Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That is / was a Wagner area?

It's NE of Bakhmut but a Russian stronghold. If Russia is striking Soledar, it would imply Ukraine are making some gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

Zero VGS posted:

"always" like they've been down 75% of the time I try, and now their domain is changed? Not trying to complain about a useful idea but it was so hosed I gave up last time.

There are a poo poo ton of nitter instances. https://github.com/xnaas/nitter-instances (and that doesn't even seem to include the one I use) . I use a browser plugin called libredirect for firefox but it does exist for chrome. The instance I found with the best balance of ping response time and uptime (nearly 100%) is https://nitter.1d4.us. If you decide to install libredirect go to the plugin settings, go to the twitter settings, click enable, delete nitter.com and then add https://nitter.1d4.us you can leave it enabled if you always want to redirect. Personally I disable it again so that I can right click the link and then redirect from the context menu.

For reddit I repeat the process but use https://libreddit.bus-hit.me

Sounds like a pain in the rear end but i just uninstalled and then reinstalled and had it configured in under 2 minutes.

Edit: another list of nitter instances https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances <- this one includes the instance I use.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 27, 2023

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

It’s like Mexico taking San Diego, not only the prestige issues but whoops your fleet HQ for the Navy is gone.

It’s existential, a Ukrainian Crimea in NATO means no warm water port for the Russian Navy. It also means the USS Gerald Ford gets to hang out in Odessa.

Ukraine used to lease them the space but that opportunity is now gone forever.

The Russian port of Novorossiysk is perfectly capable of basing the Russian Black Sea Fleet, and it doesn't require an illegal annexation to continue to use.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

Seemingly all fascists these days are cowards who buckle immediately in the face of adversity, which admittedly is always delightful

Always has been.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Always has been.

Eh, no reason to fall into the same trap of how you view your enemies as fascists do. Also very much disproved by Nazi Germany in WWII who fought weeeeeell past the point where any hope remained.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

HonorableTB posted:

New Ukrainian tank has entered the field, look at this absolute unit

Don't doxx me plz

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

HonorableTB posted:

https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/74237

E: no telegram embeds?? boooo hisssss

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Ikasuhito posted:

I feel like any talk of an advance through Kherson is comically premature. The location they are at is probably the best available on this side of the drat, but even then it's absolute dogshit in terms of trying to conduct an advance. They have to go over a bloated river with no bridge, a single swamp flanked road they can go down, and then another river crossing just to smack right into a small city. If they could pull this off then Russia is already crumbling.

It's probably just ment as a reconnaissance in force like they were doing on those islands before they got flooded.

But have you considered that it's really easy to draw arrows on a map and declare Crimea to be threatened?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

gross

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

General Bullshit > Ukraine War: Suka, you are in a new rear end. Welcome to Belarus.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

EasilyConfused posted:

But have you considered that it's really easy to draw arrows on a map and declare Crimea to be threatened?

......poo poo. Now you've given me a lot to think about.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Autisanal Cheese posted:

General Bullshit > Ukraine War: Suka, you are in a new rear end. Welcome to Belarus.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i made some drat good steaks tn

I bet prigozhin's catering company couldnt make steaks that good

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Dude they look pretty raw to me, I'd let it cook a bit but you be you.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

deported to Canada posted:

Dude they look pretty raw to me, I'd let it cook a bit but you be you.

i thought it was common thread knowledge that i am in fact a werewolf??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Iron Maiden him with ERA bricks

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dece steaks but my lord those are like whole peppercorns

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Some of us like picking peppercorns out of our gums later.

As a treat.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

Some of you might be aware that Shoigu has a love of collecting odd bits of wood, but did you know he likes to carve them into his own likeness and give them to people as gifts?

