Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But NXT is going to be the third brand again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was Hayes at least competitive with Balor?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did he stir the bowl?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince is back baby!

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The NXT champion Carmelo Hayes made his Raw debut and got pinned by Finn Balor. Wonder if that’s ever happened before

perhaps they should wrestle more DEMONS on nxt, makes you think

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1673857488934797314 This is pretty lovely unless the Dyad are losing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1673857488934797314 This is pretty lovely unless the Dyad are losing.

Are the GYV finally getting their release?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pylons posted:

The real losers stay in NXT

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

edogawa rando posted:

Was Karrion Kross NXT champ when he got a stupid helmet+mask combo put on his head and beat by Jeff Hardy in 2 minutes?

Did we ever get an explanation about that stupid helmet/mask thing?

Who thought it was a good idea? Why?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Did we ever get an explanation about that stupid helmet/mask thing?

Who thought it was a good idea? Why?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the three faces of vince

WHAT A MANEUVER
muscley
telenova villain stache

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the bad mustache is one thing, but why did he dye his hair?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 28, 2023

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Because he's 77 years old and trying to hide the hair plugs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Had Vince ever had facial hair before this year? I don’t even remember him allowing stubble on his face.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've never seen Vince with a mustache or a goatee or a beard. Dude's been clean shaven since he started being on TV in the 80's.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Vince has been using galvanic electrolysis since the mid-80s. it had been around forever but started getting popular (again) back then. it's why you never saw him with even a hint of stubble even at the end of a show. he was at the save mart center for 12 hours during the 2005 royal rumble, came out onto the show at the end, and looked like he had just shaved. the reason he does that tight to the lip mustache is not just because of the look he intended but because his growth above that is too awful from the past treatments. if you find out it's made up, don't stop being my friend

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 28, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Had Vince ever had facial hair before this year? I don’t even remember him allowing stubble on his face.

No and that's part of why it's funny

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

zetamind2000 posted:

Same reason he makes all his wrestlers dye gray hair.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
FWIW, I showed the pic of Vince to my sister's father in law who's a maxillofacial surgeon and he thought he's covering up a bad lip job. It could explain why the moustache is so close to the superior vermilion border instead of looking normal.

Just my 2¢ anyway

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dango Bango posted:

Same reason he makes all his wrestlers dye gray hair.

Reminds me of how ridiculous Nash looked when he came back to WWE in 2010 after rocking the grey for like a decade.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

zetamind2000 posted:

So people would make fun of his lovely Vincent Price look instead of going "why the gently caress is this serial rapist coming back."

And it worked.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I don't know, if you try to make jokes about the rape stuff then most people seem to get tired of it and just want daddy Vince back. Now he's got the moustache you can just openly make fun of him and the fed stans will go along with it, like a spoonful of sugar.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nobody cares about pro wrestling, which is why they get away with treating their independent contractors as employees. Not to mention everything else Vince is responsible for since taking over the industry. Nobody has ever made one single stink about WWE being a monopoly for so long.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The uso penitentiary

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

So people would make fun of his lovely Vincent Price look instead of going "why the gently caress is this serial rapist coming back."

And it worked.

I know the perception of wrestling fans is we're morons, but I can think more than 2 thoughts at once & I assume others can too.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

I know the perception of wrestling fans is we're morons, but I can think more than 2 thoughts at once & I assume others can too.

His comment is more about the co-opted wrestling media who chose to focus on the lulzy stache instead of anything of consequence

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Creep stache, loves poop, loves to see fat people dance and cross dress, started in a weird niche and went mainstream.

Vince is CTE John Waters

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

deeply insulting to John Waters

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

zetamind2000 posted:

Because he thinks he now looks young and virile, and not like a pathetic old half-melted steroid candle.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

mustache jokes are what the fed stans crave, so who can blame the fed stan media for providing it imo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

projecthalaxy posted:

mustache jokes are what the fed stans crave, so who can blame the fed stan media for providing it imo

The #rehireelicottonwood movement starts NOW

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
people have been joking about when Stardust comes back but it'll really be a return to Cody's gimmick of "I have a moustache" that was brief but in the correct time window to be his representation in one of the games

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

His comment is more about the co-opted wrestling media who chose to focus on the lulzy stache instead of anything of consequence

I don't think wrestling journalists needed to be distracted to not talk about Vince and his crimes. They didn't do it when he didn't have the stache either.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

weekly font posted:

Creep stache, loves poop, loves to see fat people dance and cross dress, started in a weird niche and went mainstream.

Vince is CTE John Waters

When you see a fine gal
Say, "That's good poo poo, pal!"
And do the Creep! Uhhhhh...
Do the Creep! Uhhhhh...

When you botch Cody's push
But you see a nice tush
Do the Creep! Uhhhhh...
Do the Creep! Uhhhhh...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't think wrestling journalists needed to be distracted to not talk about Vince and his crimes. They didn't do it when he didn't have the stache either.

That's true of course, but when they talk about the funny looking man it just made it so much more obvious

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

deeply insulting to John Waters

"If you go to someone's house and they don't have the book, gently caress 'em, pal."

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The lip job explanation is much more convincing to me tbh. Vince's particular breed of super rich rear end in a top hat is extremely self-conscious as they get older, especially since the dodgy cosmetic surgery they got done in the 80s starts withering away. I believe this is why Trump is very touchy about his hair?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Testekill posted:

Are the GYV finally getting their release?

No.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did RAW have something cool advertised or happen this week, does anyone know? It did the highest rating since Mania by a good margin.

Increases in both overall audience and demo rating, to the tune of “best since the Raw After WrestleMania” numbers. Monday’s Raw averaged nearly two million viewers viewers per hour (1.97 to be exact). It did a .61 rating with 18-49 year olds, the best on all of television —not counting the baseball game, which was watched by 3.43 million and had a .85 with the 18-49 set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Did RAW have something cool advertised or happen this week, does anyone know? It did the highest rating since Mania by a good margin.

Increases in both overall audience and demo rating, to the tune of “best since the Raw After WrestleMania” numbers. Monday’s Raw averaged nearly two million viewers viewers per hour (1.97 to be exact). It did a .61 rating with 18-49 year olds, the best on all of television —not counting the baseball game, which was watched by 3.43 million and had a .85 with the 18-49 set.

go-home Raw for MITB :shrug: