Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The way Shea Whigham goes out in Kong: Skull Island is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

I know so many people who hated that scene and didn’t get that it was supposed to be funny at all

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh I know I mean with Bill Paxton specifically

He was narrating the Ghosts of the Abyss documentary which Cameron was shooting then, but yeah that still didn't mean he HAD to be there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I get the impression that Cameron's reputation for being... uh, we'll say "bristly" comes from how he acts around people he doesn't like or when he's annoyed. I also think that people and situations that annoy him or that he dislikes tend to overlap completely with the ways we, the public, are able to learn about him as a person. Interviews, press, BTS poo poo, stuff like that.

I think outside of that he's probably a pretty great guy to be friends with and it explains why he ends up working with a lot of the same people again and again, and why people are willing to dedicate years of their career to doing something insane that might never come out, and why for example Bill Paxton might just be like hanging around his submarine excursions.

Just don't get married to him I guess.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do get a warm lil feeling in my heart when the same actors show up in a director's different movies. They must like each other :3:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Just don't get married to him I guess.

Or be Ed Harris.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jay Rust posted:

I do get a warm lil feeling in my heart when the same actors show up in a director's different movies. They must like each other :3:

Me too!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I get the impression that Cameron's reputation for being... uh, we'll say "bristly" comes from how he acts around people he doesn't like or when he's annoyed. I also think that people and situations that annoy him or that he dislikes tend to overlap completely with the ways we, the public, are able to learn about him as a person. Interviews, press, BTS poo poo, stuff like that.
I've heard that he is a classic "kiss up kick down" kind of guy. I think it was Orson Scott Card who said he was perfectly nice to him and lovely to everyone else when he met with Cameron about The Abyss novelization, because Card didn't need the work and could tell him to go gently caress himself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

def another peak Whigham role, as is shockingly babyfaced Whigham in All the Real Girls (underrated movie!)

God, I forgot about that movie, I just did a rewatch of The New Girl and watching the trailer Zooey Deschanel looks so different. Also, she now has a show about food on Max, which is weird because one of the reasons she looks so different is she clearly stopped eating at some point between All the Real Girls and The New Girl.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grendels Dad posted:

The best in the movie.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Halloween Jack posted:

I've heard that he is a classic "kiss up kick down" kind of guy. I think it was Orson Scott Card who said he was perfectly nice to him and lovely to everyone else when he met with Cameron about The Abyss novelization, because Card didn't need the work and could tell him to go gently caress himself.

I think I've mentioned a few times on here but a guy who did concept art on the first Avatar told me they learned never to send him pieces for review before lunchtime, because if he hadn't eaten he'd just poo poo over anything put in front of him. Metaphorically.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Icelandic government is going to pay me money to write a tv show about monsters.

(My grant application to the Icelandic film fund got the ok)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
gently caress yea

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Icelandic government is going to pay me money to write a tv show about monsters.

That owns, congrats!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hell yeah.

Just remember that when they say people are the real monsters, they’re wrong. Monsters are the real monsters.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

🙌

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

MacheteZombie posted:

gently caress yea

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

If possible, please give us a link with English subtitles.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FreudianSlippers posted:

That kicks rear end, congratulations!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

This is dope as hell.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Air Skwirl posted:

If possible, please give us a link with English subtitles.

Will do if I manage the next probably much harder (but less paperwork heavy) task of getting a production company and a TV channel on board once its written.

My producer is working on talking to anyone he knows that might be interested and we're going to use part of the grant on a sort of pilot 5 minute short film with the same main character to pitch it to anyone who could help with that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Finally those mfs got it lmao. They seemed real stodgy

Congrats man!!!!!!!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hell yeah bro!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Become the icelandic koji shirashi

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

weekly font posted:

Lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

weekly font posted:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

That’s awesome! Congrats. I am really happy for you.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Happy Labyrinth day!

https://twitter.com/FANGORIA/status/1673700229781045249

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Always enjoy the anniversary of the best ball fondling in cinematic history

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FreudianSlippers posted:

gently caress yeah

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Congrats, Freudianslippers!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Awesome! Congratulations! Furthermore,

weekly font posted:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I really like him playing the friendly coworker to the increasingly unhinged Michael Shannon in Take Shelter.

I was just watching something with him and couldnt pinpoint why i loved him but this is it, thank you

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hell yes, congrats!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

FreudianSlippers posted:

ask them to liberate my people please (and loving congrats)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Congratulations!

Dibs on joining the goon writer's room

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Congratulations!

Dibs on joining the goon writer's room

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Today I learned Fran Drescher is the president of SAG.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1673856254840799232?s=20

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Nanny was such a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Memento still slaps.