Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

protag of ff16 is named clive but not voiced by clive owens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There's one section of the game that's like that because you're trying to infiltrate a badguy empire posing as a slave and even in that area you get a sidequest where you feed a racist and his racist child to a hungry wolf

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

punished milkman posted:

a lot of them are boring but they did call one “caulk & bawl”

i don't believe you

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Saw a review that america in 1816's story is entirely about everyone being racist to the main character. Like, literally everyone you meet is a genocidal racist and the only culture is how much everyone loves being racist, and the main character just takes it the whole time and never sticks up for himself. c/d?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

what i mean is that it's normal when racism is normalized that its victims lack a voice or even a belief they have a voice

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Antonymous posted:

i don't believe you

did you know this is illegal to say in d&d

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i don't know anything about D&D because I haven't posted there since 2010

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i also haven't and likely will not play final fantasy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

There's one section of the game that's like that because you're trying to infiltrate a badguy empire posing as a slave and even in that area you get a sidequest where you feed a racist and his racist child to a hungry wolf

It's weird the reviewer talked about exactly that quest and said Clive doesn't really do anything but mildly scold them and then someone else feeds the racists to a wolf. Actually it's a Stephanie Sterling review so probably fine to just post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgjqXTvHaLk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Antonymous posted:

i also haven't and likely will not play final fantasy

it's a lot like 1816 America

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Look even if you don't get to do it yourself the racists get fed to a wolf so I count that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
kojima make a game about the childhood of Fatman

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

whats ur fav jrpg trope

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Augus posted:

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet

wow it has? oh my god!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

whats ur fav jrpg trope

turning into a bird at the end instead of dying

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Popy posted:

whats ur fav jrpg trope

Murdering god at the end of every game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Augus posted:

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet

drat. Too bad the skin happened before the allegations and dismissal of the criminal case.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Murdering god at the end of every game

not every game that would feel futile

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Popy posted:

whats ur fav jrpg trope

Stealing the best items in the game or equipment that's a tier or two ahead from enemies

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"oh good a steal skill now i have to steal at least twice from every enemy in the game!"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Railroaded linearity and being given an option to say no but never allowed to play the game if you pick it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

Railroaded linearity and being given an option to say no but never allowed to play the game if you pick it.

Come on, you don't mean that do you?

>Yes.
No.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yoko Taro should stop being a coward and do that.

Not the baby poo poo he keeps doing of "delete your save to keep playing the game"

but just ask "Say yes to keep playing or No." question, and if anyone picks no just delete their save and kill the game right in the middle of it.

You know, real poo poo that Steel Battalion pulled, none of this coward story telling crap.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I swear that Steal in the Final Fantasy Tactics game was a ploy to sell guides to the game so you didn't miss out on poo poo like Excalibur or whatever

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

kojima make a game about the childhood of Fatman

Sam, Jake N. Fatman here

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
playing the trepang2 demo on the steam deck and folks. trepang2 fuckin owns

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Why they make first-person shooters and third-person shooters but no second-person shooters? There should be a game where you're the one getting shot constantly.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Why they make first-person shooters and third-person shooters but no second-person shooters? There should be a game where you're the one getting shot constantly.

turn on any video game

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the milk machine posted:

its so loving good. I cant remember the last time a game wowed me with its sound design and guns

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Whirling posted:

I swear that Steal in the Final Fantasy Tactics game was a ploy to sell guides to the game so you didn't miss out on poo poo like Excalibur or whatever

No that was move find item and the bravery threshold

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Played Space Beast Terror Fright all night tonight with buds, it absolutely rules

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you don't know, move-find item is a worthless movement modifier skill where if you ever hooked it up maybe you'd sometimes run across a potion or a loving echo screen in the dirt, which is way worse than +2 move every turn so you'd never use it, but not only are most of the best items in the game move/find, they're the "rare" chance move/find, which I think is like a 80/20 split, unless your bravery was under a certain amount and then you could get it to like 99% rare, but yeah lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i junction No Enc and have a great time...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ff16 is a medieval ff8

i will not be elaborating further

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

triple sulk posted:

ff16 is a medieval ff8

i will not be elaborating further

the highest praise I've heard yet

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it is very poor writing to depict a society built on slavery to be full of relentless exploitation and abject cruelty

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the milk machine posted:

same, fun as hell. wish I had a proper pc because man that is hard to control. this is made by the fear people I’m guessing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i lol every time someone says non-white people don't exist in xvi world

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SirSamVimes posted:

i lol every time someone says non-white people don't exist in xvi world

yeah Clive is clearly Italian

Adbot