Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

qhat posted:

I think it's more likely he's just an idiot who has no idea what an actual coup is.

this statement is incompatble with wagner's actions in africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Well obviously... that's just part of the masterplan to make it APPEAR like they were scared shitless enough to bomb civilians and make them into a 1 minute speedbump to a approaching army, checkmate in the 12th dimension.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1673367544323874816

Will I stop complaining about I-285? No.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Paracaidas posted:

To elaborate, he and Taibbi both cop to regularly sexually harassing their staff at The eXile in the 90s, routinely pressuring the teenage women on staff into anal sex by threatening their jobs, raping teenagers, and coercing partners into having abortions by threatening to kill them. After decades of profiting from these tales, they quickly distanced themselves, claiming both their memoir and every page of the eXile were obvious satire and parody depsite repeated pronouncements otherwise. It's unclear if allowing the notorious Russian fascist Edward Savenko (Liminov) to wax poetic in their pages about the ethnic sexual merits and deficiencies of women was also 'satirical'.

The eXile was massively hosed up in general, catering to the trust fund kids who were coming to Yeltsin's Russia to steal the place blind during the day and then party hard at nights.

All Russian women were cheap whores who'd do anything for a passport (the eXile posted reviews), all Russian men were monosyllabic gangsters. They also harassed Western reporters (sexually, in some women's case) in various NSFW/NMS ways. They gave Limonov (founder of the fascist National Bolshevik party along with Dugin) a platform to rant because they thought it was cool. It was literally an imperialist paper - written as if Hunter Thompson was taking notes during King Leopold's stint in Africa. The sheer hatred for the Russians they had to work alongside oozed from every paragraph.

When Putin took over the act grew stale, but Ames tried to hang on for years while Taibbi bailed and tried to become respectable (and to be fair Taibbi did write some good books later before he got brain worms, in large part because his eXile writings were re-publicized and he got mad at being 'cancelled'.)

Back in the 1990s on Johnson's Russia List, the main discussion email list for people following/writing about Russia, there were two rules: stop posting Zhirinovsky stories and stop posting eXile stories.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

OddObserver posted:

:nms: --- Russia bombing Russia. I am curious if those big trucks are as civilian as they look?

They arent - they have ATL markings, thats a company that my wife works at, they have been exchanging photos and news all weekend about Wagner soldiers rolling in them (thankfully it turned out the trucks were sold year or two ago, but new owners did not bother repainting).

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Lum_ posted:

The eXile was massively hosed up in general, catering to the trust fund kids who were coming to Yeltsin's Russia to steal the place blind during the day and then party hard at nights.

All Russian women were cheap whores who'd do anything for a passport (the eXile posted reviews), all Russian men were monosyllabic gangsters. They also harassed Western reporters (sexually, in some women's case) in various NSFW/NMS ways. They gave Limonov (founder of the fascist National Bolshevik party along with Dugin) a platform to rant because they thought it was cool. It was literally an imperialist paper - written as if Hunter Thompson was taking notes during King Leopold's stint in Africa. The sheer hatred for the Russians they had to work alongside oozed from every paragraph.

When Putin took over the act grew stale, but Ames tried to hang on for years while Taibbi bailed and tried to become respectable (and to be fair Taibbi did write some good books later before he got brain worms, in large part because his eXile writings were re-publicized and he got mad at being 'cancelled'.)

Back in the 1990s on Johnson's Russia List, the main discussion email list for people following/writing about Russia, there were two rules: stop posting Zhirinovsky stories and stop posting eXile stories.

I've heard disturbing things about Johnathan Swift eating Irish children too.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Okay let's stop at the Ames/eXile derail unless it is connected to the current events (I'd rather you dont post Ames in here because his commentary is usually worthless).

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I know I said the same like two days ago, but Putin is going to give a TV address tonight according to the telegram channels.

Edit: According to Solovyov telegram channel and Rossiya 1 says according to Peskov.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 26, 2023

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I know I said the same like two days ago, but Putin is going to give a TV address tonight according to the telegram channels.

Edit: According to Solovyov telegram channel and Rossiya 1 says according to Peskov.

And supposedly so is Luka.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

OddObserver posted:

And supposedly so is Luka.

Masculine statement.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The other day, Putin and Lukashenko: Wagner forces will be dispersed into Russian Army.
Today: Lukashenko: We are building some based in Belarus for the Wagner.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

He's said literally nothing of substance, I can't even be arsed to translate it properly. Thanks for not killing me guys, you're free to do whatever, and shame on all the dastardly unnamed leaders who wanted to destroy our country, who also apparently are free to do whatever, the country has truly come together, anyway, bye.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
^^^
Well, Peskov did say “These statements, without exaggeration, will determine the fate of Russia" , so there was an extremely good chance it wasn't that important.

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1673410073442283543

Looks like the "conductor" got played.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Moral of the story: don't march on the capital if you're not going to try your damnedest to kill the tsar.

