Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:yeshaha:

I used to climb that dumb thing all the time for a battlefield key item. Remembering which Miasma are permanent and which are not is the key to keeping your sanity :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 39: The Worst Week Of My Life

Just put it on loop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the heck do I even start? The Rhinostery I guess? Just go down the list?

Yoran-Oran is the former Minister of the Rhinostery, if I'm lucky he knows what went down after the expedition as Iru-Kuiru was minister before him I think. The current minister is Rukususu who I met while working for Shantotto and never wish to meet again.

Anyway off to bug Yoran-Oran.

Yeah I'm looking for information on...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The majority of historians pinpoint this exact moment as when Visaria started "losing her poo poo".
Some say she is still searching for said poo poo to this day.
Some say she never had any to begin with or it was gone long before this incident.

If you ask her she'll tell you she simply just stepped in it.

I'm going to assume Nag'molada is alive. Anyway I refuse to participate in this.

No comment.

This would be funny if I wasn't being threatened with execution.

This is probably relevant to my future but in order to have one I really need to talk to Yoran-Oran. Please?

I can't believe Prishe managed to not throw them off a cliff...

I see where this is going but I have nothing to go on... Screw it I'll just find the little bastards and get them to set this straight.

I'm going to kill them. Time to check every house. Lucky for me I have thief senses that let me detect rich people. You find the fanciest house. Please do not steal my tricks.

Found em... You can hear em from a block away... Are those stack of gold bars? Shite...

Dumbass... You'll never get rid of them.

Sigh...

This is a pretty good grift.

Well... At least this will be fixed and I can get my information.

Oh come on...

He's practically in tears. poo poo. How bad could this be?

Parradamo Tor...

Next time: That's hell you're walking into

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Somebody sired these kids and they're going to make it everyone else's problem. I asked someone who played XI about them, and their response was

quote:

Oh, those bastards.

I remember one post on the forums that was like "please let us have a fight against the 3 CoP tarus, I don't care if it drops an insect wing, I just want to hurt them."

Also, I didn't know Shantotto also used the -taru suffix.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Somebody sired these kids

I'm not sure they were sired as much as spawned by the gods to punish us all.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
oh my God, all those speech tics together in one room.

At least Shantotto's there to make things better.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Next time: That's hell you're walking into

:doit:

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

I used to run up this mountain every 5 days to do the Sheep in Antlion's Clothing ENM to sell Haguns. Easy run, I am certain I could still do it today on the first try.

This map is incomprehensible to me.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 40: Parradamo Tor

Parradamo Tor... Probably one of the most notorious missions in the game. We need to go to an unmarked antlion nest, beat up the antlion, and then take a pearl to the top of a mountain. If for some reason you fail to kill the antlion and it despawns you need to wait a Vana'diel day to try again. There are rules! We can not mount, we can not teleport, and we have 30 minutes. There is not a straight path up it. Several times we need to drop off cliffs or wait for timed blockers to unblock. Most paths on Parradamo Tor are barely wider than you are. You have 2 bad falls before you need to just get a new pearl because of the time limit.

This is a nightmare if you've never done it.

Even the bottom not mountain part has these impassible walls of smoke resulting in a maze.

Anyway I slid off once and had to get a new pearl, here's the successful run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9e2QyfhgGs

Nightmare.

Man. How easy would it be to destroy random people's lives by just going up to them and calling them daddy. I bet it would work great in San d'Oria. Wish I had thought of it when I was little. Anyway I need to go hunt down the triplets.

Everyone deserves this probably. Other than me. To the docks we go.

I get to the docks and... nothing.

Against my better judgement I try another paper peddler.

Turns out they went looking for their dad...

Makki-Chebukki: You know, I've been thinking...
Makki-Chebukki: I don't think that guy was our father.

A pox upon them.

You little sons of some gun. You are coming with me.

I doubt that...

Please don't humor them...

Just shaking my head...

I think I just said "Sigh" out loud...

They sprint off...

