Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
what agency does Mayo Pete head up again? asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

A Tesla vehicle being operated on Autopilot mode crashed into a stopped truck that was providing traffic control for a highway lane closure on Friday night, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

A Freightliner truck "was at a stationary position in the middle lane providing traffic control for a right lane closure for a paving detail," the crash report said. Police say the Tesla being driven on Autopilot, which was also traveling in the middle lane, crashed into the truck's rear end at around 10:25 pm ET.

The Pennsylvania crash is far from the first in which a Tesla vehicle hit a stopped car. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has been investigating "crashes in which Tesla models of various configurations have encountered first responder scenes and subsequently struck one or more vehicles involved with those scenes." The analysis is focusing on 16 collisions with first responder and road maintenance vehicles.

As the Associated Press reported last month, "Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg says he's concerned about Tesla's marketing of the system, which is under investigation by his department in connection with crashes that have caused at least 14 deaths."

"I don't think that something should be called, for example, an Autopilot, when the fine print says you need to have your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times," Buttigieg told the AP. NHTSA data shows that Teslas using Autopilot crashed 273 times between July 2021 and May 15, 2022.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/06/tesla-on-autopilot-crashed-into-stopped-truck-during-highway-lane-closure/

Unacceptable. Remove the FSD feature remotely where possible and make any driver fully liable for any FSD accidents should they choose to evade getting it removed.

if you want to run live beta testing on FSD systems do it at race tracks.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's insane that FSD was rolled out via software update and could be disabled the same way but we just can't. it's even easier than recalling the cars themselves, but we can't. sorry, we can't. people like them so we can't. can't do it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

aRudeTeen posted:

Looks like lots of normal accounts are getting 3-day suspensions for spam. Very good, very functional website.

https://twitter.com/Nickiquote/status/1673648499848519680?s=20

Anyone seen me spamming?!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

one of the 6 developers left has gone rogue

you see this is all part of the parkinson's principal in the sense that when you shrink your workforce like that things get shaky

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Slotducks posted:

one of the 6 developers left has gone rogue

you see this is all part of the parkinson's principal in the sense that when you shrink your workforce like that things get shaky

john in accounting has gone broken arrow

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have been running the "block every single promoted tweet on sight" game for literally over a decade, I'm surprised my account isn't suspended yet if that's the criteria

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

Its a dissociative tranquilizer for animals and children that is 'safe' in that its very hard to OD on, but 'not safe' in that long term use will destroy your bladder

Ketamine is absolutely not difficult to OD on

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mad.radhu posted:

I have been running the "block every single promoted tweet on sight" game for literally over a decade, I'm surprised my account isn't suspended yet if that's the criteria

yeah i block every ad i see. i think this is just a case of twitter twitching in its death throes.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

A Tesla vehicle being operated on Autopilot mode crashed into a stopped truck that was providing traffic control for a highway lane closure on Friday night, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

A Freightliner truck "was at a stationary position in the middle lane providing traffic control for a right lane closure for a paving detail," the crash report said. Police say the Tesla being driven on Autopilot, which was also traveling in the middle lane, crashed into the truck's rear end at around 10:25 pm ET.

The Pennsylvania crash is far from the first in which a Tesla vehicle hit a stopped car. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has been investigating "crashes in which Tesla models of various configurations have encountered first responder scenes and subsequently struck one or more vehicles involved with those scenes." The analysis is focusing on 16 collisions with first responder and road maintenance vehicles.

As the Associated Press reported last month, "Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg says he's concerned about Tesla's marketing of the system, which is under investigation by his department in connection with crashes that have caused at least 14 deaths."

"I don't think that something should be called, for example, an Autopilot, when the fine print says you need to have your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times," Buttigieg told the AP. NHTSA data shows that Teslas using Autopilot crashed 273 times between July 2021 and May 15, 2022.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/06/tesla-on-autopilot-crashed-into-stopped-truck-during-highway-lane-closure/

jesus christ just force the recall already lmao

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

check out this pussy scared of dying with his space boots on

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

that would make number go down, and is therefore impossible

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

brilliant new thread title, bravo

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I'm giving this guy mdma until he loves poors

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

endocriminologist posted:

I'm giving this guy mdma until he loves poors

He will die of dehydration long before that happens

So, you know. Do it

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you Elon

Thelon

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

Most people snort it, and a k hole is not an OD

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

K was made for horses and should be dosed appropriately

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i love ketamine

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i love ketamine

Elon is in the thread!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spacemang_spliff posted:

skill issue.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imagine being so bad at driving you crash a self driving car.....

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my favorite slur is cis

People need to put this on bumper stickers lol.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
What's the point of FSD again? Is it just me or is it more stressful to have to monitor something else driving than to actually do it myself? Why the gently caress does the NTSB or whoever even allow this poo poo to be tested on the roads aaaaaaahhhhh

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

roffles posted:

What's the point of FSD again? Is it just me or is it more stressful to have to monitor something else driving than to actually do it myself? Why the gently caress does the NTSB or whoever even allow this poo poo to be tested on the roads aaaaaaahhhhh

*zorg from fifth element speech*

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

*zorg from fifth element speech*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyhR1THflUU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

roffles posted:

You have to test it for the sake of humanity’s future.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

welp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cup Runneth Over posted:

brilliant new thread title, bravo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

that would make number go down, and is therefore impossible

Oh yeah I forgot that Tesla is load bearing drywall in the grovereconony

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Musk is smelly

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Elon Musk is insane... ly epic!!

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

elon musk uninvented hi-c. he's why you can't get hi-c anymore

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

elon musk is shmorky

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

Compared to cheap tar heroine or mystery substance X (hopefully fentanyl) it is.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
i microdose whippets while tweeting 🤣 20 hours a day, who wants to invest in my car company

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I bet I could OD on ketamine

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

so many elites are doing whippets, pretty clearly safe.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mad.radhu posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I think that's why these dopes are all ok with how lovely FSD is because it's not any worse and arguably better than how they drive.

absolutely lol
https://twitter.com/Teslaconomics/status/1622494791392190464

while finding that the first time i tried to play the video it somehow pulled up a totally different and unrelated video from a tweet somewhere else instead. starting to think twitter really is ftw