Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

P3R includes a fully-featured MMORPG within it, and playing it is necessary to do the Hermit social link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

New P3R trailer that offers some glimpses at new anime and in-engine cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

P3R includes a fully-featured MMORPG within it, and playing it is necessary to do the Hermit social link.

It's funny because that MMO social link turned into an actual full on real game. It wasn't a good MMORPG at all though.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

anakha posted:

Translation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJV8pCAJ6JY

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
If I was going to give Atlus the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if a part of the water aesthetic in P3 has to do with the waters of Lethe and its relation to death.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
https://twitter.com/UntilPersona/status/1670596138234269697?s=20

Akechi and Kasumi confirmed at least.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/likethisshetyee/status/1670669769391984640

...Switch?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Switch would be sweet and there's no reason why it can't support it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

anakha posted:

This looks surprisingly good. Also, awesome they got Lotus Juice to come back for a new theme.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Predicting a P3R announcement at the Nintendo Direct event starting in 10 minutes.

E: Welp, at least we got more P5T info.

E2:

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1671532813164728325

https://twitter.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1671141540419313665

anakha fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 21, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lol, the Xbox Store just confirmed the available P5T DLC:

https://twitter.com/Dweaknd/status/1671533153708568577

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Aww man, such a shame that they're in fact just dlc if it's a separate campaign

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Story DLC at launch? woof

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

roomtwofifteen posted:

Story DLC at launch? woof

It's a SEGA tradition

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Aww man, such a shame that they're in fact just dlc if it's a separate campaign
i imagine its like fe engage or something where once you clear it you can use them in the main game

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1671677386721574915

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm gonna be honest the no switch thing was pretty clear from the start. If it was gonna come out on the switch it would've been in the original announcement like it was for P5T

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Huh, Nuclear gets its own status effect now.

And Personas are acquired like items?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I wonder if that means you'll be able to change the other party members personas?

My favorite mechanical part of Persona Q was for sure making the most absolutely busted personas I could for the entire squad

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Really puts that whole 'Atlus is milking its games' meme in perspective.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

anakha posted:

Really puts that whole 'Atlus is milking its games' meme in perspective.

Yeah where's the P5 picross game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Include the mobile game collabs tho

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

It is true that P5 is probably rivaled only by Nier as the modern franchise most willing to do crossovers lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 5 FF14 raid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Include the mobile game collabs tho
list of significant collabs (including non-mobile games if its a significant amount of content and not just a dlc costume) (significant is largely defined as 'playable character' or 'significant amount of story content about Persona stuff')

P3: Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, Kotodaman
P4: Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, Kotodaman, Love Live School Idol Festival
P5: Puzzle and Fighters, Puyo Puyo Quest, Bang Dream, Kotodaman, Smash Brothers, Identity V, Star Ocean Amanesis, Another Eden, Sword Art Online Memory Defrag, AFK Arena, Dragalia Lost, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania, War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Last Cloudia, Alchemy Stars, Nier Reincarnation, Granblue Fantasy, Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile, m HOLD 'EM, Love Live School Idol Festival

p5 also has a set in the crossover trading card game Weiss Schwarz

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Endorph posted:

p5 also has a set in the crossover trading card game Weiss Schwarz

To be fair, P3 and P4 do as well.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Neeksy posted:

Honestly I think that comes down to the voice director than anything. Give actors bad or little scene context and you're going to have a bad time no matter how skilled they are.

Yeah, most every VA in the original was a petty big talent. I wouldn't blame them for P3's meh dub. And honestly? Atlus has never put out an outright bad dub in my opinion. P2 Eternal Punishment all the way back on the PS1 in 2000 was fine.

Anyway which is the superior dub will clearly be decided by Ace Defective. Can the new version be as good? What if it's not included at all? Instant no buys, perhaps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah, most every VA in the original was a petty big talent. I wouldn't blame them for P3's meh dub. And honestly? Atlus has never put out an outright bad dub in my opinion. P2 Eternal Punishment all the way back on the PS1 in 2000 was fine.

Anyway which is the superior dub will clearly be decided by Ace Defective. Can the new version be as good? What if it's not included at all? Instant no buys, perhaps.

My dude are you seriously arguing that the version with Vic M is the good one?

Junpei could be replaced by a high pitched screaming noise and it would be the best version.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
The Yukari line delivery calling him Ace defective you dummy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

The Yukari line delivery calling him Ace defective you dummy

I am aware.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Then I got no clue how you read that post as being pro Vic M.

I hope someone makes a mod so I can use original Fuuka VO

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

Then I got no clue how you read that post as being pro Vic M.

I hope someone makes a mod so I can use original Fuuka VO

'The superior dub'

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You should read that again

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

You should read that again

I read it correctly.

I don't think a mildly amusing meme line can make a dub featuring multiple prominent terrible people superior to one that doesn't even as a joke. I don't even like them using the same dub for p3p even if I know why they did.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It is ok to like something even if terrible people were involved in making it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

My dude are you seriously arguing that the version with Vic M is the good one?

Junpei could be replaced by a high pitched screaming noise and it would be the best version.
'i think this one line is funny and i hope they dont change it in the new tl'
'oh so you love child molesters!?'

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

'i think this one line that wasn't even by the nonce guy is funny and i hope they dont change it in the new tl'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

'i think this one line is funny and i hope they dont change it in the new tl'

I guess I am confused because NK's entire post was about the voice acting? Like it came right after them praising how good Atlus dubs are and said the superior dub would be the one that has that line. It was a specific comment about voice acting.

If I'm misunderstanding I apologize but I guess I am not seeing it.

It is literally a response to one of his lines and presumably the line readings are relevant or else what does it have to do with dubs in the first place?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 26, 2023

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I remember the P3 voice acting being pretty great except for Fuuka's battle lines, and I honestly thought she was totally passable in her story sections. Nothing else really stood out to me as being straight garbage.

I'm glad the remake's coming to GP. P3 is my favorite entry in the series with the enormous caveat that I'm talking about FemC's route. Better character, better S-Links, better weapon, and best Velvet Room attendant. I'll still play it, but I'm not half as hyped as I was in the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Enemabag Jones posted:

I remember the P3 voice acting being pretty great except for Fuuka's battle lines, and I honestly thought she was totally passable in her story sections. Nothing else really stood out to me as being straight garbage.

I'm glad the remake's coming to GP. P3 is my favorite entry in the series with the enormous caveat that I'm talking about FemC's route. Better character, better S-Links, better weapon, and best Velvet Room attendant. I'll still play it, but I'm not half as hyped as I was in the beginning.

Originally the MC could use every weapon actually! P3P is what shifted it to sword only. Otherwise I agree.