Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
he needs bodyguards to clear out the bathrooms for him because he doesn't want anyone to know he wears diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
spacex's "bring your own diaper" policy was instituted solely to make elon feel better. hes so sad about it that he has to take dissociatives. its a viscous cycle

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wheeee posted:

self-driving cars only make sense if they’re all networked and in constant communication which, lol, lmao

An easy solution exists just attach several of them together in series and then put them along set routes and schedules. You can make them more efficient by having just one in the front with a more powerful engine and have the rest of the cars only have seats

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spacemang_spliff posted:

Self driving trains would be better and easier

that’s essentially what I’m advocating but you can unlink the cars to stop and go look at a cool tree.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

coconono posted:

FSD on US freeway systems would pretty much end gridlock,

lol

coconono posted:

this is an archaic sentiment. Nothing good ever happens when we reduce people to lovely little pigs packed tightly in death tubes. Mass transportation only works in the combined fantasy lands of free healthcare housing for all. And even then I’d much rather drive myself thank you very much.

That said FSD on a freeway system smart enough to direct the cars means a faster safer freeway system because nowadays people are fuckin bored or yeeted out of their minds on long drives. let the car and road drive for them while they play Xbox. you can even make it a public utility like those city wide e-scooters. Just with special roads above the loving ground where you ride free private self driving cars to facilitate personal affairs across such a grand land as North America.

It’s a solvable problem even by Largely Melty Boy but Musk is instead embracing American construction corruption culture and designing something that will absolutely eat poor people.

lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

coconono posted:

that’s essentially what I’m advocating but you can unlink the cars to stop and go look at a cool tree.

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
fsd cant even stop at a stop sign properly

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beeftweeter posted:

fsd cant even stop at a stop sign properly

no stop signs in the freeway. first problem solved.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lmfao no way, this is like a weak rear end paradol ex or triangle toberlone gimmick right??

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

coconono posted:

I stop signs in the freeway. first problem solved.

What happens when traffic is backed up because there's a reduction in lanes or a crash, or a stalled vehicle, or a busy off ramp or

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xaris posted:

lmfao no way, this is like a weak rear end paradol ex or triangle toberlone gimmick right??

The camel one, I think

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

coconono posted:

this is an archaic sentiment. Nothing good ever happens when we reduce people to lovely little pigs packed tightly in death tubes. Mass transportation only works in the combined fantasy lands of free healthcare housing for all. And even then I’d much rather drive myself thank you very much.

That said FSD on a freeway system smart enough to direct the cars means a faster safer freeway system because nowadays people are fuckin bored or yeeted out of their minds on long drives. let the car and road drive for them while they play Xbox. you can even make it a public utility like those city wide e-scooters. Just with special roads above the loving ground where you ride free private self driving cars to facilitate personal affairs across such a grand land as North America.

It’s a solvable problem even by Largely Melty Boy but Musk is instead embracing American construction corruption culture and designing something that will absolutely eat poor people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Concerning

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

What happens when traffic is backed up because there's a reduction in lanes or a crash, or a stalled vehicle, or a busy off ramp or

None of those things happen with FSD

Eliminate the human element from driving

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

UKJeff posted:

I'll compromise and eliminate the driving element from humanity

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

FSD doing its best to eliminate the human element alright

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

coconono posted:

mad?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i'm yeeted out of my mind

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

coconono posted:

Lol nice probe excuse

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

UKJeff posted:

Teslas eliminate the human elements and turn them into constituent elements

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
With flames

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

this guy has big "older male baby boomer accidentally reinventing the loving machine for the 999999th time but instead of calling it 'the pleasure throne' and marketing at like JAVexpo or whatever he's just prostrating before the elon-creature it's a VERY bad look if you ask me..................

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
twitter couldn't auction off any furniture elon sat on

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
elon challenged that sumo wrestler because he thought he was making fun of his diaper

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
nothing is painted yellow in the tesla factories because it reminds elon that hes incontinent. it all adds up

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A highway of all self driving cars might do the impossible and kill enough people to make Americans care about motor vehicle deaths. Just imagine 2% fatality rates every day.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

coconono posted:

as someone that rides in airplanes for a living, I’d vastly prefer this than the current setup.

no one cares

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Ride In My rear end Hole For A Living poo poo Eater

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I love cars

TO DEATH

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

thetan_guy42 posted:

You can actually read anything in Daniel Day Lewis' voice from There Will Be Blood, no-one can stop you

I'm too busy saying whoopsie daisy in his voice from Gangs of New York

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I fly in one of those single seater prop driven gliders to run errands

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Beeftweeter posted:

spacex's "bring your own diaper" policy

Holy lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

coconono posted:

Can we chain probe this moron until he fucks off? TIA

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
and yes, I am mad

mad I can't make people burst into flames as good as Elon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

nothing is painted yellow in the tesla factories because it reminds elon that hes incontinent. it all adds up

i can't believe this is all true and real

much to consider

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

Most people snort it, and a k hole is not an OD

Cool thanks.

There are seven ODs on the board right now. Three are ketamine.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

Cool thanks.

There are seven ODs on the board right now. Three are ketamine.

Concerning

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Beeftweeter posted:

he hates all the handholding in modern triple a games where everything you can interact with has yellow on it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ohtsam posted:

he hates all the handholding in modern triple a games where everything you can interact with has yellow on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic