Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Air Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure they frown on carrying a pocket knife in an airport, there was a bit of an incident 22 years ago.

What happened then? I forgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Grimes and dril are killing kids? Not cool

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dril's kids would be fine if he fed them instead of hoarding candles

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The delusion on these loving people. "I report what I know, not what I read." Oh, okay. Show me the cat person in school. Show me.

I hate these loving idiots.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wow, a 6 year old child said they're actually a cat. This is worth burning the house down and not part 1209391823 of adorable dumb poo poo kids say.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tesseraction posted:

Wow, a 6 year old child said they're actually a cat. This is worth burning the house down and not part 1209391823 of adorable dumb poo poo kids say.

I asked my kid if she wanted to go to the park the other day and she said "bawk bawk"
Clearly the liberal agenda, teaching my kid to identify as a chicken

edit oh now she's a doggie, thanks obama

hallo spacedog has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Jun 26, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My nieces have consistently pretended to be cats for the last 5 years of their lives. I'm sure this is because of woke or something, sure never did anything like that when I was a kid

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Data Graham posted:

My nieces have consistently pretended to be cats for the last 5 years of their lives. I'm sure this is because of woke or something, sure never did anything like that when I was a kid

Kids these days all wanna pass as cats. They all wanna be big big stars too, but they got different reasons for that.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tesseraction posted:

The "incident" in question never actually happened anyway, unsurprisngly the right is full of poo poo. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jun/26/girl-didnt-identified-as-a-cat-post-truth-politics-media-gender-identity

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

theironjef posted:

Kids these days all wanna pass as cats. They all wanna be big big stars too, but they got different reasons for that.

Everybody wants to be a cat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Coolness Averted posted:

We really need to just switch to a weight class system mixed with something closer to the paralympics, where they grade amount of physical ability and put athletes against other competitors with similar capabilities. It would also diminish the advantage of wealthy countries doing poo poo like having high altitude training facilities, which basically duplicates the effect of blood doping, but isn't against the rules.

If fairness was the point then gender would be one of the last considerations, if it mattered at all

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Roblo posted:

The "incident" in question never actually happened anyway, unsurprisngly the right is full of poo poo. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jun/26/girl-didnt-identified-as-a-cat-post-truth-politics-media-gender-identity

MaCavity won't keep getting away with this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cloacamazing! posted:

Playboy and Hustler. Exactly the same thing as an educational book about sex.

poo poo, I'd take that over a good chunk of the things we saw as teens in sex ed...especially when they got into STDs/STIs :barf:

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

theironjef posted:

Aw son, that's pretty funky, but I don't know if it's about as funky as you could be.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

theironjef posted:

I understand that a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The great Aristocats vs. Counting Crows debate, finally shuttered after 12,396 pages.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Roblo posted:

Yeah this is what I assumed. The scenario I figured happened was there was a transgender kid in class getting bullied, teacher called them out on it they recorded the exchange bringing up the cat part as a hypothetical, teacher shut them down.

For all I know some TERF moms coached their daughters on bringing up the topic in sex ed. I can't imagine how stressful it must be to be a teacher in this kind of climate-your student is a disingenuous immature little smart-rear end, you correct them only to have the whole conversation recorded, your entire career get put under a microscope, and you're getting death threats from people who live 5000 miles away who doxxed your spouse.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

RAP BAND
(But British)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGUjkvqkmQI
Rappin', rappin', rap rap rappin'

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1673314249597124608?t=ouYQNSINLkjB53m4mL7b4Q&s=19
Now to be fair to Beanie Boy here, I do believe what he says about offering a tour. Lance from the Serfs and Matt Binder both mentioned that Tim was very cordial and offered a tour of his compound.

But it's clear in the little exchange between Emma and Sam that she was joking around in a very dry kind of way. Tim Pool kinda comes off like this weird reactionary Willy Wonka when it comes to showing off his crib and Emma Vigeland was simply unimpressed with sticking around.

Where Tim goes wrong is getting so goddamn defensive about this and all of his fan boys parroting his accusation that she's being a liar. It just makes him look insecure and petty. Relax, Tim, they're laughing WITH you, not AT you!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
as a fellow ashkenazi iq haver it's incredible to see Laura Loomer back tweeting

the environment is healing

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve changed my priorities on what I’d do if I’m ever blessed with time travel.

I now thing the first thing I’d do is go back to talk to myself when I was a kid, griping back then about how the things I was taught in class would have no relevance to being an adult. How wrong as I in thinking those maths equations would be useless, when in 30 years time 2 million people would constantly fight about operations orders in vaguely worded Facebook bait posts. What a time to be alive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ve changed my priorities on what I’d do if I’m ever blessed with time travel.

