Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Substandard posted:

D3 added a pet that would just auto pickup gold and salvage everything but legendaries. I'd like that but I think we've probably got a while before they want to put anything like that in.

you really don't want to auto salvage all rares in d4. Maybe all non-ancestral or something would work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the really annoying nm affix is the dazed aoe thing. i can take the damage reduction affixes fine bcos i simply attack quickly w small attacks anyway

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm so used to using my horse to get to NM dungeons... I still haven't used the teleport yet. My brain is broken.

Edit: Almost did it again. At least this time I noticed right after teleporting to the nearest town.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 27, 2023

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

JainDoh posted:

so is there a clan or discord or something for finding groups

iirc the ones in the OP are basically full. id still be interested in joining one i suppose

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think I like Blizzard’s path to balancing and updating the game so far. Clear timelines on when to expect stuff and doing things in incremental steps so that they don’t blow out the balance in the opposite direction and end up with the same problem.

And if you expected them to do a full mechanics upheaval in the first month of the game you’re nuts. There’s a lot more work involved in making sure the game experience is good than just changing numbers in a spreadsheet.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Make number go up

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Substandard posted:

D3 added a pet that would just auto pickup gold and salvage everything but legendaries. I'd like that but I think we've probably got a while before they want to put anything like that in.

Soon coming to a battlepass near you, get a familiar that you can use to auto sell loot you collect in dungeons, no need to warp back and forth! Totally originally idea not stolen from
Torchlight at all!

Only available with battlepass, buy now!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

New stash tab but only if you collect all altars of Lilith would be the best QOL feature

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Last Call posted:

Soon coming to a battlepass near you, get a familiar that you can use to auto sell loot you collect in dungeons, no need to warp back and forth! Totally originally idea not stolen from
Torchlight at all!

Only available with battlepass, buy now!

I wish more arpg's would steal this mechanic from Torchlight.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

why would i want something to autosell loot

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I don’t remember using the dog for selling anyway. It all took at least a cursory inspection and there was enough poo poo to do in town to be worth the trip.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Just a couple tests I did post-patch at level 93. Cleared every single mob in each dungeon:

Maulwood Tier 48
Total XP: 1.60m including 190k clear bonus

Maulwood Tier 43
Total XP: 1.72m including 184k clear bonus

Blind Burrows Tier 46
Total XP: 2.07m including 189k clear bonus

Blind Burrows Normal
Total XP: 1.01m

Unfortunately I don't have hard numbers from before the patch but my gut feeling at this level is maybe I'm getting about 40% more XP or so per dungeon. The only thing I don't love is that the clear bonus is comparatively negligible and that I actually got more XP in the lower tier dungeon for Maulwood. It would be nice for there to be a little more incentive to push up the NM tiers but this definitely feels better than pre-patch.

It's definitely good that now there is yet another incentive to do nightmare dungeons in general rather than just spam normal dungeons.

E: vvv true dat

Dr. Mantis Toboggan fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 28, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

It's definitely good that now there is a good incentive to do nightmare dungeons in general rather than just spam normal dungeons.

drops and glyph xp made them better anyway

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Popping in to see who is mad

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FootballFreak2 posted:

Popping in to see who is mad

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I'm not mad at all, I'm actually laughing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The XP buff in nm dungeons is great. The teleporting to the dungeon entrance is a game changer. It never took that much time to run to the next dungeon but you can really work through them back to back a lot quicker now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This new update is very strong and huge step in the right direction. Really happy with Blizzard deciding to release it just before season 1.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Me, yesterday: “ehhhh maybe ill take a break until season 1 starts.”
Me, today: “time to grind some nm dungies!”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

good update

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

George H.W. oval office posted:

What is this sick filth

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about being able to see what's going on while I'm playing.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

theysayheygreg posted:

cool, cool cool cool Cool

turns out that if you get dunked on environmental traversal spots are not an escape option! in fact it's just as bad as being stunned or frozen, you just get to watch your character live out the last moments of their life crawling over a random rope bridge

Lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

theysayheygreg posted:

turns out that if you get dunked on environmental traversal spots are not an escape option! in fact it's just as bad as being stunned or frozen, you just get to watch your character live out the last moments of their life crawling over a random rope bridge

Makes me laugh.

