Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i feel like the amount of obols is too low for the time commitment most of the time tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
And on the subject of overworld stuff, it feels like you outgrow Tree of Whispers awards pretty easily. Like I'm not even sure you get Ancestral items out of those boxes? If you do it's gotta be rare.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i feel like the amount of obols is too low for the time commitment most of the time tbh

The dungeon ones are funny because you get like 18 obols if you manage to mastery them. Wow cool thank u.

Reminds me of an email Microsoft sent me saying I can get a dollar gift card for free

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
i made a dumb overflow goon guild because i was sad i dont have a tag, message me in game at trevorreznik#1496 or apply to Yet Another Goon Guild

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah when i run them with my friend and you run into that irish adventurer we both have yelling 'gently caress off' in a bad irish accent down to perfect synchronisity

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
The one that's dying on the floor that inexplicably needs you to kill five waves of monsters in order to live is my favorite. The power of slaughter will cure me

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Sometimes I do the events because they’re a fun and brief change of pace. I’m not really capable of mainlining efficiency poo poo 24/7.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
How do you cast HotA and have it NOT autotarget the nearest thing? I just realized I’ve been using it wrong for a week because I can’t aim it away from enemies.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

RyokoTK posted:

Sometimes I do the events because they’re a fun and brief change of pace. I’m not really capable of mainlining efficiency poo poo 24/7.

i mostly just do whispers when i get bored of running dungeons. nice variety of stuff to do and i sometimes pick up some extra renown on the way

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So the thing u need to run nightmare dungeons is just a random drop in wt3? Ive spent several hours now in this wt and nothin. And Ive killed plenty of helltide mobs along the way, something im missing?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

RyokoTK posted:

I like legion events. I'm on my sixth ghost horse now.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

AcidCat posted:

So the thing u need to run nightmare dungeons is just a random drop in wt3? Ive spent several hours now in this wt and nothin. And Ive killed plenty of helltide mobs along the way, something im missing?

I think you need to do a certain number of whisper runs at the tree. I think 10?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Is anyone actually able to play and not get horrible rubberbanding and lag from the apparent DDoS stuff?

I’ve just been doing some world quests and nearly dying to normal monsters in WT4 because half the time my skills won’t even cast for like 5 seconds. I can’t imagine trying to do NM dungeons with this.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Phanatic posted:

I think you need to do a certain number of whisper runs at the tree. I think 10?

Ah poo poo well this would have been nice to know, thx.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i dont think its a set number of runs its just a random drop but theyre fairly common

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Phanatic posted:

Whispers are probably the best way to get sigils but you definitely don't need to do 10. It's just a random drop like everything else.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The game has too many aspects, unique items, and skills that are just clearly not competitive and will need to see way more than a smattering of 10% buffs to get people to re-evaluate their options. I'm glad they didn't wait until Season 1 to do at least do some balancing, but I really need to see something more exciting for the S1 patch notes.

I'm glad for the much needed teleport to dungeon and EXP fixes.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AcidCat posted:

If you have a higher level character you can just craft them and throw them in your stash

Or just group with a guild mate and have them craft one for you I guess

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont think its a set number of runs its just a random drop but theyre fairly common

Well Ive spent abou 4 hrs in wt3 granted only done 2 tree runs but nothin. If nightmare dungeons are the best way to lvl in wt3 then this drop rate sux.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

If you have a higher level character you can just craft them and throw them in your stash

Or just group with a guild mate and have them craft one for you I guess

Those crafting options are not available to me yet as a lvl57.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

AcidCat posted:

Well Ive spent abou 4 hrs in wt3 granted only done 2 tree runs but nothin. If nightmare dungeons are the best way to lvl in wt3 then this drop rate sux.

You will never run out of them once you get one because the drop rate for them is higher in NM dungeons

Just have someone open one for you. I’ll jump online and do it now if you need

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

AcidCat posted:

Those crafting options are not available to me yet as a lvl57.

