Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

wouldnt the real buyout move be somethign like, hiring as many train engineers as you possibly could and paid them not to run US trains? or people who fix transformers or MRI operators or anything? the entire infrastructure system is run on skeleton crews, i think you could do way more damage targeting that via buyout than trying to touch farms directly

is it an act of war to hire another nations workforce in an aggressive manner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

Eminent DNS posted:

Wait a minute, what if the PRC just bought Taiwan on the free market??

Beat em at their own game

USA wouldn't allow it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2023/06/sweden-to-assist-australia-for-submarine-upgrade-program/

The AUKUS sub boondoggle program is soon to be the AUKUSDEN boondoggle with extra cream and chocolate flakes. I think we can still fit in a few more shovels at the trough for a proper alphabet spaghetti.

I can smell the cost blowouts from here. Mmm-mmm. Finger licking good.

Almost a shame there will never be a sub delivered at the end of it. Hope we get a peek at the future f35 of the waves in draft concept at least.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Eminent DNS posted:

Nevermind, just remembered the Zhou Enlai line about how the master's tools will never dismantle the master's house

drat that's a good proverb

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

USA wouldn't allow it

Hmm not allowing someone to buy something? Isn't that literally Communism??? Hello???

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The US selling lots of rope: Haha gently caress yeah!! Yes!!

The US discovering how good China is at tying knots: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

crepeface posted:

lol imagine the poo poo you went through in your youth to now being served food by robots

hard to imagine

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

celadon posted:

wouldnt the real buyout move be somethign like, hiring as many train engineers as you possibly could and paid them not to run US trains? or people who fix transformers or MRI operators or anything? the entire infrastructure system is run on skeleton crews, i think you could do way more damage targeting that via buyout than trying to touch farms directly

is it an act of war to hire another nations workforce in an aggressive manner?

maybe, but you could not possibly convince anyone in Washington or a corporate boardroom that any of those people have particular value.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Eminent DNS posted:

Nevermind, just remembered the Zhou Enlai line about how the master's tools will never dismantle the master's house

glad nobody mentioned this to Deng

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Eminent DNS posted:

Wasn't that Audre Lorde?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eminent DNS posted:

Wasn't that Lincoln

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It was Yukio Mishima

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Ytlaya posted:

It was Yukio Mishima

Mishima is only a bigger loser in death now that Abe’s assassin managed to use political violence and gain popular support for it

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

Mishima is only a bigger loser in death now that Abe’s assassin managed to use political violence and gain popular support for it

Yeah but he was pretty hot. So maybe we should consider his teachings?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Chinese President Xi Jinping meets PM Chris Hipkins, says NZ is 'friend and partner' https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/492754/chinese-president-xi-jinping-meets-pm-chris-hipkins-says-nz-is-friend-and-partner

:grin:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Mont_Jiang/status/1673531869319634944

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
The entire developed world's economy is dependent on buying stuff from China and marking it up. Here's why this makes China vulnerable (1/??)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has anyone ever gotten rich making clothes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

tadashi yanai and family

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

britain

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

nz demonstrating the bare minimum a country has to do not to piss off china is just to not accuse them of supervillain poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1673894015735934978?s=20

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

nz demonstrating the bare minimum a country has to do not to piss off china is just to not accuse them of supervillain poo poo

hey buddy, I'm going to be in Beijing next month, can I buy you a drink? would be cool to meet IRL and have a drink or two, lemme know!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

They're going to do a crash program of weapons that absolutely won't work but cost billions

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Guyovich posted:

our media is going to criticise hipkins for not acting in america's interests

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

KomradeX posted:

They're going to do a crash program of weapons that absolutely won't work but cost billions

https://www.baen.com/Chapters/1439133476/1439133476___5.htm

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

R. Guyovich posted:

weird, all the smartest posters keep assuring me that china is some irrational and insane supervillain state that wants to conquer the world

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Great Autismo! posted:

hey buddy, I'm going to be in Beijing next month, can I buy you a drink? would be cool to meet IRL and have a drink or two, lemme know!

no

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

:berninator:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:pwn:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

you could have just told him you were going to take him to get some authentic Chinese food

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1673881363131559936?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Leading covid symptom, sorry she had to learn it like that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
eid mubarak and happy anniversary to this post

Centusin posted:

i know there's no point in saying this but typically people celebrate Eid al-Fitr by praying inside or outside of mosques not dancing outside of them so I would say that video shows no footage of anybody actually properly celebrating Eid. It's almost like they couldn't record footage of people performing Salat or reciting Takbir because it didn't happen

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

KomradeX posted:

They're going to do a crash program of new grifts that absolutely won't work but cost more than the astronomical old grifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

What if he just goes to Sanlitun and leaves a few cocktails on the ground like an offering at a previously agreed upon place?