Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This is Ohio-style pizza and it is a delicacy found only in the great state of Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It looks like it’s cobbled together out of multiple lovely pizzas. How did they burn part while some cheese doesn’t even look melted?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Snowy posted:

It looks like it’s cobbled together out of multiple lovely pizzas. How did they burn part while some cheese doesn’t even look melted?

the blowtorch ran out of fuel

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

You all are gonna make me go upstairs so I can start handing out 6ers for insulting my home state.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hekk posted:

You all are gonna make me go upstairs so I can start handing out 6ers for insulting my home state.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Snowy posted:

The secret to making a good Ohio-style is the high lead content of the tap water in Ohio, which makes it so that only native Ohioans able to prepare the Ohio-style properly.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

McGavin posted:

This is Ohio-style pizza and it is a delicacy found only in the great state of Ohio.

It's still better than that hosed up poo poo they call chile

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

In all seriousness, the derail is funny and news has been slower the past couple of days. However, it makes it difficult for people following the thread to have to sort through multiple pages of poo poo posts. Please use one of our other threads to poo poo on Ohio or whatever other non Ukraine related stuff everyone wants to talk about.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Hekk posted:

In all seriousness, the derail is funny and news has been slower the past couple of days. However, it makes it difficult for people following the thread to have to sort through multiple pages of poo poo posts. Please use one of our other threads to poo poo on Ohio or whatever other non Ukraine related stuff everyone wants to talk about.

Ohio guzimas

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1672560813159198720?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it turns out russia didn't self own

it was just russia owning russia

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1312534810900848641

Alabama fought a war to defend slavery but we never dumped canned potatoes into a loving crockpot

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Hekk posted:

The past couple days?! You mean the coup attempt was slow news?!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
all posting and no coup makes goon a dull boy

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bennyfactor posted:

Wasn't that 3 days ago and ended like a big wet fart?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bennyfactor posted:

insurrectile dysfunction is common among men of prigozhin's age

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Kith posted:

insurrectile dysfunction is common among men of prigozhin's age

New thread title right here

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66024526

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has accused the leaders of last weekend's Wagner mutiny of wanting "to see Russia choked in bloody strife".

In a short speech full of vitriol, Mr Putin vowed to bring the organisers of the revolt "to justice".

But he called regular Wagner troops "patriots" who would be allowed to join the army, go to Belarus or return home.

He did not directly name Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin, who earlier denied trying to overthrow Mr Putin's regime.

I don't even think Putin has any idea what the gently caress he's doing any longer. I think he's been dipping into Medvedev's private stash.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fearless posted:

New thread title right here

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Alan Smithee posted:

all posting and no coup makes goon a dull boy
tated puoc!
tated puoc!
tated puoc!
tated puoc!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I just changed it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

:hehe:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hekk posted:

I just changed it

My timing is impeccable :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My god talk about a golden BB if either flares or a missed AA missile lit up a fuel dump.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Hekk posted:

I just changed it

Thank you!

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Arrath posted:

My god talk about a golden BB if either flares or a missed AA missile lit up a fuel dump.

Easier to do when there's open barrels, puddles, and leaking hoses everywhere

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Hekk posted:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hekk posted:

The X-man cometh posted:

It's still better than that hosed up poo poo they call chile

TheWeedNumber posted:

Ohio guzimas

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Hekk posted:

Wasn't that 3 days ago and ended like a big wet fart?

I got loving blasted on enough shrooms to fight God Friday and Saturday, and boy did this thread make for some fun reading waking up Sunday morning.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Flikken posted:

Vehicle registration, taxes and liquor laws. On all 3 except the liquor laws in Missouri.

Just off the top of my head. Cost of living too.

Well yeah. There's nothing to do in Ohio except drink.

Content: Putin confirmed that Wagner killed a bunch of Russian pilots.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08dc84103ef0e0

psydude fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 27, 2023

Dick Ripple
May 19, 2021
The amount of Ukrainian mechanized/armored assaults being posted on Reddit seems to be increasing, and the amount of AP/AT mines they are hitting is ridiculous. I gather the entirety of the Russian defensive line is just one single multi kilometer deep minefield. Does the US/NATO even have enough mine clearing equipment for that task? Because it is clear the Ukrainians do not even have close enough.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Dick Ripple posted:

The amount of Ukrainian mechanized/armored assaults being posted on Reddit seems to be increasing, and the amount of AP/AT mines they are hitting is ridiculous. I gather the entirety of the Russian defensive line is just one single multi kilometer deep minefield. Does the US/NATO even have enough mine clearing equipment for that task? Because it is clear the Ukrainians do not even have close enough.

Unfortunately *if* you give 0 fucks on actually mapping your minefields for future dismantling/LOAC regulation and/or coordinating defensive perimeters, ”laying a fuckton of mines everywhere” is surprisingly easy as long as you have the mobiks to carry them.

A TM-62 weighs somewhere around 20 pounds, meaning one medium all-terrain truck can carry hundreds of them, after which it is just a matter of having enough mobniks to scatter them every 5 ft on avenues of approach. It takes 2-4 shovel strikes to dig a hole, one to fill the hole and camouflage the mine. Literally RTS-game timers as far as military logistics goes. And Russians have been building these defensive lines for months.

Munition-spread AP mines such as PFM1 are even less strenuous because they are spread by cluster munitions so all that is needed is to point the approximate grid square to saturate and fire away.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It’s wild to wonder how that would have gone, even if it were fewer than 10k guys the random crap the state was throwing on the roads did not hint at being prepared. If they got into Moscow probably not much between them and the Kremlin, then the state would have to worry about retaking their own seat of government where probably a whole lot of big names got captured & they would not want to airstrike their own buildings. Massive defections or at least “wait and see” would be happening.

I mean just spitballing here.

Imagine that one morning you woke up and 10th Mountain Division had announced it was going to occupy Washington and was already rolling down the I-81 in full force.

How quickly do you actually think the US could mobilise a response force?

e: and that's assuming that the high readiness forces aren't already committed somewhere else!

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 27, 2023

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Alchenar posted:

Imagine that one morning you woke up and 10th Mountain Division had announced it was going to occupy Washington and was already rolling down the I-81 in full force.

How quickly do you actually think the US could mobilise a response force?

I mean kinda fair but in this scenario the US is failing to capture Chicago, and separatists take Pittsburgh or something. I would expect some thought to be directed to security for the literal seat of power in that case.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

GD_American posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1312534810900848641

Alabama fought a war to defend slavery but we never dumped canned potatoes into a loving crockpot

I can tell you with some degree of certainty that this is not a true statement.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The hell is wrong with potatoes in your slow-cooker stew?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Well for one thing those aren't baby carrots

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hyperlynx posted:

The hell is wrong with potatoes in your slow-cooker stew?

It's not the potatoes, it's the delivery method. I'm so white that in the winter I become translucent and even when I was college student poor I at least had the good sense to buy a pound of actual potatoes and cut them myself instead of getting loving canned ones.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I've never even seen canned potatos I don't think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna be honest and say I never knew there was such a thing as canned potatoes. Holy loving poo poo that is the whitest poo poo I’ve ever seen. Ever.