Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Midniter posted:

The gyro kit was a lot better than I was expecting, and they give you a mountain of meat. Great easy meal for the price.

Am I missing something about the excess of onions mentioned earlier in the thread though? They're in a separate container, so you can choose how many you want on your gyro, no?

In the ones here it is just a mess of red onions in the package with the meat/pitas/tomatoes and a container of tzatziki.

It’s not that the onions are in there as a problem, it is just way too much and I end up tossing half of it unless I plan to saute them to out on a burger or something else the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just eat the onions, imo

there's a sandwich place i've been to which does really good caramelized onions since they put those, garlic, and lettuce on everything - but one of their sandwiches isn't that plus chicken or fish or pork or whatever, it's just Even More Onions filling up the whole baguette

it's absurd, but also delicious

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Psion posted:

just eat the onions, imo

there's a sandwich place i've been to which does really good caramelized onions since they put those, garlic, and lettuce on everything - but one of their sandwiches isn't that plus chicken or fish or pork or whatever, it's just Even More Onions filling up the whole baguette

it's absurd, but also delicious

is this you, op?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

no I'm less handsome

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just missed the 10 banana republic sweatshirts for $50 deal at Costco.com

I ordered shorts instead.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

I just missed the 10 banana republic sweatshirts for $50 deal at Costco.com

I ordered shorts instead.

going by what mrs. fontaine was rambling about yesterday, it sounds like you dodged a bullet

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
how the hell are those both a medium

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Probably before and after the wash

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

going by what mrs. fontaine was rambling about yesterday, it sounds like you dodged a bullet

Yeah I was reading the Slick Deals thread and they kinda said the same thing.

Still though 10 sweaters for $50!

also hella lol @ that picture

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I was reading the Slick Deals thread and they kinda said the same thing.

Still though 10 sweaters for $50!

also hella lol @ that picture

can you link to that thread? I'm actually retarded so I can't find it searching on mobile

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hark posted:

can you link to that thread? I'm actually retarded so I can't find it searching on mobile

https://slickdeals.net/f/16739774-costco-deal-banana-republic-men-s-waffle-crew-sweatshirt-9-97

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Concerned, my Sam’s Club is adding a sushi section and I don’t know how Walmart quality sushi is gonna be

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

Concerned, my Sam’s Club is adding a sushi section and I don’t know how Walmart quality sushi is gonna be

RIP your intestines.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gatts posted:

trash for idiots

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I am an American on vacation to the Canadian Maritimes and we went to Costco in Moncton, NB.

Hot dog still CAD1.50 which means it is cheaper in Canada. Got the poutine though.

Also this Costco is much larger than the one I usually go to

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

The Midniter posted:

The gyro kit was a lot better than I was expecting, and they give you a mountain of meat. Great easy meal for the price.

Am I missing something about the excess of onions mentioned earlier in the thread though? They're in a separate container, so you can choose how many you want on your gyro, no?

Both times I've gotten it I've wanted more onions. We make a gyro rice bowl with it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The kits kinda bug me because it's obviously stuff that they sell AT Costco already. Like the gyro meat and tzatziki sauce are right next to the prepared food cooler at my location and are even cheaper. All you gotta do is cut your own onion, giving you the exact right amount of onion no matter what.

Like the taco kit too. Those individual guacamole tubs (are dope) and the rest of it is just stacked in plastic so it's not even really more convenient.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got two different pair of jeans last time I went there. Both the exact same measurements but different brands. 36x32 or something. One pair, the legs were about 4-6" longer lol.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

The Costco near me just revamped their snack bar and they did it in the stupidest possible way.

Previously it was three windows coming off of one line. You would wait in line, order from the window, pay, and receive your hot dogs. Now they have self-serve ordering kiosks, but stupid ones.

I've been to Costcos with kiosks where you ordered, got a number, someone in the snack bar got your order, then called out your number when it was ready.

