Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i dont know why but i am charmed by that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i dont know why but i am charmed by that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

This will forever be one of my favorite stupid/awesome music poo poo videos, but mostly because Chap and Lee can barely keep it together.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My new stupid music poo poo: ordering something from Sweetwater, forgetting that they will immediately start calling and texting and won’t ever stop until you ask them.

They’re so nice I feel bad telling them to stop but it’s annoying as hell.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Snowy posted:

My new stupid music poo poo: ordering something from Sweetwater, forgetting that they will immediately start calling and texting and won’t ever stop until you ask them.

They’re so nice I feel bad telling them to stop but it’s annoying as hell.

I joke about this a lot at work. They really are nice and I feel similarly bad about being annoyed by them, but if you so much as look at their website they're gonna call you for months.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should keep a “do not call” list, I hate having to be mean every time I want some random little piece of gear

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Snowy posted:

They should keep a “do not call” list, I hate having to be mean every time I want some random little piece of gear

At least don’t make a call for purchases under 50 dollars. I got a call the other week because is ordered some schaller straplocks so my uncle doesn’t drop his 1500 Jackson. They’re working out fine, don’t call me. Now musiciansfriend calls you too. Someone should write a song about unwanted calls from music stores.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGLEoFe2K44

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I bought an AC adapter for an old pedal from Sweetwater and got regular calls from them for 8 years.

That's not exaggerated for a joke, either. 8 years.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/70sscifi/status/1673405844153593868

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
6 Hours probation for off-topic.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Krustic posted:

At least don’t make a call for purchases under 50 dollars. I got a call the other week because is ordered some schaller straplocks so my uncle doesn’t drop his 1500 Jackson. They’re working out fine, don’t call me. Now musiciansfriend calls you too. Someone should write a song about unwanted calls from music stores.

My coworker and I were talking about music poo poo and the "gear advisor" calls started back up. :tinfoil: So I made this little thing,

https://totallymawesome.bandcamp.com/track/gear-advisor

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sporklift posted:

My coworker and I were talking about music poo poo and the "gear advisor" calls started back up. :tinfoil: So I made this little thing,

Very nice! I could use some bzz and brrrrrrt too

Also I saw this while looking up annoying sweetwater calls

My favorite part about it is the guys I’ve met who think they have some special connection there.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I've barely had any calls from them :shrug: but that might be because i just ignore the call if i see fort wayne indiana on the ID and they gave up

listen i will give money for things when my sad brain makes me think i want a thing

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Shugojin posted:

I've barely had any calls from them :shrug: but that might be because i just ignore the call if i see fort wayne indiana on the ID and they gave up

listen i will give money for things when my sad brain makes me think i want a thing

honestly same, i get a ft wayne call once a year i ignore

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Love that even Snow White makes a dumb face while playing.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

sporklift posted:

Finally, someone pushes back. I got a call from Chris at Musiciansfriend and he wanted to tell me about all the deals going on for the 4th of July sale. Joke’s on you Chris, I’m broke.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Shugojin posted:

Lol I thought those were robocalls until just now. I was confused about people saying they get calls from them until this instant.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's wild that you don't have to consent to that kind of marketing and also that you can't just tell them to not call you. But I guess living in Denmark just makes me hate freedom.
Can you not just give them a fake number?

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Log in, go to the contact page for your personal salesperson and just type in, "please don't call me ever again" and they won't. They will also get right back to you if you email them a question.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.fender.com/en-AU/lifestyle/gifts-collectibles/fender-alder-mahogany-wood-cheeseboard/9170000080.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I kinda want that cheese board

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804721055626.html

I love his socks :3:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

that's a cute idea but i bet the markup is like 500%

mayones does a thing where they make mini-basses with their scrap wood and they're pretty cute:

https://mayones.com/basses/cali4/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

muike posted:

mayones does a thing where they make mini-basses with their scrap wood and they're pretty cute:

https://mayones.com/basses/cali4/

Holy gently caress these are dope.

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Oh poo poo! Those are going for a hair under 2k on reverb… like, it’s dumb as hell but very cute, and I’ve always wanted a Mayones…

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
is it pronounced like mayonnaise

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mister Speaker posted:

is it pronounced like mayonnaise

No, it's pronounced mayonnaise.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Unrelated but extremely stupid music poo poo: a few years ago Jimmy Page got paparazzi'd taking a date to a Nando's in London.

Does anyone know which specific Nando's it was?

I want to make a pilgrimage while I'm there.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unrelated but extremely stupid music poo poo: a few years ago Jimmy Page got paparazzi'd taking a date to a Nando's in London.

Does anyone know which specific Nando's it was?

I want to make a pilgrimage while I'm there.

Kensington High Street location in West London. He lives a few blocks from there.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Kensington High Street location in West London. He lives a few blocks from there.

Goddamn I love these forums, thank you!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what haven't I done lately? hosed around on craigslist

let's see what stupid poo poo I find today

a guitar signed by the rolling stones for $13k or $15k depending on if you read the headline or the ad text (and where all the photos are pictures of photos on a computer monitor, complete with mouse cursor)

the longhorn piano that some guy has been trying to unload for literally years and I posted in the last thread, now for $1250 instead of (checking) $1995

and introducing SHiNOBi NiNJA

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

hexwren posted:

the longhorn piano that some guy has been trying to unload for literally years and I posted in the last thread, now for $1250 instead of (checking) $1995

I still see this stupid thing coming up on marketplace, it went on over a year ago at 13 thousand dollars and a whole lot of "I know what I got, price is firm"... yes it looks cool, but sounds like a Casio (probably worse) and is incredibly heavy I'm sure.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that does admittedly look really cool

but, yeah, I posted this image of the almost word-for-word identical CL posting in the original stupid music poo poo thread in 2017. this piano clearly has still not sold, even for the $745 discount (plenty of other wild poo poo if you click through to the post)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

hexwren posted:

but, yeah, I posted this image of the almost word-for-word identical CL posting in the original stupid music poo poo thread in 2017. this piano clearly has still not sold, even for the $745 discount (plenty of other wild poo poo if you click through to the post)

Buy a Kawai and some steer horns.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

hexwren posted:

oh man, an actual historical piece that they "restored" by completely loving it up, good work dudes

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

oh man, an actual historical piece that they "restored" by completely loving it up, good work dudes

Speaking of old USA-made pianos, my childhood piano was a Gulbransen pianola made in Chicago, a semitone flat, ivory (probably real) chipping off the keys but still I spent half my life on that thing. They eventually got bought out by Samick, seems appropriate

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hi my name is Thos. Goggan

and these are my bros

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
A little while ago I had posted about issues I was having with getting a guitar shipped from a smaller luthier, thanks to the posters here I was able to get it all sorted out. The stupid music poo poo that happened after is that I didn't really bond with the guitar that much and I think it was mostly due to me not really getting the sounds I wanted out of the P90 pickups, so I ended up just putting the guitar aside and going back to my PRS Vela. The even more stupid music poo poo is that today I thought "maybe I should go back to those P90s and try adjusting the pickup heights and/or pole piece heights to see if that helps" and yeah, it absolutely did, really liking what I'm hearing. I think I still need to do some more fine tuning on those heights as well as dialing in the amp to better suit it but overall I'm much happier with it now then I was before.

I promised to post a picture of the guitar, so here is one that I just took, sorry that it's not a particularly good photo.

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 17, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Really digging that color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

I did it. I went to the Jimmy Page Nando's.
It's almost impossible to sit in the window / be seen from outside.
Pretty sure he tipped off the paparazzi himself.