I'm just gonna tell Yoran-Oran they are dead.

I'm going to die.

So in other words I just got passed off again. Who am I suppose to ask in Bastok? Maybe Cid or one of the Mythril Musketeers?

Cid... Help...

Yes...

Go on...

Okay. I'm not mad(by some definition of the word) this is helpful. Magicite again? Sounds awful. Well at least Prishe is easy to find.

Back to where I started. Hopefully I'm not arrested immediately again. Hopefully Prishe hasn't wandered off...

Next time: A different nightmare

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

haha, that looks loving awful

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That mountain was designed by heinous perverts.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ah, so this dungeon was secretly the fourth Chebukki sibling.

Also, ye gods does Cid have a terrifying face.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I don't think I've ever heard the music in your Parradamo Tor video but it sounds really familiar

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chillgamesh posted:

I don't think I've ever heard the music in your Parradamo Tor video but it sounds really familiar

1. The non-chocobo mount music
2. Omen
3. Monstrosity
4. Escha

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Is the course you took through Parradamo Tor just the optimal route or the only route?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Omen music rules, but I had trouble finding it on YouTube or Spotify. Does the track have a different title?

PurpleXVI posted:

Is the course you took through Parradamo Tor just the optimal route or the only route?

This is literally the only way up the mountain. It's awful. All those X's are things that maybe could look like a path but just drop your rear end down the side of the rock, and there's no in-game distinction between the passable and permanent Miasma. Whoever thought this was good game design should spend eternity pushing a boulder up a similarly dickish mountain themselves.

I'm actually impressed Visaria kept the camera facing forward most of the time, I usually ran head-first into the cliffside and inch along just so I don't fall down.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

Omen music rules, but I had trouble finding it on YouTube or Spotify. Does the track have a different title?

https://soundcloud.com/green_fireballs/sets/gifts-from-vanadiel-songs-of-rebirth

For a Friend

Most of 11's soundtrack is on youtube but some of Chains, Adoulin, and all of Rhapsodies isn't. In order to insert these 4 songs that won't come up again I had to get creative.

If you wish to buy it you'll need to hit up iTunes.

PurpleXVI posted:

This is it. Enjoy your scary slippery drops down to near ground level in order to progress upwards.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm currently at Parradamo Tor and have to do exactly that.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fat and Useless posted:

1. The non-chocobo mount music
2. Omen
3. Monstrosity
4. Escha

So it's all FFXI music that was added after I stopped playing. I thought it sounded like it haha

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 41: Nightmare

Mama always said you can't worry about what is going on when you aren't around. Or she would, if I had a parental figure that was around. Anyway where is Prishe?

My look says it all really.

Forget Prishe, I may have lucked out.

You know, it was so long ago that I actually forgot that Aldo helped me with the original magicite incident.

Convenient. Not great, but convenient.

Nope not great at all! Ulmia understandably rushes out the door. I follow behind, I need Prishe alive to clear my name after all.

It's always a bad feeling when a doctor is at the point where they go "oh it's you again, yeah go on in".

Terribly you say?

Oh by the way what is up with the samurai in the corner?

Hi.

Yep.

Foreboding.

It was for a brief second but I swear I saw his blade vibrating on it's own.

I see where this is going. Sure thing.

Look man I'm starting to suspect time shenanigans and I hate time shenanigans. If I could take time and hit it with that chair you are sitting on, I would. I may have already. That's why I hate time. I'm currently already one pupil deep in time frickering, adding more layers on to it seems dangerous.

Ok. Let me pause right here. I need to find the boy to clear my name and the plan to do that was to find the fourth crystal. AND THEY KNEW FOR DAYS THAT HE WAS IN PSO'XJA!?

WHILE I WAS OFF CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN!?

Just wanted to make sure I heard you right. Go on.

I'm upset. I'll get over it. I leave the amulet with Prishe and head to the Tenshodo to get the keys to the front door.

I'll convince him with my fist...