How it works now is you order from a self serve kiosk, pay with a card, then get a receipt. You then wait in one of two lines, and when you get to the front you hand that receipt to someone in one of two windows and that person collects your items and gives them to you. This is handled the same way as buying food at checkout used to be.

That second line, it's a cash-only line where someone rings you up at a register, then gets your food.

This system has all the inefficiency of the old system, where one person takes your order and moves to the various (pizza, hot dog, sundae) stations to put your order together while eliminating any advantage you got from ordering at the retail register. Now whether you order at the kiosks or in the warehouse you end up in the same line. Half the time the fastest way is to stand in the cash only line, which is usually a quarter of the length of the prepaid line.

Why have the kiosks if you're not going to electronically transfer the orders to the staff? Why continue the terrible system of each employee working every station depending on order?

All the change has done is make everything worse and more confusing. I hate it and I want it to be fixed.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

this is communism :china:

e: oh wait. my bad. it’s that other one :911:

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 26, 2023

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Costco been all out of baby formula for weeks. Meanwhile, my mom goes to Sam's Club and calls me up saying they got pallets of the stuff, so she scooped up four cans for us. I feel very let down by the Co.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I haven't posted in this thread much due to life/a new puppy but I've been 'co-ing extremely hard for the past few months, :rip: my bank account and waistline

the avocado salsa is back and I cannot resist slopping that poo poo on everything.

I was craving a mcchicken last week and decided to check and see if costco had some breaded chicken fillets (of course they do). Threw it in my AIR FRYER (convectailures rekt again) with some avocado oil mayo (meh) and some romaine on a toasted brioche bun, extremely yummy, like it's super hot and hissing and just a bit oily, just a massively better burg than a microwaved mcdonald's poo poo, at the same price.

the pupusas are a massive win, the flautas not so much. like idk I've never had flautas but are they supposed to be bland and flavorless? there's another similar mexican thing foodroll thing they carry that was just massively better but I forgor what it was 💀

the chicken shawarma was ok, finished it but it wasn't anything I'm going to buy again. Tzatziki great as always. Pickles great as always.

the stuffed grape leaves are exceptional, I'm a fan in general and these are super flavorful and delectable, they're way too expensive at kroger but the 'co you get a giant big box for a price you can't refuse

I think I've mentioned it before but that coastal cheddar is killer, well-aged and a very nice nutty flavor. Absurdly high-value for $6/lb, I've read online that normally that's a $40/lb cheese. Glad to see it back/still carried.

I got the fancy 3-variety norwegian salmon and put it in a wrap with some KIRKLAND SIGNATURE cream cheese and capers and man it was just kinda mid, the kirkland salmon 2-pack (the norwegian one, not the sockeye kind) is just way better for that imo. I do like the dill sauce tho.

the dog beds are on clearance now and I picked up a spare because my older dog likes to "dig" her bed and it tears them up after a while, but, it's been a big hit since it's big enough she and the puppy can share it. also the co just dropped a 3-pack of rope toys which is great, the puppy loves them.

the dog pool was an obvious loss, torn after the first day. The puppy does like the dog cot, but, she wouldn't do it with the tent at first, I should try it again sometime.

the simplehuman XL pet food containers were on sale for $90 or something around that on the costco website a few weeks ago, they're great and I ended up getting a medium container for the cat food (it does fit the orange bag) and a step-on trash can. Nice stuff but yowch. I wish I could get the other stuff at 'co too, but it's worth it anyway, it's nice stuff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

trash for idiots

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Gatts posted:

ban this user

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gatts posted:

Concerned, you're going to Sam's.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if i see sam on the street ima slap the poo poo outta that bitch no cap!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My uncle went to Sam's club and said behind the butcher section the kitchen was full of pigeons flying around and feathers and bird crap were everywhere and the butcher's were running around with fishing nets trying to catch the birds and there was a big sale of rotisserie chickens $3 each

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

The kits kinda bug me because it's obviously stuff that they sell AT Costco already. Like the gyro meat and tzatziki sauce are right next to the prepared food cooler at my location and are even cheaper. All you gotta do is cut your own onion, giving you the exact right amount of onion no matter what.

