Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Presto posted:

Nah. Coke Zero tastes mostly like Coke. Diet Coke tastes like a space alien is doing experiments to see what the hyoo-mons will drink.

I always imagined Slug-o-Cola tasted like Diet Coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
They both taste like chewing aspirin. I take that back, aspirin has a nice sour flavor in addition to butter death.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I like Coke Zero more than regular sugar'd coke.

Diet Coke is garbage.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diet Coke is like mana from heaven

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Diet Coke is a soda that exists.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

kiimo posted:

Assuming an Old Testament God who wants us to suffer, sure

I actually like Diet Coke but I'm too smug about my comeback to resist

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kiimo posted:

Did you have a diet coke button installed at your desk when you got back to Mar-A-Lago?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Diet Coke taste good from bottle and bad from can, zero is the reverse. This has been my Ted Talk.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just drink regular soda in modest quantities!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Diet Dr Pepper is the only diet soda that actually tastes like the original

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Diet Coke is like RC Cola with a refreshing hint of earwax.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

I like Coke Zero more than regular sugar'd coke.

Diet Coke is garbage.

This is correct.

edit: and Diet Pepsi is like liquid dirt.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 27, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
We don’t even have Diet Pepsi here, only Pepsi Max which is a crime against humanity.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Restaurants having Diet Pepsi and then giving me that when I order a Diet Coke should be brought up on war crimes

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Skippy McPants posted:

Just drink regular soda in modest quantities!

Ex-loving-scuse me???

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'd like to see Sparkling Ice on tap. They have a zillion flavors and are pretty good in my opinion.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I don't think you can have sparkling ice, as the freezing process will push the carbonation out of solution.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The Bananana posted:

I don't think you can have sparkling ice, as the freezing process will push the carbonation out of solution.

Flash freeze pop rocks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd 100% rather have one regular soda a day have a healthy diet around that, and drink water the rest of the time than hoover down diet poo poo tasting soda all day long.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Zotix posted:

I'd 100% rather have one regular soda a day have a healthy diet around that, and drink water the rest of the time than hoover down diet poo poo tasting soda all day long.

Well, not all of us are uncultured animals like that, thank goodness.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Flash freeze pop rocks.

Eat dry ice

(Don't eat dry ice)

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I didn't care for diet soda back when I drank soda. They didn't have the zero sugar stuff yet.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zotix posted:

Why are those the only options lol

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Nitrousoxide posted:

You have a right to an attorney to defend you in a criminal case. If you make a reasonable effort to obtain legal representation, but everyone tells you to gently caress off the state is required to appoint a public defender for you.

And if they don’t step in and appoint one then here’s one trick prosecutors don’t want you to know! Just go through the motions of finding representation but back out at the last minute for any or no reason. Shrug at the judge and say you’re trying super hard and show them your CALENDARS full of appointments to show you’re trying and just need more time. Keep doing this until the SoL runs out and you’re free!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why are those the only options lol

I'm amazed by people who drink soda every day. I have one a month max.

I treat my sugar addiction with beer instead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diet Coke is an acquired taste either you got there or you didn't.

There's no getting there with Diet Pepsi

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/27/walt-nauta-trump-valet-arraignment-classified-documents

Nuanta lawyer wanted more money. :laugh: If he's anything like T, he'll never pay anyway.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Great. A loving soda derail.

Independence posted:

They had t-shirts made, it wasn't a big stretch that people were going to D.C. for violence.

I was gonna say, this is complete bullshit (not your post).

FB and Reddit were jam packed with threats and organizing for Jan 6th WELL in advance of the event. Like MONTHS. People here were posting poo poo they'd found on social media and quoting poo poo directly, sometimes with photos, names and specific locations of the people making threats and goons were talking about it a lot.

The idea that the FBI and the cops were powerless to monitor this poo poo is a joke. The CHUDS and nazis did most of it right out there in the open and made ZERO attempt to hide their intent. Unless reading FB and Reddit posts are some real heavy undercover poo poo, 90% of it was right out there in the open.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 28, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
They didn’t do anything because white people can’t be terrorists (unless they’re antifa)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Oh, man I need a transcript of this

Exclusive: Rudy Giuliani interviewed in special counsel’s 2020 election interference probe

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/27/politics/rudy-giuliani-special-counsel-meeting/index.html

quote:

Former Donald Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani has been interviewed by federal investigators as part of the special counsel’s investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, multiple sources familiar with the meeting told CNN.

The meeting between Giuliani, his attorney Robert Costello, and investigators took place in recent weeks. The sources declined to say what investigators’ questions focused on during the meeting, which has not been previously reported.

The interview with Giuliani comes amid a flurry of activity in the probe, which is examining a plan from Trump and his allies to put forth fake electors as well as potential financial crimes related to post-election fundraising. Investigators have called a steady stream of witnesses before a federal grand jury in recent weeks and have pressed attorneys to quickly bring in other witnesses for interviews, sources told CNN.

Sources say that some of the grand jury questioning has centered on the actions of top lawyers around Trump, including Giuliani, with investigators seeking information about their baseless claims of widespread voter fraud.

An attorney for Giuliani declined to comment. A spokesman for the special counsel’s office also declined to comment.

I'd almost forgotten about Rudy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's weird seeing people declining to comment in this case lol.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

FCKGW posted:

Diet Dr Pepper is the only diet soda that actually tastes like the original

Truth has been spoken here

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

predicto posted:

Truth has been spoken here

Both taste like poo poo...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I have accepted that some people just don’t like Dr. Pepper. They’re wrong, but it’s not really a big deal that they’re wrong.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Levitate posted:

They didn’t do anything because white people can’t be terrorists (unless they’re antifa)

Perhaps we can just simply combine Republican and White to simplify things, Rhite people can't be terrorists.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Surprised he hasn't already been interviewed

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1673916128165351424

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Slowpoke! posted:

I have accepted that some people just don’t like Dr. Pepper. They’re wrong, but it’s not really a big deal that they’re wrong.

Important to remember that redemption is always possible. When I was a kid I hated the stuff, but sometime in my late teens it was like a switch flipped and now I drink the stuff like I'm a goon.

Interesting point was made about the tapes coming out; a transcript is very useful, but the law guy on CNN was emphatic that there's nothing like having the defendant on tape admitting to something in their own words. Even if the strength of the evidence is not really affected, there is a distinct psychological impact that makes it way harder for the defense to muddy the waters or for a juror to feel confident digging their heels in.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dr. Pepper is good, but I get why some people don't like it the same way I get why some people don't like fancy cocktails. Some folks just prefer less elaborate flavors.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

BiggerBoat posted:

Great. A loving soda derail.

I was gonna say, this is complete bullshit (not your post).

FB and Reddit were jam packed with threats and organizing for Jan 6th WELL in advance of the event. Like MONTHS. People here were posting poo poo they'd found on social media and quoting poo poo directly, sometimes with photos, names and specific locations of the people making threats and goons were talking about it a lot.

The idea that the FBI and the cops were powerless to monitor this poo poo is a joke. The CHUDS and nazis did most of it right out there in the open and made ZERO attempt to hide their intent. Unless reading FB and Reddit posts are some real heavy undercover poo poo, 90% of it was right out there in the open.

It's amazing to note that the FBI's contract for the tool for collecting and monitoring that stuff expired on like 1 Jan 2021 and they got a new system on 4 Jan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Everyone should drink either hot black coffee from a mug or get a “iced dirty chai”with two shot (you need the expression to tone down the sweetness) .

On topic question, IF this goes to jury, where do they pull from? As a non-Miami county Florida resident am I in the potential pool?