I just need a chip of any color and they drop pretty quick and right at the start of the ruins. To be safe I employ the use of thief's treasure hunter skill to improve the drop rate.

You processed my Tenshodo invitation. Your boss owes me several life debts. Forget it! I don't have time for this!

Pso'Xja

I head back to the ruins.

So there is one puzzle to get past. Different colored warping portals that we need to enter in the correct order. Trial and error or just knowing the pattern gets you to this central elevator which we will take down to the bottom.

Down at the bottom, this would be the door I needed the key for.

I had to get the keys...

That's called a sign Tenzen! We follow those with no regard for our safety!

I wonder what awaits on the other side? Feels dark...

It is indeed dark.

Tenzen's sword is jiggling again. Stop giggling, it isn't funny, it is probably a serious condition.

Well that's serious I guess?

Next time: The devil went down to Jeuno

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 6, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The mental image of Prishe, still curled up like an exploded Yamcha, just appearing without apparently moving, everywhere Tenzen and Vissaria go is funny to me.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Another good CoP track.

Also aside from the Mammett fight I feel like Visaria isn't cracking nearly enough skulls in these missions recently.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Bregor posted:

Another good CoP track.

Naoshi Mizuta is criminally underrated when it comes to FF composers.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

Another good CoP track.

Also aside from the Mammett fight I feel like Visaria isn't cracking nearly enough skulls in these missions recently.

This is how you get a video of killing crabs for an hour and you know drat well someone is getting a cracked skull next update. But that is a good note! Most of Chains big fights are back loaded into the second half. It has a bunch of big fights, maybe the most of any expansion I think? I really need to get three paths done, it has been months.

Speaking of my own special hell, the summoner update chain is like six updates and I want to die thinking about how to drop them. Expect three in a row in quick succession and then I'm sprinkling the rest in afterwards between normal updates.

Melomane Mallet posted:

Naoshi Mizuta is criminally underrated when it comes to FF composers.

I feel like 11 is definitely his best work but everything he touches like Stranger of Paradise or 13-2/3 slaps.

PurpleXVI posted:

The mental image of Prishe, still curled up like an exploded Yamcha, just appearing without apparently moving, everywhere Tenzen and Vissaria go is funny to me.

Even Yamcha'd she refuses to sit still. It's a problem our best scientists are working on.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 42: Diabolos

Throwin' hands time

Ah things are getting even more complicated.

Tenzen hops off the ledge after the boy.

And no sooner than he does...

Good luck Tenzen. Prishe.

I can feel Carbuncle inside my tummy telling me to go down there. Fine.

So this is unique in that there are a few floors to this fight. During the fight some of those squares down there will disappear. Below are a bunch of angry bugs that will ruin your day if you fall down.

Diabolos himself likes putting you to sleep. This sleep lands on a level 99 and lasts a minute. In this fight with him we won't see it but when I come back here on high tier or on Summoner it will be a real problem as he rips off like 75% of your HP as he does it.

Yeah. I got nothing. Either of you?

Happy FF16 day everyone.

I'm gonna need to have a talk with Carbuncle after this.

You know... I haven't really taken a side on this yet. I've just kinda been focused on saving my own hide. So here are my brief thoughts. Nag'molada sucks. The kid is probably fine. The Zilart suck. Tavnazia is cool. Bahamut is doing his job but could probably not and that would be good.

Emptiness is something that will always exist as much as everyone wants to flail against it. I have no idea what the crystals filling with Emptiness means though, like that seems bad... Right? Really I think a lot of this is just the Zilart being the Zilart. I could get into how having the power to read minds versus having to actually talk to other people changes all sorts of things but Diabolos is kinda loud and I'm having trouble focusing on my inner monologue.

A kingdom of soul, Dynamis. Much like Bahamut, Diabolos is just doing his job. I'd rather not die just yet though.

You aren't exactly normal Prishe...

Don't drag me into this... But like, yeah, I guess.

Ugggh... Looks like we are out.