Like the taco kit too. Those individual guacamole tubs (are dope) and the rest of it is just stacked in plastic so it's not even really more convenient.

i mean, yeah? that's the prepared/prepacked section at any grocery store ever. They use what they get already, portion it out, do some of the labor, and then charge you for the convenience.

like my regular grocery store has a deli where they make sandwiches literally right next to the deli meats they'll sell you that also go into those sandwiches. does yours not?

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 26, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
whatever opinions you have about Sams Club sushi we can all agree the Costco sushi is trash for idiots, no loving clue why it is so bad but it is.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the costco sushi is multiple orders of magnitude worse than my kroger supermarket sushi

its on par with 7-Eleven sushi

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

who keeps buying that disgrace?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

who keeps buying that disgrace?

I assume it's all people who think sushi is just a soy sauce and pickled ginger delivery device.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Psion posted:

i mean, yeah? that's the prepared/prepacked section at any grocery store ever. They use what they get already, portion it out, do some of the labor, and then charge you for the convenience.

like my regular grocery store has a deli where they make sandwiches literally right next to the deli meats they'll sell you that also go into those sandwiches. does yours not?

It's just like, stacked and still partially in the original packaging. It's like a grocery store selling a "sandwich kit" with like four slices of white bread in a pile, a half pound unsliced block each of American cheese and bologna, and mayo/mustard packets

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Soul Dentist posted:

It's just like, stacked and still partially in the original packaging. It's like a grocery store selling a "sandwich kit" with like four slices of white bread in a pile, a half pound unsliced block each of American cheese and bologna, and mayo/mustard packets

You know people will buy that, right?

Case in point, look at what those jerks tricked me into buying:

“Hey, this’ll be easy, my kid can just toss it in the air fryer or whatever.”

:wrong:

That print in the bottom left would go on to crush my dreams. No, it’s literally just some of the ingredients in a box - a sack of apparently pre-cooked chicken, a bag of bread crumbs, and a sauce packet. Caveat emptor etc., etc., it was one of the only times Costco has betrayed me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Blue Moonlight posted:

You know people will buy that, right?

Case in point, look at what those jerks tricked me into buying:

“Hey, this’ll be easy, my kid can just toss it in the air fryer or whatever.”

:wrong:

That print in the bottom left would go on to crush my dreams. No, it’s literally just some of the ingredients in a box - a sack of apparently pre-cooked chicken, a bag of bread crumbs, and a sauce packet. Caveat emptor etc., etc., it was one of the only times Costco has betrayed me.

We saw those too and were going to get them until we caught that blurb at the bottom. I'm sure it's better quality because of that but it also undoes the whole point of buying one thing rather than doing it myself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sam’s club on the streets but a Costco in the sheets.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I am an American on vacation to the Canadian Maritimes and we went to Costco in Moncton, NB.

Hot dog still CAD1.50 which means it is cheaper in Canada. Got the poutine though.

Also this Costco is much larger than the one I usually go to

The Poutine is pretty drat good. Way better than cafeteria grade poutine should be. We are blessed.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

priznat posted:

Why the gently caress don't we have the ability to just push a cart thru a scanner and it totals everything up in the year 2023.. Come on AI do something useful

Its called Amazon Go and Amazon Fresh but it uses cameras to keep track of what you put in the cart

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Its called Amazon Go and Amazon Fresh but it uses cameras to keep track of what you put in the cart

Yeah but those are apparently a flop (and none around me)

IBM had a commercial on this stuff back in the 90s ffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzFhBGKU6HA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

idk how the main shopping checkout technology advancement in the 21st century became making people just do it for free

home depot is the worst offender i swear they make it as hard to find the one open non self checkout as possible i always make sure i go there even if i only have one thing to buy just to spite them