Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

howl's moving castle doctrine

oh god drat that's a rough chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

bulletsponge13 posted:

Friendly reminder that MH providers are a relationship; not all clients and providers are compatible, and you might have to go through a few.

tell that to the last VA resident I had who took my polite but assertive questioning personal as gently caress and medically documented his angst in my medical record, for all to see, forever.

i know it but they dont

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Milo and POTUS posted:

So she had a gun and didn't even think to ask? You get answers if you produce a gun! At least wave the drat thing around or something first. You're probably in the back seat right? I've never taken an uber. There were a lot of flaws in her logic before she got to this step mind, but goddamn if you're that loving prone to mortal panic you probably shouldn't have a gun.

Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Elviscat posted:

Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.

I don't know why you're lecturing me, I'm not the one who did it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1673481579337752576?t=m3UL0yYe-jw1U1pgC6ixEQ&s=19

Womp womp.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
obviously it's out of the bag now, but I don't feel great about evidence leaking, you know?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Link the video, quizboy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Arrath posted:

Link the video, quizboy.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1673481847727173632?t=JJnTcYrJm1GF4CM1Msj08Q&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A.o.D. posted:

obviously it's out of the bag now, but I don't feel great about evidence leaking, you know?

It was public, not really evidence. It was an interview he gave to Mark Meadows's book writer. Not sure if this was part of discovery either - whole lot of people had this recording.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I think I just blew a blood vessel, gently caress.

Some toadie: "hillary would have printed this out"

MOTHERFUCKER YOUR BOSS JUST HANDED OVER A COPY OF IT

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

And this is why presidents probably don't get read into the really juicy stuff, like UFOs, and apparently are told to gently caress off & SMDFTB when they try to get that info. Carter and Clinton alluded to this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jimmy Smuts posted:

And this is why presidents probably don't get read into the really juicy stuff, like UFOs, and apparently are told to gently caress off & SMDFTB when they try to get that info. Carter and Clinton alluded to this.

That’s when they’re sent new footage of Dallas on November 22, 1963.

edit: wasn’t there a stargate SG-1 episode that had one of the actual joint chiefs of staff in a cameo where they’re reading the president into the interstellar war the USAF has been fighting for like 5 years at that point?

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 27, 2023

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

hobbesmaster posted:

With one clip taken from a sewer, and another from a grassy knoll.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

bulletsponge13 posted:

Friendly reminder that MH providers are a relationship; not all clients and providers are compatible, and you might have to go through a few.

Exactly. Therapeutic alliance is key. Rapport is a big factor in success when psychotherapy is studied.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

hobbesmaster posted:

edit: wasn’t there a stargate SG-1 episode that had one of the actual joint chiefs of staff in a cameo where they’re reading the president into the interstellar war the USAF has been fighting for like 5 years at that point?

There's a great one when they do this with a bunch of nuclear powers and they're all like "wtf are you insane" until Supreme Commander Thor of the Asgardians teleports himself into the meeting room

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I don’t doubt it but I’d love to read about how they said it exactly.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

yeah I still don't know why I went back to the guy that was a retired cop after the first session

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Current event: I was currently reading this post

and I assumed it was just a joke but investigating it led me to this abomination.

quote:

It is removed halfway through baking and topped with additional sauce and small amounts of cheese.[8] The cooked pizza is then topped with cold ingredients including shredded Provolone cheese and often pepperoni or banana peppers.[3][16] The cheese melts slightly due to the heat of the pizza but the other toppings remain uncooked.

What the gently caress Ohio.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You can't eat in everybody housestate.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

bulletsponge13 posted:

yeah especially if you've got a particularly loaded history of hosed up stuff poo poo you're dealing with you almost definitely are going to go through a few people until you find someone good who you mesh with. it's very worth it too, though. Really, really helps to ask around for recommendations of people with experience in precisely what you're going through if that is at all possible. even with someone who isn't a great match but you're stuck with for a while, there's usually still some stuff you can tackle

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

There's a great one when they do this with a bunch of nuclear powers and they're all like "wtf are you insane" until Supreme Commander Thor of the Asgardians teleports himself into the meeting room

That was the rear end in a top hat senator recurring character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYaK-WuXZrQ

Apparently the presidential briefing was the new president’s first day in office, with rear end in a top hat senator being his vice president. https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Inauguration
So I guess I merged the two.