Feels like a classic "I'm going to make it, I'm going to make it, I'm OH poo poo"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lmao the gang waiting for you

the boys just watching like "come on, boss, come on, you can make it....oh."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How do you guys manage your board in terms of progression vs. glyph reqs.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Is there a more viable build for minion necros post patch? I’ve tried some builds of my own as well as some from guides and compared to the other builds I’ve played it feels like punching water.

I just want to have a sweet skeleton army, is that too much to ask?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

theysayheygreg posted:

skill issue

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Long Way Down posted:

Is there a more viable build for minion necros post patch? I’ve tried some builds of my own as well as some from guides and compared to the other builds I’ve played it feels like punching water.

I just want to have a sweet skeleton army, is that too much to ask?

Looks like the only thing they added was that curses make your minions target those enemies which potentially solves an issue with them holding aggro but that's about it

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Timbs posted:

Looks like the only thing they added was that curses make your minions target those enemies which potentially solves an issue with them holding aggro but that's about it

That’s a good change, it should stop the frustration of all my skeletons heading off to check out something offscreen while a group of evil humans beat me to death.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

zoux posted:

How do you guys manage your board in terms of progression vs. glyph reqs.

im bad at games and ive only got enough paragon to access two.boards so take this with a grain of salt but i only have two glyphs that seem super useful for my build atm and i beelined for the glyph socket board 1, legendary node on board 2, then filled out around the first glyph spot to activate its secondary power before beelining glyph node 2 and thats where im at now

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The thing where the ceiling randomly caves in during dungeon runs is bad.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Got dragged through the capstones and 3 tier 40ish NM dungeons on a fresh character and got level 50, I don't know what it was like before but they seem very good for power leveling now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The NM dungeon changes are fantastic. The XP is way better and teleporting to the entrance owns.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Bone prison is so unintentionally trolly in the open world

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I can understand them loving up on "what feels good for XP gains vs people not maxing out too fast" (I guess), but not having a teleport to a NM dungeon from day 1 was such a poor decision. Travelling the world (even with waypoints) just to get somewhere feels like such a chore - this really does seem like something that could have been picked up during closed beta testing.

I guess it's good they're listening though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Earlier I found myself able to master a Nest event with surprising ease as a non-AoE character, so I got my hopes up that Last Stand had also (?) been adjusted. Turns out that nope, those idiots still die if a monster so much as looks at them funny.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I can understand them loving up on "what feels good for XP gains vs people not maxing out too fast" (I guess), but not having a teleport to a NM dungeon from day 1 was such a poor decision. Travelling the world (even with waypoints) just to get somewhere feels like such a chore - this really does seem like something that could have been picked up during closed beta testing.

I guess it's good they're listening though.

My guess is they were hoping people would be more interested in participating in overworld events along the way.

Usually I didn’t mind journeying to the dungeon but some of them like Dark Ravine are way too far away from a waypoint.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

MMAgCh posted:

Earlier I found myself able to master a Nest event with surprising ease as a non-AoE character, so I got my hopes up that Last Stand had also (?) been adjusted. Turns out that nope, those idiots still die if a monster so much as looks at them funny.

If it makes you feel any better I think there is just something up with the NPC health or damage output of enemies because they die super fast for everyone. I've seen videos of those crazy content guys with insane builds feeling good if even 1 makes it out alive.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I've just done a few NM40 ( lvl 94 ) dungeons at level 87 with my Minion Necro, and feels good? My Skellies feel super buff and apart from suppressors being a slow grind and a couple of hordes fragging me quick, I even managed to complete the Rogue Challenge of completing a dungeon without taking damage. I swapped out Haemorage for Initiate's Bone Splinters ( for vulnerable ), I'm running Iron Golem that also delivers vulnerable, 6 Cold Mages that deliver vulnerable, 6 Reapers for extra corpses, Abhorrent Decrepify, Plagued Corpse Explosion and Plagued Corpse Tendrils. Howl from Below and Black River seem to work together nicely, Mendeln's ring doesn't seem super apparent unless I'm chugging Lucky Hit potions ( reminder: make more lucky hit potions ). I don't even have to spam explosive corpses unless it's an oh poo poo moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

RyokoTK posted:

My guess is they were hoping people would be more interested in participating in overworld events along the way.

Usually I didn’t mind journeying to the dungeon but some of them like Dark Ravine are way too far away from a waypoint.

The events need to be more varied, interesting and have better gear for me to care at this point outside a helltide.