Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Landslide build does the generator ok. Take the storm generator since it tags stuff with vulnerable and buffs earth skills then landslide away. Well it's not a full endgame build though.

Stuff where the generator debuffs the enemy or buffs the spender is cool. More stuff like that.

Yeah totally agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

flashman posted:

Underwhelming sorc changes really to my eyes, having tried very hard to make frozen orb work I don't see how a ten percent buff is going to make any difference at all. The extra vuln is ok I guess, but I can't see any new build opportunities in the notes.

S1 is coming soon, and if it brings with it new legos/uniques, paragon boards, glyphs, etc like they said seasons would, i expect the S1 patch to be the big shakeup for class balance. seems like they intended to make minor changes with this patch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This pre season period is actually going to be the shortest period in the game's lifetime. I'm leveling up all kinds of guys and I'm like, wtf am I doing, season starts in like 2 weeks.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Floor is lava posted:

is the world boss cache fix retroactive or are the level 80 caches in my stash still 80

it is retroactive, I was able to open my stashed cache.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
This patch is cool and good. XP buff and teleport to dungeons are fantastic.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

flashman posted:

Underwhelming sorc changes really to my eyes, having tried very hard to make frozen orb work I don't see how a ten percent buff is going to make any difference at all. The extra vuln is ok I guess, but I can't see any new build opportunities in the notes.

yeah, not seeing enough to make anything, i think the aspects are a huge part of the problem. they dont really do anything for most builds that makes them 'well im gonna make a build out of this'. chain lightning has one aspect that specifically applies to it and it's just a fairly low chance at +2 chains. my CL sorc uses almost overwhelmingly common aspects like +damage to stunned. not exciting! e. well i guess i can count the self-bounce +mana lmao.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This Lucky Hit: [% Chance to do a thing] is suffocating a lot of aspects.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fknlo posted:

This patch is cool and good. XP buff and teleport to dungeons are fantastic.

Oh man, I missed the teleport to dungeon bit in the notes. That's sweet as hell

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SettingSun posted:

This Lucky Hit: [% Chance to do a thing] is suffocating a lot of aspects.

I understand why they did it that way, in terms of "we wanted to balance out the chance to do thing between the skill that attacks 20 times per second and the one that you only use every 3 seconds" but the numbers are so low on so many of them that they may as well not exist.

They should have stuff over 100% either on the lucky hit side (Like a 3 point combo spender on rogue) or have aspects with 100% proc rate on all lucky hits. Having to math out "ok well factoring in percents of percents means this thing on my gear really only happens 1.2% of my attacks" is insufferably lame.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I mean, it's also pretty funny that the sorcerer's stuff is just a percent chance to happen that's not even a lucky hit. A Druid can literally turn pulverize into a screen spanning shock wave on every hit, and a rogue's flurry can be turned into a full circle with increased damage to boot. It's just a wildly dumb

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

S1 is coming soon, and if it brings with it new legos/uniques, paragon boards, glyphs, etc like they said seasons would, i expect the S1 patch to be the big shakeup for class balance. seems like they intended to make minor changes with this patch.

You seem to have much more confidence in the breadth of content that they are going to be adding in season one than me, I hope you're correct.

There will need to be aspects to enable vuln with stuff other than ice spells to mix it up. I really expected something like enemies burning for x percent of their total life to be made vulnerable, or enemies affected by two crowd control effects simultaneously to be vulnerable, or another enchantment slot in this patch. It's a pretty low stakes patch to throw some poo poo at the wall with the season around the corner..

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A lukewarm s1 debut will set this game on a downward spiral. Probably a slow one, but terminal.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

flashman posted:

You seem to have much more confidence in the breadth of content that they are going to be adding in season one than me, I hope you're correct.

There will need to be aspects to enable vuln with stuff other than ice spells to mix it up. I really expected something like enemies burning for x percent of their total life to be made vulnerable, or enemies affected by two crowd control effects simultaneously to be vulnerable, or another enchantment slot in this patch. It's a pretty low stakes patch to throw some poo poo at the wall with the season around the corner..

i mean this isn't just me hoping. it's literally what they said in their blog on seasons, so if they lied there will be a shitstorm lmao

here it is: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022

quote:

We agree one of the most fun ways to play Diablo is through Seasons, so we're making the first one available soon after launch and building a dedicated team to bring you up to four Seasons a year, each with major new features, questlines, enemies, legendary items, and more.

quote:

We will also be constantly adding new legendary and unique items, paragon boards, glyphs, and more that will continually refresh the meta and create new build opportunities

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 27, 2023

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lotta good stuff. No nerfs that I saw. Just buffs.

game looking good

this is the best possible thing, just buffing the weaker poo poo and not bothering to nerf the strong stuff. They buffed literally all the Druid stuff that I love to use in great ways. I've been rewarded for sticking it out with the Shred/Rabies/Hurricane skillset, this loving owns.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

flashman posted:

vulnerable seems like a problem that goes beyond a single class, and i'm wondering if it gets nerfed at some point soon. Necro has two possible sources of creating vulnerable, and if you don't have either one in your build, it's not a good build.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Nothing about them teasing a patch to lift up underperforming skills and then it not meaningfully doing anything to any of them raises my confidence in them understanding their game enough yet for builds and balance to be more dynamic in S1

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
man they didn't even fix the HoTA quake poo poo did they? You still have to turn around to cast HoTA to actually deal any damage with it.
If you play mostly Barb then this patch loving sucks rear end, and they are still easily the worst class in the game

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hashy posted:

Nothing about them teasing a patch to lift up underperforming skills and then it not meaningfully doing anything to any of them raises my confidence in them understanding their game enough yet for builds and balance to be more dynamic in S1

yeah the buffs are pretty small but i very much doubt you have any clue what you're talking about given maxroll hasn't updated their tier lists yet. i'm sure you'll come in with a new opinion when they do

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

i mean this isn't just me hoping. it's literally what they said in their blog on seasons, so if they lied there will be a shitstorm lmao

I don't doubt that a new paragon board and uniques and aspects will be added as seasons progress, I doubt that it's going to be a bunch of everything in the first one.

It took five weeks to buff useless poo poo by 10 percent

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

vulnerable seems like a problem that goes beyond a single class, and i'm wondering if it gets nerfed at some point soon. Necro has two possible sources of creating vulnerable, and if you don't have either one in your build, it's not a good build.

I mean they could rip the band aid off and nerf vuln now and rebalance around that, but that seems like alot of work compared to adding more sources of vuln.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

yeah the buffs are pretty small but i very much doubt you have any clue what you're talking about given maxroll hasn't updated their tier lists yet. i'm sure you'll come in with a new opinion when they do

Havent looked at a guide yet. Excited to be at the helm of the discovery process in seeing what them increasing charged bolt's damage by 10% can do to shake up the meta for the next month

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Hashy posted:

Them carefully deciding to buff an unusable legendary aspect that causes a damage proc on every 4th core skill cast from 2000 damage at level 100 to 2650 damage at level 100 is odd in a game where pressing hammer of the ancients has 60k base damage and does 50,000,000 damage in a good build. Bizarrely timid balancing approach and it's just page after page of things that won't change anyone's decision parameters.

Sorc's flamethrower ability that roots you in place and has no noteworthy synergies or aspects and only has any secondary effects after 4 seconds of channeling it? Their approach to levelling out the playing field was to buff its overall damage by less than 20% and make it work after 3 seconds? I'm not kidding when I say it does about 1/20th of the damage it needs to in order to risk being placed on a skill bar by anyone other than people capturing gameplay footage for their trailers.