Oh, and the chairman of the JCS in that one was an actor. John Jumper and Michael Ryan both had cameos, though only the latter had a speaking role.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

and I assumed it was just a joke but investigating it led me to this abomination.

It's apparently *really* popular in Pittsburgh, which makes sense. Pittsburgh's idea of cuisine is adding french fries to poo poo that shouldn't have french fries.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

wikipedia posted:

The pizza is known for its distinctive cold toppings which are added after the pizza is cooked. It was nicknamed "The Poor Man's Cheesecake" in the 1940s.[8]

what the gently caress

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

orange juche posted:

It's apparently *really* popular in Pittsburgh, which makes sense. Pittsburgh's idea of cuisine is adding french fries to poo poo that shouldn't have french fries.

"Monongahela" is actually an onomatopoeia based on the sounds a visitor makes when exposed to "Ohio River Valley Cold Cheese Pizza" for the first time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

"Monongahela" is actually an onomatopoeia based on the sounds a visitor makes when exposed to "Ohio River Valley Cold Cheese Pizza" for the first time

It looks like hammered poo poo. And yes my monitor is on.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

This pizza is a result of all the lead in the water in the Ohio River Valley.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

orange juche posted:

The region along the Ohio River is basically West Pittsburgh anyway.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think every GiP thread is ragging on Ohio pizza rn

or maybe just the two in my bookmarks

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Soul Dentist posted:

I think every GiP thread is ragging on Ohio pizza rn

or maybe just the two in my bookmarks

Those are the only two that get posts

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I would like one Sinner’s Slice please

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Amazing. Theres a style of pizza worse than what I had thought was the worst pizza imaginable - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altoona-style_pizza

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
If that's bothering you, don't look up Brazilian pizza.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxKAlbp6DU

Michigan however knows how to make a drat good pizza. Detroit-style pizza is easily one of the best I've ever had.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxKAlbp6DU

Michigan however knows how to make a drat good pizza. Detroit-style pizza is easily one of the best I've ever had.

I love Detroit style, and I miss access to Jet's desperately.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I love Detroit style, and I miss access to Jet's desperately.

Good news jets is pretty much nationwide at this point

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Y'all like pizza?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arrath posted:

I think I just blew a blood vessel, gently caress.

Some toadie: "hillary would have printed this out"

MOTHERFUCKER YOUR BOSS JUST HANDED OVER A COPY OF IT

Yeah that poo poo was bananas. Just while rustling around classified documents and showing them to people in the room "well Hillary would have printed these out".

You loving dipshit.

Direct link to the audio also https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1673487276708331521

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Very weird Supreme Court session lately, where a lot of remarkably good results have been reached, like this one:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1673696706293284864?t=NPYQUMvGh6lctnesjcvjmA&s=19

This was essentially the next pathway chuds were going to take now that most of the Electoral Count Act reforms closed out their 2020 route. And now it's completely closed off when the supreme court could've easily punted.

They're totally killing affirmative action later.

Edit for more info: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/independent-state-legislature-theory-explained

quote:

What is the independent state legislature theory?  

The independent state legislature theory is a reading of the Constitution, pushed in recent years by a small group of advocates, that would give state legislatures wide authority to gerrymander electoral maps and pass voter suppression laws. It has even been used as political cover to try to overturn elections.
-----
Proponents of the independent state legislature theory reject this traditional reading, insisting that these clauses give state legislatures exclusive and near-absolute power to regulate federal elections. The result? When it comes to federal elections, legislators would be free to violate the state constitution and state courts couldn’t stop them.

Extreme versions of the theory would block legislatures from delegating their authority to officials like governors, secretaries of state, or election commissioners, who currently play important roles in administering elections.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 27, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

They're totally killing affirmative action later.

What's going to be funny is Thomas writing for the majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That Works posted:

Yeah that poo poo was bananas. Just while rustling around classified documents and showing them to people in the room "well Hillary would have printed these out".

You loving dipshit.

Direct link to the audio also https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1673487276708331521

That boot licking staffer clearly passed her Trump training course.

"NUH-UH, DEMOCRATS HILLARY EMAILS!"