Good luck with that.

Anxiety

Hey everyone. I feel like I just got ran over by a chocobo. I'd lay down in that bed but I kinda never want to sleep again. Yes I see the irony, if I could go back in time I'd tell past Visaria to forget the bed.

Tenzen is smooth.

Prishe is a different type of smooth.

Bird in sword. Got it.

I have a list of chores that need doing.

We all agree the Keeper of the Apocalypse is bad.

I'm Visaria.

I'm gonna go give Carbuncle a bonk.

Next time: I don't go back to Tavnazia

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 6, 2023

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I feel like you massively undersold Diabolos' loving sleep.

Normal sleep? Take any damage and you wake up. A single tick of 1 HP poison damage will do it. Poisoning yourself is a legit strategy to get through sleep spam fights.

Nightmare loving sleep? Here, it comes with a Bio effect, doing damage over time, and showcases the gimmick; nightmare sleep is not removed when you take damage. Diabolos could crush you with a 1996 Ford Fiesta and you'd still be snoozing your precious little head off.

HQ status ailments loving suck. Thankfully there's only like three, but they're all awful. Nightmare sucks. Bane is just Curse but it steals even more of your Max HP and MP... and can last two loving hours if you don't have Holy Water or Cursna. Mute is Silence that cannot be removed by anything short of death. They're awful. Thankfully they're pretty rare.

I loving hate Diabolos. The suffering of trying to fight him at high levels is engraved on my soul.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I feel like you massively undersold Diabolos' loving sleep.

Normal sleep? Take any damage and you wake up. A single tick of 1 HP poison damage will do it. Poisoning yourself is a legit strategy to get through sleep spam fights.

Nightmare loving sleep? Here, it comes with a Bio effect, doing damage over time, and showcases the gimmick; nightmare sleep is not removed when you take damage. Diabolos could crush you with a 1996 Ford Fiesta and you'd still be snoozing your precious little head off.

HQ status ailments loving suck. Thankfully there's only like three, but they're all awful. Nightmare sucks. Bane is just Curse but it steals even more of your Max HP and MP... and can last two loving hours if you don't have Holy Water or Cursna. Mute is Silence that cannot be removed by anything short of death. They're awful. Thankfully they're pretty rare.

I loving hate Diabolos. The suffering of trying to fight him at high levels is engraved on my soul.

I wiped 3 times to him two days ago fighting him for the Summoner update(s). Story Diabolos ain't poo poo. Optional Diabolos can find a cliff and fall down it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Bane is just Curse but it steals even more of your Max HP and MP... and can last two loving hours if you don't have Holy Water or Cursna.

Why would anyone design a status effect that can last two hours? :dogstare:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Why would anyone design a status effect that can last two hours? :dogstare:

Tanaka! /FF11meme :shepicide:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

They will grudgingly remember to bring the protagonist that always saves the day rather than rushing off to get their asses beat alone.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Summoner Part 1

Role: Damage with some support

Summons are big balls of burst damage with pretty strong and unique buffs depending on the summon. When summoned they constantly tick down your MP and using their moves takes pet TP and your MP. You can make them drain extra MP for a big hyper buff.

Main Weapons: Staff

You have a very specific set of weapons that you will use because of Summoner's gimmick.

Magic: Just Summons!

You do in fact need to level summoning skill. It's awful!

Notable Abilities:

Astral Flow: (One hour cooldown) For 3 minutes your summons have no MP upkeep. Every summon gets a strong area attack they can only use during this ability, this attack uses ALL your MP. Finally it allows you to summon two special summons we will learn about much later.

Mana Cede: Exchanges some MP for a bunch of pet TP.

Apogee: No recast time on your next blood pact but it costs 50% more MP.

Astral Conduit: (one hour cooldown) Your second big cooldown restores ALL your MP and for 30 seconds your blood pacts have no recast time.

Blood Pacts: Come in offensive and defense flavors and are different on each summon. Normally usable only once a minute. There is no way I can list them all but I will list a notable few a little later.

