change of pace.

Also, on the MOTU front, my Masterverse Vykron shipped!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Spoke too soon on that TMNT four-pack. Ordered for in-store pickup and then later got an email saying it was out of stock and now it's no longer available to ship either. Oh well, I have like negative space for new figures at the moment so perhaps it's for the best

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The store I went to had them in stock, but not stocked. They're just chilling in the back somewhere. Nice selection of Gundams though. First time seeing Sandrock in a store.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Open Marriage Night posted:

The store I went to had them in stock, but not stocked. They're just chilling in the back somewhere. Nice selection of Gundams though. First time seeing Sandrock in a store.

Was that Sandrock the action figure or the model kit?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

More Keaton Batman. We are in the Keatonaissance

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1673152377761804288?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not for long.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Was that Sandrock the action figure or the model kit?

HG model kit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh hell yeah. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Well, throw your old Intercessors in the garbage. They are useless now.

https://twitter.com/joytoywarhammer/status/1673337205308137473?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Well, throw your old Intercessors in the garbage. They are useless now.

https://twitter.com/joytoywarhammer/status/1673337205308137473?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Better yet: throw them in the mail, to me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Better yet: throw them in the mail, to me.

They say they have improved hands, which I hope means it's possible to swap hands without feeling you're going to utterly destroy the figure. Which would be nice going forward.

Also, who ordered more Ultramarines?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Apparently the V1 of the dudes with the gold eagle faceplate is their best selling figure / has the highest aftermarket demand. Guessing that was part of the choice for this set of blue doods.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Has anyone grabbed any of the ITSV Sentinel KOs off AliExpress?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I gotta get it!!!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nice idea, but I think he’s too buff.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1673365934042497029?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks to me like it's a repaint + new head sculpt.

Maybe Hush Superman for the body? https://mcfarlane.com/toys/hush-superman-gold-label/

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Went to target to scope out the new turtles and while the website said they had em they didnt have any out.

Regardless looking at them online and the other characters... there hasn't been any pictures of Cynthia Utrom or a toy for her. Are they holding back for a reveal or are we not getting a Krang from this movie? I want my utroms.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Blackchamber posted:

Went to target to scope out the new turtles and while the website said they had em they didnt have any out.

Regardless looking at them online and the other characters... there hasn't been any pictures of Cynthia Utrom or a toy for her. Are they holding back for a reveal or are we not getting a Krang from this movie? I want my utroms.

They released a bunch of character posters today. Here ya go.

https://twitter.com/TMNTMovie/status/1673345491076038656

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Blackchamber posted:

My Target did have them out and I picked up the bus with 6 figures (the turtles, April and Bebop). I however did not see much for indvidual figures. Leo and Raph (with Mike's card backing funnily enough) for a few different varieties of figure and no one else.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Apparently the V1 of the dudes with the gold eagle faceplate is their best selling figure / has the highest aftermarket demand. Guessing that was part of the choice for this set of blue doods.

I was curious about something so I checked, the Joytoy Primaris Company Champion is almost half the price of the GW 28mm version.

https://www.amazon.com/HiPlay-Warha...l8aAs9yEALw_wcB

Vs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364239987264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
It's partially distorted at the moment, I imagine, because a new edition of the game just dropped and there's more demand than usual for some of the more commonly desired items.

That said, GW can go eat farts for how much they charge for little plastic boys when they can't even push out a complete version of the game at launch.

The fuckin little plastic boys don't even come assembled.