Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Milo and POTUS posted:

It just struck me how weird it was they got tommy lee jones for that role

Warner Bros. not getting Billy Dee Williams to reprise his role as Harvey from the 1989 Batman was truly the biggest crime the studio did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They renamed Moscow Mules to Original Mules at the liquor store where I am

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What about White Russians

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

zoux posted:

Byelorussians but that might not help

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

I make vegan WRs and I’ve seen them called dudettes, which I can abide by

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
*Nods* I know what I am drinking tonight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is a vegan White Russian just vodka

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sometimes it seems like we just all forgot about the mid 90s McGrath Shoes aesthetic on the right side there

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Man have we already forgotten Freedom Fries? You don't have to change the name of something because you've got beef with a country

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

Man have we already forgotten Freedom Fries? You don't have to change the name of something because you've got beef with a country

I think its because certain Americans are kind of afraid of other Americans looking too closely at France and their Unions.

Azhais posted:

Is a vegan White Russian just vodka

I use oat milk sometimes because voddy plus chocolate oat milk is kinda like Baileys, and a "white russian" is a coffee liqueur, vodka and milk.

staberind has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Jun 27, 2023

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

zoux posted:

Caucasians?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You had to squeeze it hard to get a good reading

Kids today also don't ever lick 9V batteries either, which is probably why they have all these problems

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ah gently caress i can feel it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can see the meter slowly creeping up.

If you touched the meter part to something sensitive like your lips you could feel it was hot, meaning it was just a big resistor

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Love to check my battery levels constantly, so I can kiss them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just Lady and the Tramp-ing a AAA battery with my wife

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Using the built in tester probably used a bunch of power meaning you’d have to replace your batteries sooner :capitalism:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

deep cut (in my fingertips, every goddamn time)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
how the hell did those work anyway? liquid crystals? electrophoresis?

e: 5 seconds of googling says it is a thermochromic ink that changes color if the battery current heats it up enough. :ms:

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Jun 27, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Make Americans realize how hosed up the name is by renaming them "school shooters"

lol please

Urban Dictionary posted:

A drink consisting of black rifle coffee with a drop-in shot mix of Colt 45 and bullet whiskey chased with a PBR.

I got so wasted last night on Irish car bombs and American school shooters, I barely made it to my midterm.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

If you press it hard enough it will gain energy. that's just science

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

zoux posted:

You had to squeeze it hard to get a good reading

Kids today also don't ever lick 9V batteries either, which is probably why they have all these problems

People who don't lick 9v batteries are loving weird. It's such an easy and fun way to check your batteries

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Even easier when you have braces! Invisalign™ kids don't know

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was so long ago and i was so young that i have completely forgotten the sensation. but....

mystes
May 31, 2006

I did it once and I just remember it being gross

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Licking a 9V battery is basically just DIY electro therapy and that’s why we’re all functional adults now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUMXSNOJ9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN6b_1fELGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTIx6iUkIn8

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Data Graham posted:

Even easier when you have braces! Invisalign™ kids don't know

Once saw a kid in high school lick a 9v battery. In the process, he touched it to his braces. Worth noting that there was a spring on the braces near where he touched them. I think that they acted like a coil in an electrical circuit.

There was a spark and an audible *cack* sound. It didn't knock him out, but it did stun him hard enough that he did fail over.

I nearly pissed my self laughing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/EverythingOOC/status/1673288350101323776?t=iPSwB8QrNRuhzYTuI2Nfog&s=19

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Has anyone used C or D cells lately? My kid had an old toy from 1997 that went dead and it needed a C cell and we didn't have any in the house and I realized I haven't used a C or D cell in years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Has anyone used C or D cells lately? My kid had an old toy from 1997 that went dead and it needed a C cell and we didn't have any in the house and I realized I haven't used a C or D cell in years.

My cheap-rear end LED digital clock runs on 2 D-Cell batteries. Had to go to Home Depot to grab some.\

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Does anyone actually use that functionality? Why the gently caress does it exist?

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Yeah several of my kids toys use them, and some of the stuff in our emergency kit (torch, radio, this water purifier thing).

Memes:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I’ve got an LED mag light that takes D cells. But it’s an LED the first set of batteries latest eight years.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

bike tory posted:

Does anyone actually use that functionality? Why the gently caress does it exist?

Yeah, and why are there these little ramps everywhere? Like, just step up on the curb bro

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, and why are there these little ramps everywhere? Like, just step up on the curb bro

Stickey keys as a feature is fine, it's just an odd shortcut that you can easily hit unintentionally so once per profile you get an unexpected tone/popup and have to go change a setting. It would be nice if it was something that required a more deliberate keypress.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

*laughs legglessly*

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’ve got an LED mag light that takes D cells. But it’s an LED the first set of batteries latest eight years.

Flashlights were the first thing I thought of but we've got one or two little ones that use AA. The toy that needed it was one of those wiggling vibrating magnetic fishing pole things I got him at the thrift shop and none of his other toys need anything larger than an AA.

Some memes for the battery thread that I have stolen over the years - some from incarnations of this very thread!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/wildtiktokss/status/1673664731247263745

They're not saying 9/11 bc, they're saying because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Imagine, people meming about 9/11.

Imagine if there were such a place.