Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

also a great interviewer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

drat straight she is

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So far, I've have only pulled a 5* four times (I'm F2P), and two of those times have been Yanqing.

He's this game's Qiqi, isn't he

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

3 of my 5* have been bailu

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

So far, I've have only pulled a 5* four times (I'm F2P), and two of those times have been Yanqing.

He's this game's Qiqi, isn't he

Yanqing is a very good unit, especially in the current MoC, where single target is highly desired and there are a lot of ice-weak units so he doesn't have to contend with the 20% res. He's also very easy to get high crit rates and so can stack lots of crit damage instead.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

She's a Honkai expy, though honestly not that different from her Honkai form. Both of them are connected to the raksha Otto/Luocha as well. Sushang was the daughter of one of Fu Hua's students. This student ended up dying, and Sushang blamed Hua for it. They fought, and Hua won, Sushang has to be healed by Abyss Flower thanks to Otto, where she in kept in stasis for 500 years before Otto thaws her out though she fights for him less for revenge but more because she owes him. Sushang is regardless a very carefree character, and while she can read in Honkai Impact, she can only read classical Chinese and has no idea about anything modern, so same kind of vibes.

What's important is her ult looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahV_LDBQC8&t=34s

Also important:
While she was apparently in some comics, in-game "normal cute girl soldier" Susannah went from faceless NPC to prominent NPC to playable primarily on the basis of being very gay around Sushang.

Tbh I never liked Sushang much but Susannah rules. (Even if it is weird that she's a DPS and her new outfit sucks.) Haven't spent much time with Star Rail Sushang, but just being in on the ground floor instead of mostly being in the last arc and contributing nothing to it but "now the B-Team is a trio too" (and some good Susannah stuff) has me liking her better already.

Well. That and her phoenix. (Not a chicken :colbert:)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

berenzen posted:

Yanqing is a very good unit, especially in the current MoC, where single target is highly desired and there are a lot of ice-weak units so he doesn't have to contend with the 20% res. He's also very easy to get high crit rates and so can stack lots of crit damage instead.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't mind him as an unit.

I just pulled him on the Silver Wolf banner so I'm disappointed. Got my hopes up for a few seconds just to have them dashed.

GateOfD posted:

3 of my 5* have been bailu

ugh.

Bailu is only one of my 5*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Captain France posted:

Also important:
While she was apparently in some comics, in-game "normal cute girl soldier" Susannah went from faceless NPC to prominent NPC to playable primarily on the basis of being very gay around Sushang.

Tbh I never liked Sushang much but Susannah rules. (Even if it is weird that she's a DPS and her new outfit sucks.) Haven't spent much time with Star Rail Sushang, but just being in on the ground floor instead of mostly being in the last arc and contributing nothing to it but "now the B-Team is a trio too" (and some good Susannah stuff) has me liking her better already.

Well. That and her phoenix. (Not a chicken :colbert:)

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm glad we got the version we have in Star Rail, dumb chicken included.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Pulled Gep and Yanqing back to back and now I need to level two more characters from 1-70 just before a banner I've been saving for that will (hopefully) require me to level two characters 1-70. Also need to start the 70-80 grind on like a dozen characters in a week or so. I guess I have eternity to do this but drat the timing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah the 70-80 grind is making me pretty content not to be pulling on the next two banners just because I feel like I already have enough on my hands as it is.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i believe shortly after this double SU rewards is done, double mats time is up.

double traces here i go, need so much hunt and abundence pieces

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GateOfD posted:

i believe shortly after this double SU rewards is done, double mats time is up.

double traces here i go, need so much hunt and abundence pieces

July 10th to July 17th yeah.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDJzsFTPV4

Sushang is also the main character of a Honkai Impact 3rd web novel thats pretty neat if your into martial arts stuff and it also establishs the connection between her and Otto at least for that continuity.

Ottos actually supposed to be a pretty physically weak character too whos main claim to power is that he has access to the void archives (Think unlimited blade works from the Fate franchise) that allows him to temporarily ecreate any weapon basically, so he can just pull things like the ultimate weapon Judgment of Shamash out of thing air in a jam. Luocha actually seems to have more of a level of straight up fighting ability though.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 27, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

looks like they're adding Relic xp (gold fragments) and higher level Trace leveling materials to the ember shop (the warp residue shop)

neat!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh thank god

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Genshin Impact had that weird spyware thing with it's anticheat a while back. Does this game do the same or is that all just internet fud now?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lysandus posted:

Genshin Impact had that weird spyware thing with it's anticheat a while back. Does this game do the same or is that all just internet fud now?
Star Rail doesn't have active multiplayer/co-op so I don't think it's as needed

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Collapsing into a heap as I realize that the luocha banner is tomorrow and not today lol (a sad lol. the saddest lol). Feels like this first half has lasted a month or more

The little stelle animation from the new web event is very cute tho :kimchi:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Idk where they are pricing the trace mats in the ember store, but I foresee a lot of people with fully traced characters being unable to afford all the monthly shop passes in the future

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
why would you buy the trace mats first and the passes second

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Genshin has high-tier materials in their dust shop (the less-rare pull-based currency) and it's fine. You end up grabbing the 2 or 3 materials you need the most of in a given shop reset, making sure to leave enough currency for the freepulls.

It may be a minor issue in Star Rail for the first few resets because everyone is trying to level and trace their entire roster, especially if they aren't dropping lots of pulls on every new banner to be rolling in thousands of the less-rare currency.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Leraika posted:

why would you buy the trace mats first and the passes second

You wouldn't, but someone expecting ember to continue coming in at the same pace forever might underestimate how much they need to save to be able to afford the passes in coming months

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't like thinking about theoretical people when as a gamer i should be thinking about "level ups" and "get good"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

there's already tons of stuff in the Ember shop I don't buy every month; I'm just glad they're adding options for if and when I need them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight the urge to Luocha, lightning stoned mommy awaits

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm gonna pull for the smarmy man and you can't stop me.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i already have two 5* DPS, i don't have 2 healers!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm getting not-Otto and Kafka

it's Blade I must sacrifice on the altar of Future Characters Look Too drat Good

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Unless we get a LOT of extra events and stuff in 1.2 I'm probably gonna skip both banners.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thank goodness kafka's banner is not during pride month because then it would have been homophobic to not roll for her

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Both Luocha and Blade look like lameo dorks so saving is easy for me.

Best of luck to those who're pulling though!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pulling for Luocha because I lack both a second healer and an imaginary damage dealer and he's both

and then Blade because I need both a viable destruction character and a wind damage dealer, and maybe Kafka if I have stone left

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Pulling for Luocha because I lack both a second healer and an imaginary damage dealer and he's both

and then Blade because I need both a viable destruction character and a wind damage dealer, and maybe Kafka if I have stone left

You have Dan

YOU ALL HAVE DAN

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

You have Dan

YOU ALL HAVE DAN
sorry, dan's too vanilla and lame for me to justify leveling him to 80

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Dan's cool. He's got space skate shoes and a spear and, even more importantly, does a ton of damage.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Both Luocha and Blade look like lameo dorks so saving is easy for me.

Best of luck to those who're pulling though!

This.

And it's not just something I'm telling myself because I blew all my jade getting Silverwolf to E2. No siree.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm in the "need a second healer" boat, so I am pulling for the coffin dude and then holding for a 4th quantum character.

What I do in the meantime depends on when we get that 4th character and how much I have saved since then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

In my experience a geared Gepard is good enough to cover his side of MoC.

I guess if you don't have him either, I can see wanting Luocha more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I should actually level my Dan past 40 maybe lmao I've gotten like 3 Eidolons for him and March so :shrug'