They open up once you’ve done a couple of ‘‘em on your own. I can craft on my lvl 51 wiz

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You can craft sigils as soon as you clear a tier 3, which on your own is totally random when it could happen since you need one to drop.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So once one drops it gets easy to craft more, but who knows how long it could take fot one to drop? Poopy.

Citizen my blizz id is AcidCat#1536 if u have time.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

latinotwink1997 posted:

Is anyone actually able to play and not get horrible rubberbanding and lag from the apparent DDoS stuff?

I’ve just been doing some world quests and nearly dying to normal monsters in WT4 because half the time my skills won’t even cast for like 5 seconds. I can’t imagine trying to do NM dungeons with this.

It's been pretty bad for everyone. No way would I be playing HC at this state.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Wanted to try the new NM dungeons but didn't get a key all evening. Up to 57 now this time. Annoying system that I didn't even notice last time I had a bunch of keys by now

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

AcidCat posted:

So once one drops it gets easy to craft more, but who knows how long it could take fot one to drop? Poopy.

Citizen my blizz id is AcidCat#1536 if u have time.

Sent

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Vashro posted:

Wanted to try the new NM dungeons but didn't get a key all evening. Up to 57 now this time. Annoying system that I didn't even notice last time I had a bunch of keys by now

You can craft them at the Occultist, and the Whispers tree should drop a guaranteed one

e:

Also just wanted to post this sick crossbow I found. I think I used up all my luck before seasons start

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Jesus Christ that's insanely good. Gg, that really is all your possible luck. Not only is it perfect stats but 3 of the 4 are perfect rolls too what the hell

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Tnx Citizen for helping an old fool past this threshold.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I have just had two cellars glitch out on me in that somehow I ended up creating a number of passive, invulnerable enemies in them that still counted as being alive and therefore kept the place from counting as cleared. :saddowns:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MMAgCh posted:

I have just had two cellars glitch out on me in that somehow I ended up creating a number of passive, invulnerable enemies in them that still counted as being alive and therefore kept the place from counting as cleared. :saddowns:

I had a dungeon fail to spawn its miniboss the other day. It was a sidequest, I had to restart the game and the dungeon to complete it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

AcidCat posted:

I asked the same question about a week ago or so, and for me it looked like the tree started dropping the nightmare sigils after I unlocked a glyph spot in the paragon board.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Scoss posted:

The game has too many aspects, unique items, and skills that are just clearly not competitive and will need to see way more than a smattering of 10% buffs to get people to re-evaluate their options. I'm glad they didn't wait until Season 1 to do at least do some balancing, but I really need to see something more exciting for the S1 patch notes.

I'm glad for the much needed teleport to dungeon and EXP fixes.

:sweep:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

poemdexter posted:

How do you cast HotA and have it NOT autotarget the nearest thing? I just realized I’ve been using it wrong for a week because I can’t aim it away from enemies.

i can’t find a way to do it reliably on controller. i normally just target something next to the guy i want to kill and deal with bad dps on single target

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just beat the story at level 51. Lol at Donan dying from a wall.

And holy hell, the last fight was an absolute loving lagfest.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

oh jesus christ what do i do

I'm doing 2H axe vuln, so I assume the vuln, but jesus

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
RN you basically always go vuln. I think the only thing you’d probably pick over it is cool down reduction.

Edit: just saw that you’re barb so idk that’s a lot of str and as far as dmg buckets go I think main stat is above vuln?

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 28, 2023

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

What kind of things could be added to make the overworld meaningful to engage with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

What kind of things could be added to make the overworld meaningful to engage with?

Simply a higher mob density in the overworld would do a lot to improve it. You could walk in a random direction and mindlessly blow things up. It's a whole lot of empty space atm. No fun having to get on the horse all the time to look for packs.

Let mounts jump up and down cliffs too. They need to get over their ~realism~ in a world where you murder 100 bears to avenge 1 sick bear. Hell, make horses balance across climbing ropes and slide under walls

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 28, 2023