Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

In case anyone cares, I remember thinking it was odd that Lightcast Island didn't have a shrine on it, and I was right, it was odd.

This means the only shrines I cheated on where the 'keys of water' one and the one where you had to match orbs to the circles on the ceiling. Which I falsely assumed would have the answer in another shrine because I think one like that existed in BotW? anyway gently caress both of those

I'm pretty sure I was also stuck on the Keys of Water one until noticing there was ice fruit or something nearby and I went "wait do they mean ohhhhhgoddammit" about 2 minutes before I was going to look it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I really liked that puzzle. I got there at the end of a long day and just stood around for a while, completely baffled as to what it wanted me to do, then I put the game away for the night. Started back up the next day, instantly noticed the campfire beside the three square holes of decreasing size, and immediately had it solved. The takeaway, please don't puzzle while tired.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yo, I feel like, when battling a gleelok, the autofocus, after rapid application of eyeball homing technology, automatically targets whatever head is about to fire a projectile.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That’s very considerate of that eyeball

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forgot to ask in my first run, but has there been anything in the past tying gibdos to anything insect-related at all? It felt weird to me, very random.

The other weird part is that I was thinking they were updates to redeads all along, I only just remembered that gibdos were the mummy enemies. That makes them feel one step even further removed from past iterations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

their bug nature is new I think. they're bandaged undead in all other appearances

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

the moth gibdo stuff is just mothula mashed together with gibdos, which works because mothula was the boss from skull woods in alttp and there were all kinds of stal/gibdo enemies there. the totk design is a bit like the twilight princess gibdo/redead knights which owned

I still want a regular stalfos fight though, gimme a big skeleton man with a big sword to fight

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

loving annoying I just got the quest to take pictures of the zonai tablets after finding at least four of them and not being able to do anything with them.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if you thought to take a picture of them before you get the quest it credits you retroactively

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ritos must be jacked

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7248858278820678954

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I really liked that puzzle. I got there at the end of a long day and just stood around for a while, completely baffled as to what it wanted me to do, then I put the game away for the night. Started back up the next day, instantly noticed the campfire beside the three square holes of decreasing size, and immediately had it solved. The takeaway, please don't puzzle while tired.

Lol that’s how I did that too, wild that even the “pre-shrine” poo poo like this has multiple solutions

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
How prevelant is the info that you can double upgrade the battery? I tried upgrading it on a whim when I had >100 shards after getting all 8 batteries finished, and it turns out they go blue and are a second charge. Not seen any mention of that while googling, but I can confirm you need 4500 to max out and that gets you 16 batteries / 48 segments worth of charge

Edit: when you've maxed out, you can instead buy zonai devices off the guy for 3 charges each, or a big battery for 30

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 27, 2023

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want this as DLC roaming enemies and I am not kidding.

https://twitter.com/KetArtDragon/status/1662084495598669824

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

:stare:

yes please

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Because the only thing they were lacking was a ranged attack for when you climbed out of their reach

Might as well go full sicko mode and have it spawn one of the Blight Ganons when you kill one

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Asterite34 posted:

Because the only thing they were lacking was a ranged attack for when you climbed out of their reach

Might as well go full sicko mode and have it spawn one of the Blight Ganons when you kill one

Hell yes give me a way to farm Demon King weapons!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

This game rules.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

Imagine walking around in the Depths with the Master Sword on your back, when you hear footsteps in the distance. You don't see any enemies, anywhere, just gloom. Then you see a shadow move in front of the gloom, so you think it's just a Frox. Then the shadow gets close enough that you realize the dark shape is moving on top of the gloom, like a bunch of spindly legs on the ground. The Master Sword makes the "vooom" noise and lights up, causing the dark shape to light up a bright red/blue, a backwards Guardian piano run starts along with a deeper/distorted Gloom Hands shriek, and a laser starts beeping while the Gloom Hands begin rapidly spider-crawling toward you to grapple you in place. :allears: a dead Guardian shell with gloom hands instead of the spindly robot legs, and the dawning realization that that's where they all went

bawk fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 27, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NumptyScrub posted:

How prevelant is the info that you can double upgrade the battery? I tried upgrading it on a whim when I had >100 shards after getting all 8 batteries finished, and it turns out they go blue and are a second charge. Not seen any mention of that while googling, but I can confirm you need 4500 to max out and that gets you 16 batteries / 48 segments worth of charge

Edit: when you've maxed out, you can instead buy zonai devices off the guy for 3 charges each, or a big battery for 30

I saw it mentioned in passing here, but I don't remember seeing anything about it in game. I don't know if I would've noticed on my own, I wound down my first playthrough with 1/3 of a battery in the second row so I wouldn't have had very long to think about trying it if I hadn't known already.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

:yeshaha:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Harriet Carker posted:

loving annoying I just got the quest to take pictures of the zonai tablets after finding at least four of them and not being able to do anything with them.

Probably my least favorite quest. Just so tedious.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I actually liked that one, mostly just a relaxing time figuring out how to get places in the sky when I felt like taking a break. There were few enough of them that it didn't outstay its welcome for me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Goddess Eyes was most tedious for me but at least the reward was good. Gerudo orbs felt like they should have been tedious but I enjoyed most of them

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Harriet Carker posted:

I took a pic of all the ones I found because I had a feeling so I had a grip to turn in when I actually started the quest

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Somehow I did it and actually found every Bubbelfrog. I think that makes me officially free of this game for awhile, because there's no way I'm going to find every Korok.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

MokBa posted:

Somehow I did it and actually found every Bubbelfrog. I think that makes me officially free of this game for awhile, because there's no way I'm going to find every Korok.

Congrats! besides the satisfaction of a good job, you can now also visit mount satori and beat the absolute piss out of three blupees at once for some pocket change

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Koroks are the one and only reason I will never 100% this game nor BotW

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I could've saved myself two or three hours of frustration if I'd known the Construct Depot was actually going to be used for the main quest line :ughh:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7249177658200804650

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

I could've saved myself two or three hours of frustration if I'd known the Construct Depot was actually going to be used for the main quest line :ughh:

Lol I got to that one early too, but it seemed pretty obvious from the very important-looking thing out front that I couldn’t interact with that this was something that I’d be coming back to at some point but couldn’t do anything with at the moment

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I saw it mentioned in passing here, but I don't remember seeing anything about it in game. I don't know if I would've noticed on my own, I wound down my first playthrough with 1/3 of a battery in the second row so I wouldn't have had very long to think about trying it if I hadn't known already.

I’m finding the depths pretty dull and tedious so I have like 3 batteries done. Don’t think I ever would have learned this without internet help.

It’s self fulfilling though. I don’t super enjoy the Zelda Minecraft angle (although I love seeing the videos the sickos who do enjoy it post) so I don’t do the stuff that makes it easier. If I had 5 more batteries I’d probably like driving around the depths in search of zonanite a lot more. But driving around sucks rear end when your battery only lasts 10 seconds so I don’t do it…

Persistence pays off big in this game though so I should probably suck it up and grind out a couple more dumb batteries so simple vehicles are fun instead of pissing me off

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Docjowles posted:

Persistence pays off big in this game though so I should probably suck it up and grind out a couple more dumb batteries so simple vehicles are fun instead of pissing me off

Yeah, both yiga camps and mines tend to be easily spottable on maps and have nice chunks of battery components for not much effort.

(Cannon on a zonai stick is the best mining tool I've found as well.)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

In the lightning temple and Riju's effort grunts and wheezing are really queasing me out. She sounds like the most she moves from her parents' cellar is to the fridge and back.

Buliara should've run her round the town a couple of times before breakfast every day for a bit of cardio.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1673341238513131523?t=WPOYobYGKDAPaP3bLVZyIQ&s=19

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I've managed to avoid Gloom so far by running round it in the depths, and running away from it when it appears on the surface.

However I'm now in a fight with a load of gloomy lads in the castle and there's gloom all over the floor. How do you counteract this?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

This stuff delights and baffles me. I would never think of doing this, let alone some of the other mad structures I've seen.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Gambrinus posted:

I've managed to avoid Gloom so far by running round it in the depths, and running away from it when it appears on the surface.

However I'm now in a fight with a load of gloomy lads in the castle and there's gloom all over the floor. How do you counteract this?

You can make Gloom clearing foods, gloom resistance food, there is gloom resistant armor in the game to be found, or you just use a longer stick.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Gambrinus posted:

If you hit them then the gloom retreats I believe.

Make sure you have sundelion/meat dishes as well.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

If you're near a wall, climb up it, jump off, and use bullet arrow time to shoot your status affecting item of choice. Getting above enemies is pretty useful just about every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gambrinus posted:

Use better positioning and not stand in the goop.