Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they need to go back to being 5000 principalities

Hard agree. Europe needs to go back to its true historical USP as a source of amusingly incomprehensible political maps, for the rest of the world to gawk at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Catholics at it again

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/louvre-icons-evacuated-ukraine-180982422/

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1666432492167995393

Edit: not sure if this is old news or not, or if some people are just picking up on it now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark is moving up its transition to the F-35 by two years to ready the donation of F-16s.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

did the chuds or their leaders have any real time reactions to the wagner poo poo?

it seemed like wall-to-wall libs or lib adjacent neocons but I self-selected for that content so i dunno

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

wtf is this?

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1673415925633019909

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1665432547126394888

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

drat, wasn't expecting to see "the Irish aren't white" in 2023 yet here it is.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Egg Moron posted:

did the chuds or their leaders have any real time reactions to the wagner poo poo?

it seemed like wall-to-wall libs or lib adjacent neocons but I self-selected for that content so i dunno

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1672672489032302592

it'll just be whether or not they were onboard the russia train or the nato train before the whole thing popped off and ended

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gunthaving a normal one

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

The first man has the armoured engineering vehicle, the second man has an extra set of keys. When the first man hits a mine, the second man walks into the minefield to pick up the AEV.

And they've got a mine laying team deploying mines behind them to keep them from running from battle

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I never ever get recommended videos of people stepping on mines on twitter and I'm happy for it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

Catholics at it again

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/louvre-icons-evacuated-ukraine-180982422/

Edit: not sure if this is old news or not, or if some people are just picking up on it now.

look, all works of art depicting jesus christ and the christianity extended universe are property of the pope

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i would just drive around the mines, simple as

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

lmao

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

samogonka posted:

he's austrian, that's were all the crazies come from

a mountain german is still a german, and austria is a fake country

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

gently caress that mine poo poo

even if everything else about being a soldier didn't absolutely suck, the non-zero chance that you subject yourself getting blowed up or have to see someone get blowed up by a land mine is a dealbreaker imo

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Delta-Wye posted:

i would just drive around the mines, simple as

i would step on the mines but really lightly so they dont go off

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

i would step on the mines but really lightly so they dont go off

battlename: twinkle toes

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Futanari Damacy posted:

Clearing mines is pretty much the only good argument I can think of for robot soldiers

And disposal of ordnance too I guess

Clearing mines is not something that requires technology, plows, flails and rollers are very simple devices, it's that they require time and protecting the sappers clearing the field requires planning and resources. Given infinite time and safe conditions, people can use very basic tools, like NGOs train volunteers in Africa and Cambodia to do.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mines are only a problem if you're in a hurry. Slow down and enjoy life and youre fine

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nix Panicus posted:

Mines are only a problem if you're in a hurry. Slow down and enjoy life and youre fine

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

lol Ukraine's grievances = Real
Eire's = Popery

I tease my wife by calling Austria "Good Germany" lol

FF more seriously considering buying his wife a Maria Theresa cosplay outfit with every passing day.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Stumbled across liberalism.jpg while looking for Princess Di

👏Hire👏more👏female👏mine👏 clearers👏

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
always see nazi medics, never see nazi combat engineers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is that mask and vest going to protect anything

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia is in retreat on all fronts

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Clearing mines is not something that requires technology, plows, flails and rollers are very simple devices, it's that they require time and protecting the sappers clearing the field requires planning and resources. Given infinite time and safe conditions, people can use very basic tools, like NGOs train volunteers in Africa and Cambodia to do.

What's the latest on those mine-sniffing rats and meerkats and whatnot?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Stumbled across liberalism.jpg while looking for Princess Di

👏Hire👏more👏female👏mine👏 clearers👏

that really was an ace of a post, the princess di one

and this one too

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

the west uses complicated technology like plows, flails, and rollers to demine an area. meanwhile, the iranians.....

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nix Panicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyEBDWcFgjw&t=267s

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

making the 'what, me worry?' face as I fly up thirty feet in the air from the force of an antipersonnel mine, only to drift down like a feather and continue about my day

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like Cunter Peehlinger amirite

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

caughter feelingher

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Catholics at it again

God I just remembered that the Met museum officially re-racialized Ilya Repin and a couple other 19thC artists as Ukrainians earlier this year in all their cataloguing. Forcibly changing the nationality of long-dead dudes who were born in the Russian Empire and considered themselves Russian because of vibes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Good heavens, such language!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

Guess you're a fan of Flabimir Peetin

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Hans, could have atleast ended his first name with "hair". SAD!

Frosted Flake posted:

lol Ukraine's grievances = Real
Eire's = Popery

I tease my wife by calling Austria "Good Germany" lol

I think "better Germany" is more accurate. There's no such thing now or in the past as a good Germany.

Frosted Flake posted:

Nuh uh!

Arktis smocks were designed for KSK, GSG 9 and SAS. I can't lose another smock company to being Political.

C'mon bro, those are Political organizations.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Ukrainian troops reportedly reclaim territory in Kherson province

quote:

There has been no official comment from Ukraine’s military high command but the reports suggest Ukrainian units are seeking to exploit fresh weaknesses in Russia’s defensive position after the sabotage earlier this month of the Kakhovka dam.

The explosion – which Kyiv and western governments say Moscow carried out – washed away Russian frontline positions. Russian troops have recently relocated from the left bank of Kherson province to the Zaporizhzhia region, where Ukraine is also seeking to advance.

“In the last week, enemy activity on the Dnipro in the area of Antonivskyi Bridge has grown abnormally,” the Russian military blogger Sasha Kots posted. He added: “Today we have to state Ukraine has entrenched itself on the left bank and is trying to expand the foothold.”

Pro-Kremlin bloggers said Ukrainian troops had “complete control” of several summer houses near Oleskhy, the occupied left-bank riverside town that suffered severe flooding earlier this month. Other embankment areas were in a developing “grey zone”, they added.

The hydroelectric dam explosion has made crossing the Dnipro River easier after water levels receded leaving behind a sandy plain. It is unclear if Ukrainian forces will be able to advance further. Beleaguered Russian troops were calling in artillery and aviation support, bloggers said.

:thunk:

The stupidity of russians knows no bounds. They just can't stop committing war crimes that accomplish nothing and help the Ukrainians

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I believe mines are a personal choice and each person should spend the amount of time clearing that they feel comfortable with before entering the mine field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Ukrainian troops reportedly reclaim territory in Kherson province

:thunk:

The stupidity of russians knows no bounds. They just can't stop committing war crimes that accomplish nothing and help the Ukrainians

it couldn't have been ukraine who destroyed the dam, didn't you see their picture of a car on the dam loaded with explosives with its roof handily cut away so you could see the explosives??