E: there's an ongoing leak of hacked documents about the Minister of Defense. LMAO its a doozy. The same hacking group is releasing files about Prigozhin too. If you're interested, check out the telegram channel BlackMirror: https://t.me/black8mirror

Requires knowing russian or paying for the telegram translate thing

No flared base? They live on the edge on Russia.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

Spike-Me-Own-Tea Priggler

someone explain this loving thing seriously

i know one you motherfuckers is going to explain the concept of "poison" and "tea" and "prigozhin"

spare me

especially when you had Chef Boyar P

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

loving lol pro reads right here

russian army doing literal ferris bueller style mileage scams on their tanks

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

most of the large peppercorn kernels fall off during the air grilling process but the flavor gets sealed into the sear :ocelot:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

This one has probably been done before but gently caress it we'll do it live, fuckin thing SUCKS

lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan Smithee posted:

i know one you motherfuckers is going to explain the concept of "poison" and "tea" and "prigozhin"

spare me

Discworld, Cut--Me-Own-Throat Dibbler, discount entrepenur and opportunist.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Toxic Mental posted:

get on my level coward

Alan Smithee posted:

spare me

it's a reference to the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, featuring a homelesstemporarily dispossessed character called "cut-me-own-throat Dibbler" who tries emphatically to sell you/everyone hot dogsanimal related products that you can try to eat of unknown and worrying provenance, and will attempt to haggle you down when you refuse saying he's cutting his own throat by offering you that price

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Alan Smithee posted:

spare me

I made the joke, I’ll explain it. In the Discworld series of books, there’s a character of ill repute named “‘Cut-me-own-throat’ Dibbler” who’s most well-known for his “sausage inna bun” salesmanship and wheedling sales tactics. Prighozin has been called a Hot Dog guy many times itt.

The rest, you already understand.

I’m quite proud of it tyvm but Chef Boyar P slaps

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

madmatt112 posted:

I made the joke, I’ll explain it. In the Discworld series of books, there’s a character of ill repute named “‘Cut-me-own-throat’ Dibbler” who’s most well-known for his “sausage inna bun” salesmanship and wheedling sales tactics. Prighozin has been called a Hot Dog guy many times itt.

The rest, you already understand.

I’m quite proud of it tyvm but Chef Boyar P slaps

lmao excellent

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

HonorableTB posted:

I bet prigozhin's catering company couldnt make steaks that good

Man, I'm digging that seasoning job.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

How do steaks turn out when you basket air-fry them??

zone
Dec 6, 2016

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

HonorableTB posted:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

madmatt112 posted:

How do steaks turn out when you basket air-fry them??

At 400 degrees I let it sit and sear for 6 minutes before flipping, then let it cook for another 5 minutes. Pulled it off for a nice medium-rare with a good crust on the outside, very juicy. I meant to do one of them rare but this was the first time I've used the basket air-fryer so next time I'll take them off a few minutes earlier.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 27, 2023

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Hasn't there been a reassessment of Nevile Chamberlain from "naive appeaser" to someone whose actions are defensible in the context of preparing Britain for war? WW2 isn't my strong suit.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been trying to think of a good place to try this out and

https://i.imgur.com/xSYsXaG.mp4

Probably needs a bit more time to mess with it but I gotta go eat

lmao

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Captain Beans posted:

loving lol pro reads right here

russian army doing literal ferris bueller style mileage scams on their tanks

This was a plot point in Red storm rising . So it’s not a new problem for Russian armies.

The solution was to charge and death by firing squad a lot of supply Sargents and colonels.

Putin must never have read it.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
while we're claiming credit for things I think this got lost in the noise of the coup Or Whatever That Was

no news is, uh, something? I wonder if Chef Boyar P is going to make it to hide out in Africa.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Comstar posted:

This was a plot point in Red storm rising . So it’s not a new problem for Russian armies.

The solution was to charge and death by firing squad a lot of supply Sargents and colonels.

Putin must never have read it.

The book mistakenly assumed the guys checking for corruption wouldn't themselves be on the take.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Hasn't there been a reassessment of Nevile Chamberlain from "naive appeaser" to someone whose actions are defensible in the context of preparing Britain for war? WW2 isn't my strong suit.

Germany was vastly weaker and would have been fighting through fortifications and without the Chech arms industry. So err no.

I think Turtledove did a series on it happening but I think everything goes * worse* somehow.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol As if he knows that's Chamberlain, or who Chamberlain even is.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I'd say more like the other way around. "Prepared England for WW2" by giving Germany enough time and slack to take over most of Europe, completely spin up the war machine and railway system, and become the war crimes gold standard instead of actually standing up to fascists. The lack of military aid from America and Britain early on was pretty shameful. There's been some talk about getting enough fighter planes ready and stuff, but what won the war in the end was boots on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

"Don't think of the question why animals seem to be well-fed in the warzone." Most animals are opportunity eaters, even many of the known herbivores.