What skill tweaks are people excited for?

its cool when a game has devs that listen to feedback and promise 99% of what everyone asked for on clear timetables and then release a patch with some of those changes and a balance patch that is nothing but buffs bcos it really highlighhts the ppl who make being impossible to please a core part of their personality lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

flashman posted:

It took five weeks to buff useless poo poo by 10 percent

this is what people actually believe. or at least they will pretend to when they have to find something to complain about in theh face of getting everything they want

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

In the world of Sanctuary when one person dies they turn into 1000 bodies for use as decor around the world.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Vulnerable reminds me a little bit too much like slag in borderlands 2 or whichever one it was in where they balanced around everybody having and using it. My own opinion is they should get rid of it or at least reduce how much plus is on gear.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, on the matter. The fact that it's the only status effect that works on bosses without them being posture broken should be clue enough to its out size defectiveness

Sloober fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 27, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sloober posted:

reduce how much plus is on gear

yea it's the snowballing that does it

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
just saw that all the 2 handers are all labeled wrong lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hashy posted:

Havent looked at a guide yet. Excited to be at the helm of the discovery process in seeing what them increasing charged bolt's damage by 10% can do to shake up the meta for the next month

I very much doubt that given that you are making claims about the effectiveness of changes before you've touched any of them and tested them for yourself. You seem just like the type tbh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I noticed that some of my actual values on aspect rolls are far below the range given in adv. tool tips, what's going on there

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stux posted:

its cool when a game has devs that listen to feedback and promise 99% of what everyone asked for on clear timetables and then release a patch with some of those changes and a balance patch that is nothing but buffs bcos it really highlighhts the ppl who make being impossible to please a core part of their personality lol

I see why they keep Stux around now

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There are several pieces of gear that share the same name in the wardrobe. Like two models that are both called 'pants' and such.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Stux posted:

this is what people actually believe. or at least they will pretend to when they have to find something to complain about in theh face of getting everything they want

Truth.

Guys the servers are gonna catch fire on release.

Game launches nearly flawlessly.

Guys Blizzard is gonna nerf everything into oblivion before maybe later buffing stuff.

First patch is universal buffs.

Blizzard fans can't be trusted to predict anything rofl.

You'd think they'd stop after a while but I guess brain worms are eternal.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

SettingSun posted:

There are several pieces of gear that share the same name in the wardrobe. Like two models that are both called 'pants' and such.

Look do you want pants or do you want pants

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I very much doubt that given that you are making claims about the effectiveness of changes before you've touched any of them and tested them for yourself. You seem just like the type tbh

The synergistic opportunities of incinerate having a 10% base damage buff and immobilizing after 3 seconds of channeling it directly onto an enemy instead of 4 are going to be off the charts. Can't wait to get these new changes into the lab (this is what I call playing the game)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hashy posted:

The synergistic opportunities of incinerate having a 10% base damage buff and immobilizing after 3 seconds of channeling it directly onto an enemy instead of 4 are going to be off the charts. Can't wait to get these new changes into the lab (this is what I call playing the game)

Have you considered rolling a new character besides the worst class with the least flex in their builds?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Just already be playing a build you enjoy, and then you can have fun with the nightmare dungeon changes and the fact that all buffs means you're at least as effective as before, but with less horse riding. All upside here.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Fallen Shamans gently caress off forever please and thank you.
Wraiths can gently caress right off with them.

SmallpoxJenkins fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 27, 2023

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

cool, cool cool cool Cool

turns out that if you get dunked on environmental traversal spots are not an escape option! in fact it's just as bad as being stunned or frozen, you just get to watch your character live out the last moments of their life crawling over a random rope bridge

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Hashy posted:

i don't think you'll hit the lab i think you're gonna post through it (your brain worms)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah as a Sorc I'm disappointed in the buffs, we need better build alternatives badly and 1-2% damage buff do not cut it when poo poo like Ice Shards does 50x the damage/utility of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

feller posted:

it barely costs anything to upgrade to 3/5

Yeah, I was looking at level 4, where it starts costing the legendary component.

But I got everything up to 3, and added the Druid "gain life/fortify when you shapeshift" aspect to some armor. My dude is usually in human form until Pulverize, so that should fire off pretty often.

I'll give the capstone another shot tonight.