Notable Traits As A Sub Job:

Max MP Boost: What it says on the tin.

Auto Refresh: Restores very little MP over time automatically.

You may have noticed Summoner has no abilities you can use as a Sub Job. Summoner's trait choices aren't much better. Summoner just isn't a good Sub Job.

Cool Weapon Skills:

Myrkr: Restores your MP(20% per 1000 TP) and removes up to 3 status ailments

Spirit Taker: Restores MP based on damage dealt

Garland of Bliss: Lowers target's defense and is light elemental damage

You like MP. If you are using a weapon skill you are probably just doing it to get your MP back.

Summary:

Summons come in every element, some are physical focused and some are more magical oriented. Some are purely there to do a powerful buff or debuff. Summons can be commanded to auto attack and have HP/MP/TP like players do. They know not only their unique skills but spells like Hastega 1 and 2 too. Super useful if you have no Red Mage. As your level goes up your summon's level increases granting them more skills and spells. In today's day and age you have a very specific role in a very specific party setup in very specific content. Casually, it's fine I guess.

You need a bunch of gear to lower the rate at which your summons eat your MP. The big thing stopping me from using the Job is that there are two idle staff choices at the moment: Nirvana(-8 MP) which is a relic weapon or Gridarvor(-5 MP) which requires me to beat Rhapsodies. "Surely the MP drain isn't so bad you need those two specific weapons", it is. You could find other gear with enough reduction(-14 MP total) but that is a hell in of itself aside from a not too bad to make pair of item level 119 boots(-8 MP) and it clogs up our limited equipment/inventory slots with lower power gear. Another issue I don't want to deal with is making a set for both physical and magical summon damage. Basically don't do a Let's Play where you aren't skipping ahead if you wanna do a Summoner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to learn about the terrestrial avatars! To Windurst!

Karaha-Baruha's house is my go to for summoning learnings.

Why go to a stone circle in the middle of nowhere when you can come here?

Look I just wanted to know about Bahamut and stuff... Before Carby poofs away I'm told to go to Bastok. Where in Bastok? Hell if I know. Let's try asking the Windurst summoner type nerds that exist in every town.

Tuning forks? Giant crystals? Hrm... I feel like this is going to be important eventually. But I need to figure out what has Carby up in arms.

Okay so if we've done all the things we are going to do in the future, getting to the place we need to go will have already been done and we can just crystal teleport to them. Got it? I teleport out to the caves with this pendulum...

Tastes like dirt in here.

For a brief moment we see a Taru before they fade away into a doll. Beside them another Taru who starts summoning something while teleporting away.

I'll figure out this Taru business after I smack this thing with my stick a few times.

Bonk. Ildy-Goldy rushes out of the crystal. Bonk. To try and catch the rogue Summoner while I handle this. Bonk.

My stomach suddenly hurts...

My stomach hurts for different reasons.

Well anyway since I'm here maybe Carby can be a little more clear...

Not great. Anyway I'm going to go throw this tear at Koru-Moru's head.

Carbuncle owes me.

What were you even trying to do?

There had to be a better way Carby...

Kick-kiddily-kill me.

I have this nagging feeling like I'm about to break time for some reason. I'll worry about it after it happens.

I should do that in my free time.

Noble.

Please don't make me inform everyone of this...

Crap...

GAH!!!

That was useful. Thank you!

I would like to know more about the INCIDENT that occurred at the DARK DUNGEON.

Well... Looks like I have to head to San d'Oria next to find a Taru in an Elvaan stack. Like I said earlier, there is a summoner Taru in every city. I can start there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah, if voting is still allowed, I'm voting to see Blue Mage.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Blue Mage has like five separate charts and an excel spreadsheet, and that's why it was my absolute favourite job in this entire game. Maybe even series.

And then XIV butchered it.