I now thing the first thing I’d do is go back to talk to myself when I was a kid, griping back then about how the things I was taught in class would have no relevance to being an adult. How wrong as I in thinking those maths equations would be useless, when in 30 years time 2 million people would constantly fight about operations orders in vaguely worded Facebook bait posts. What a time to be alive.

Does knowing the operations order practically enable you to do anything other than participate in those arguments? A thing you could also do if you had no idea what the correct order was?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sure in very maths related fields it’s important, but I can’t think of a single time since high school where I’ve found it’s something I need to know, outside of isolating things in brackets in excel.

I like using pi to calculate the best value pizzas, though.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Actually I think the best way to motivate some lazy people is to point out that good math skills translates to bring able to min max vidya games. Algebra is basically reverse engineering game mechanics and if so inclined programming seems to have a ton of mathematical concepts to it.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Panfilo posted:

Actually I think the best way to motivate some lazy people is to point out that good math skills translates to bring able to min max vidya games. Algebra is basically reverse engineering game mechanics and if so inclined programming seems to have a ton of mathematical concepts to it.
Checks out, calculus is basically speedrunning.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Panfilo posted:

No; as someone who worked in the industry 99% of people are just content to never learn anything about the medium, how games are made or how they work but will ceaselessly pretend they actually know everything about the medium while having completely stupid rear end opinions. A huge part of getting player feedback is sifting through absolute reams of useless nonsense. It's easier to just pretend wasting hours on games makes you knowledgeable about them by default.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah if you wanna be good at videogames you gotta learn Excel

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, there are some things I learned in math class that I do use today, but oftentimes here things that were explicitly “and here is how this works day to day, instead of some insane hypothetical.”

Most likely I use logarithmic functions more often than I’d imagine, but I couldn’t tell you anything about them outside of “I hated them in school.” Like when I was told here is how you’ll use logical statements, something complicated just clicked.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No; as someone who worked in the industry 99% of people are just content to never learn anything about the medium, how games are made or how they work but will ceaselessly pretend they actually know everything about the medium while having completely stupid rear end opinions. A huge part of getting player feedback is sifting through absolute reams of useless nonsense. It's easier to just pretend wasting hours on games makes you knowledgeable about them by default.

Actually, I think you'll find that playing an unhealthy amount of video games AND watching an equally unhealthy amount of Youtube videos basically makes me the Truffaut of Video Games.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My kid identifies as a dinosaur, what do I do

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Clerical Terrors posted:

The only reason I even know Drill rap is a thing is because boomers have insisted on lecturing me on the dangers of Drill rap for reasons I do not fully understand.

I had no idea dril raps

What can't the man do

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Ask your doctor about getting tested for the woke mind virus. We had a bad outbreak in our neighborhood, with my kid and her pal coming down with half vampire/half werewolf, and some kind of delusions of royalty.
Vampire werewolf princesses ain't nothing to mess with.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Find one that identifies as a giant comet, get them together and let the problems solve each other.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m sure in very maths related fields it’s important, but I can’t think of a single time since high school where I’ve found it’s something I need to know, outside of isolating things in brackets in excel.

I like using pi to calculate the best value pizzas, though.

:eng101: Since you're comparing different circles you don't need pi, you can just use diameter squared per dollar or radius squared per dollar.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

...! posted:

I had no idea dril raps

What can't the man do

gently caress the flag

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dylan16807 posted:

:eng101: Since you're comparing different circles you don't need pi, you can just use diameter squared per dollar or radius squared per dollar.

This sounds like common core and I won’t learn your commie bullshit!

(Thanks, I’ll give this a whirl next time the great pizza conundrum comes up)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Tim really doubling down on this
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1673172571938775041?t=pSRxrSxM95p8iKeeS4l-Hw&s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

as a fellow ashkenazi iq haver it's incredible to see Laura Loomer back tweeting

the environment is healing

I don't normally like to roast people for their poor attempts to hit on people while drunk but it makes me laugh every time and she's still lovely so lol https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/998212853063733248?lang=en

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that the hitlerjugend guy is desperately trying to get away lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

OwlFancier posted:

Does knowing the operations order practically enable you to do anything other than participate in those arguments? A thing you could also do if you had no idea what the correct order was?

It's a fundamental building block of things that are practical. A couple months ago I had to find the volume of an irregular solid - I needed to know how much mulch to buy for my front yard. Knowing order of operations is one of the things that leads you to the further steps you need to get to the answer.