But really they should have known that.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
I'm curious about how the "Wagner fighters, go back to your homes" part will play out

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Clearly by the organisers he meant

1) The dastardly anglo-saxons
2) Transgender lobby
3) Stepan Bandera

But seriously, he has a long-standing tradition of not naming people he deems his enemies, here too.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
... and did the Lukashenko statement just not happen?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Paladinus posted:

Pretty sure they only killed some soldiers in the air, so technically not untrue.

Guess it depends on whether they died before the crash or not.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OddObserver posted:

... and did the Lukashenko statement just not happen?

Postponed. He's going to hold a press conference tomorrow.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Postponed. He's going to hold a press conference tomorrow.

.... I am guessing he was expecting something different then .

drk
Jan 16, 2005
to answer the question I was going to ask

the guardian posted:

[Putin] says that most of the Wagner group are “patriots” and said he will keep his “promise” to members of the mercenary group who “want to go to Belarus”.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Regarding Belarus and Wagner I'd like to remind about a story from 2020 when when Belarussian KGB arrested 33 Wagner fighters in transit and Lukashenko made a big show out of negotiations involving Ukraine and Russia, openly entertaining a possibility of transferring them to Ukraine.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2021/11/17/inside-wagnergate-ukraines-brazen-sting-operation-to-snare-russian-mercenaries/

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

OddObserver posted:

Lol if they did a “ok lets both say it on 3” and then Luka decided to wait a second to hear what Putin had to say first, before committing.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"I might be going back on my deal with Prigozhin" is one of the most nothing statements he could have made.

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1673414676447653891

Indeed.

Looking forward to the next audio message from Prigozhin

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

OddObserver posted:

Lukashenko is now harboring an enemy of the Russian state. How awkward.

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

OddObserver posted:

Looks like the "conductor" got played.

I wonder if he will be a martyr to the far right or villain for endangering so many of his supporters? The cheers he got leaving Rostov were impressionable on me, but I don't know how representative of a crowd that was.

Edit: typo

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Chalks posted:

Still don’t wanna sound too conspiratorial but if he keeps putting out only audio messages, and nothing else, for much longer I’m inclined to think he’s already been black bagged. Audio fakes are just really good now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Regarding Belarus and Wagner I'd like to remind about a story from 2020 when when Belarussian KGB arrested 33 Wagner fighters in transit and Lukashenko made a big show out of negotiations involving Ukraine and Russia, openly entertaining a possibility of transferring them to Ukraine.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2021/11/17/inside-wagnergate-ukraines-brazen-sting-operation-to-snare-russian-mercenaries/

Randarkman posted:

Lukashenko is now harboring an enemy of the Russian state. How awkward.

.... What would happen if he were to turn over Prigozhin to Ukraine...?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I still don't see how you are stupid enough to go 'I'm going to coup Putin' and then get cold feet and genuinely think you are going to live a month longer

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Still don’t wanna sound too conspiratorial but if he keeps putting out only audio messages, and nothing else, for much longer I’m inclined to think he’s already been black bagged. Audio fakes are just really good now.

I dunno, he was doing audio messages when he was clearly still alive. It's not like he disappeared then started doing voice messages.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

OddObserver posted:

.... What would happen if he were to turn over Prigozhin to Ukraine...?

There would be a noticeable uptick on hotel reservations in Chernihiv due to all western three-letter agencies booking a floor for their interrogation and kidnapper teams.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Chalks posted:

If it doesn't contain the coordinates of all Russian command posts in Ukraine then wtf

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
is it plausible that he gave himself up on the condition of his men being protected once he realised he'd hosed it

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Chalks posted:

"I might be going back on my deal with Prigozhin" is one of the most nothing statements he could have made.

Indeed.

I have to imagine that the only reason Putin is saying this is because Wagner is no longer in a position to do anything but the idea of Prigozihn turning everyone around and chasing him out of the capital again but for real this time would really just put the cherry on this whole stupid sundae.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
lol, mr 4D chess here

the guardian posted:

“I made steps to avoid large bloodshed. This needed time including letting those who made a mistake change their mind and see the consequences this will lead to,” [Putin] added.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Nuclear Spoon posted:

is it plausible that he gave himself up on the condition of his men being protected once he realised he'd hosed it

I wonder what'll come of his men in the MOD. I'm sure a lot of mobiks are going to remember the mob soldiers that treated them like utter dogs at every opportunity

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

lmao couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Chalks posted:

Indeed.

Hmm.. has Girkin outright called out Putin much in the past?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I have to imagine that even if a deal involving letting Prig quietly go away was actually made with the intention of being honored, that all the media narrative about how Putin is a beta/sigma (which is “worse”? idk) male would have led to him changing his mind to prove he’s still top dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like Putin may be underestimating what Wagner could do if he moves against Prigozhin at this point. Obviously, nothing as bad as marching on Moscow, but I bet they could seriously gently caress some poo poo up in Russia.