I wonder if this thread will turn into an impromptu group therapy session like every gathering of XI players inevitably does. :allears:

I like the XIV iteration of it somewhat, but I can't say I appreciate it came with the caveat of "We have to lock this class into very very VERY specific gated off content that will be updated once every two years" or the fact that so many skills are just 220 potency AOEs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

I like the XIV iteration of it somewhat, but I can't say I appreciate it came with the caveat of "We have to lock this class into very very VERY specific gated off content that will be updated once every two years" or the fact that so many skills are just 220 potency AOEs.

Yeah this is one of my big complaints, they gated it away into its own area so they could do wacky poo poo with it, and then didn't really do any wacky poo poo with it at all.

Anyway.

These Summoner quests don't actually focus a lot on the summons, do they? It's been over an actual decade since I did them, so my memories are hazy at best.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Halfway through reading this I was overcome with the thought "Why does Koru-Moru talk like Ned Flanders?" and my appreciation that Lalafell just speak normally for the most part is only increasing.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah this is one of my big complaints, they gated it away into its own area so they could do wacky poo poo with it, and then didn't really do any wacky poo poo with it at all.

Anyway.

These Summoner quests don't actually focus a lot on the summons, do they? It's been over an actual decade since I did them, so my memories are hazy at best.

Visaria will accomplish not a dang-dilly-drat thing for the next 2 weeks.

AweStriker posted:

Halfway through reading this I was overcome with the thought "Why does Koru-Moru talk like Ned Flanders?" and my appreciation that Lalafell just speak normally for the most part is only increasing.

I was this close to making our adventurer be a Tarutaru for the situational whiplash but I hate how they move. No Mithra as I would not be able to keep up with the rrr gimmick or have cat puns to last us. There is however a much happier version of Visaria with her hair up that existed.

That is a note we can bring up. There is no hair changing or race changing. What you make is what you are forever. Names can be changed only by transferring to a new server and having your old name be taken. So you'd need to make a new character for $1 with your old name, transfer for $10, make a new name, then transfer back for another $10.

Oh yeah, if voting is still allowed, I'm voting to see Blue Mage.

Blue Mage is absolutely hands down the best soloing Job with absurd customization. It is less impressive in a party where people can focus on doing one thing super well but does do some things no one else can. It's the best Sub Job in quite a few situations too!

Varisele: Ninja, Dragoon, Red Mage
Mallet: Blue Mage, Corsair
Blueberry Pancakes: Blue Mage
SIGSEGV: Red Mage
Bmac32: Dragoon

Feel free to keep adding to the list. While I will get to everything sooner or later, I get to things sooner if people want them.

Once Chains ends I can get to Corsair and Blue Mage without having to be deep in the next story. I may have already made the first Corsair update.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

How many jobs total are there even in this thing? It seems like the sort of thing that they have to add in regularly to sate the content thirst and at some point I imagine there is some stress in getting something new and moderately balanced with other options.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I always want to see more Blue Mages.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

SIGSEGV posted:

How many jobs total are there even in this thing? It seems like the sort of thing that they have to add in regularly to sate the content thirst and at some point I imagine there is some stress in getting something new and moderately balanced with other options.

2002-
Red Mage
Thief
White Mage
Black Mage
Warrior
Monk

Paladin
Dark Knight
Bard
Beast Master
Ranger
Summoner

2003-
Ninja
Dragoon
Samurai

2006-
Corsair
Blue Mage
Puppeteer

2007-
Scholar
Dancer

2013-
Rune Fencer
Geomancer

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 27, 2023

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You could read all about the summons in the Vanadiel Tribune, available to read on Play Online

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

What's a Rune Fencer and how different are the two fancy fencer jobs?

Also, Dancer, Visaria desperately needs some cheer in her, and forced cheer feels almost as good in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

What's a Rune Fencer and how different are the two fancy fencer jobs?

Also, Dancer, Visaria desperately needs some cheer in her, and forced cheer feels almost as good in a pinch.

Rune Fencer makes me imagine a fancier Mystic Knight from FF5.