Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
He’s too busy producing the Porky’s re-make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out what Stern's Rock 'n Roll High School and Porky's remakes would have been like.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

ultraviolence123 posted:

I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out what Stern's Rock 'n Roll High School and Porky's remakes would have been like.

Like the originals, except with High Pitch Eric and Dracula Gottfried.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everybody Hates Chris did Howard's whole high school years concept a lot better than Howard ever could have done it IMO. For how much Howard loves to claim people rip him off, I'm surprised he never went after Chris about that...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

kylej posted:

Everybody Hates Chris did Howard's whole high school years concept a lot better than Howard ever could have done it IMO. For how much Howard loves to claim people rip him off, I'm surprised he never went after Chris about that...

Oh he did at one point I believe. Although I don't think you can credit Howard with inventing the concept of "Hey what about a show about me as a kid!"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Kelly Clarkson is on a media tour right now and I can't see her name without hearing it high pitched and phlegmy.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
CBC has coming-of-age sitcom where the Dad is a radio announcer. All while watching it I was thinking of how the plot would go if it was Ben and Howard

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15310816/

Lifespan posted:

Kelly Clarkson is on a media tour right now and I can't see her name without hearing it high pitched and phlegmy.

twat cream

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ultraviolence123 posted:

Remember the Homocop remake? Auughoooga

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

They did at least one Homo Room on Sirius, right? Was it ETM?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

twat cream

Twlwaght clreaghm.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know they remade "Backside Boys". Oofah.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Bonzo posted:

They did at least one Homo Room on Sirius, right? Was it ETM?

Yeah it was Eric and once he went in there, the homophobia kicked in and he hung up.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kylej posted:

I know they remade "Backside Boys". Oofah.

Tell me why.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Scores Man got a tattoo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gx4vROSUY

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Burden posted:

Yeah it was Eric and once he went in there, the homophobia kicked in and he hung up.

I think that was when they had Shatner in studio

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Yep. in 96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq1Mqs_kIJg

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Do you guys think Howard really dropped out of the governor's race back in the 90s because he didn't want to reveal his taxes or because he knew there's no way in hell he'd actually win?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Part of it was money and part of it was pressure from other candidates that he was going to seriously mess with the election results.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
To me, it's probably because he's a wealthy narcissist. Getting into politics is good for some extra promotion in the news. In some cases it can also be used to present an image of legitimacy to the rest of your affairs. Howard fits the bill on those two things perfectly imo.

Edit: drat, I didn't understand your question at all, disregard what I just said.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Odddzy posted:

To me, it's probably because he's a wealthy narcissist. Getting into politics is good for some extra promotion in the news. In some cases it can also be used to present an image of legitimacy to the rest of your affairs. Howard fits the bill on those two things perfectly imo.

Edit: drat, I didn't understand your question at all, disregard what I just said.

lol no worries, your post is still accurate.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Part of it was money and part of it was pressure from other candidates that he was going to seriously mess with the election results.

vote for Sanjaya

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God, what's he up to the days. One of my favorite single moments of any Stern show ever was when ETM was on the line being 100% mad about Sanjaya and Howard asked him

"Eric, just imagine you had Sanjaya Completely naked and tied up all by himself in your bedroom...what would you do?"

(a long awkward pause) ".....NOTHING!!! I'm not loving GAY!!!!!!"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

God, what's he up to the days. One of my favorite single moments of any Stern show ever was when ETM was on the line being 100% mad about Sanjaya and Howard asked him

"Eric, just imagine you had Sanjaya Completely naked and tied up all by himself in your bedroom...what would you do?"

(a long awkward pause) ".....NOTHING!!! I'm not loving GAY!!!!!!"

Lol good stuff

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
alright well we'll see ya buddy, thanks for calling

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The "twist" when ETM said he was joining the Sanjaya train only to shortly later reveal HE FOOLED THEM! It was such a perfect ETM moment where he thought he accomplished something and didn't realize that his involvement was inconsequential, just a running gag where they were bugging him.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hey Eric, why don't you join me in the Manly Room. Here, have a cold beer....matter of fact let's put on some baseball. Oh no Eric, that's not baseball! That's two guys loving! I think we're actually in the Homo Room, Eric

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Lifespan posted:

The "twist" when ETM said he was joining the Sanjaya train only to shortly later reveal HE FOOLED THEM! It was such a perfect ETM moment where he thought he accomplished something and didn't realize that his involvement was inconsequential, just a running gag where they were bugging him.

God I loved ETM so god drat much :v:

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I love your pussy. C'mon, show me that little clit.

e. vvv I haven't yet, and I've posted that many a time.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 28, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
WET

CU-- uh, will we get probated for quoting that weirdo?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You cannot be probated for anything in this thread

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sal definitely acted like a stalker towards Howard, but I was always way more creeped out by Dominic. Something about how a supposedly busy attorney could spend so much time calling into a radio show and how he'd call up and throw money at people just as a way to be part of things really skeeved me out.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Sal definitely acted like a stalker towards Howard, but I was always way more creeped out by Dominic. Something about how a supposedly busy attorney could spend so much time calling into a radio show and how he'd call up and throw money at people just as a way to be part of things really skeeved me out.

He's the most egregious example of a starfucker in the show's history, and that's saying something. And, like many involved with the show, he subscribed to the notion that "any attention is good attention". He is (or was, more accurately) MFB but with a lot of money to throw around.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

He's the most egregious example of a starfucker in the show's history, and that's saying something. And, like many involved with the show, he subscribed to the notion that "any attention is good attention". He is (or was, more accurately) MFB but with a lot of money to throw around.

He really seemed like the worst attorney too, no way in hell would I have hired him for anything.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Mayday, MAYDAY!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'M ON FIYA!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Didn't he get a good payout from representing Jessica Hahn?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I always loved when he would be on the E! show and the chyron under him said “Dominic Barbara Bloated Attorney”

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Whaaaaaaa I buy steak for two for one!!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Whaaaaaaa I buy steak for two for one!!

FOR ME! DOMINIC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Haven't listened to Howard in a while, wonder what the show is up to: