Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah shrimp and crab are pretty good

i’m allergic to those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Decided to pick up Dead Cells because ITB is more of a puzzle game where I want mindless action still after Void Bastards, ate poo poo first two runs so I mixed things up by dressing up as Santa Claus then beat bosses on a bridge and a clock tower and got my rear end whooped in a fancy castle. I can't say I'm really sold on it as a game yet but as brainless shooting around using weird weapons experience it's top notch.

Check out Brotato next if you haven't. The mobile version is really fun but I suck at it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
at the part of dragons dogma where you realize you can pick up anyone so i jsut wander the roads picking up random wandering pawns and finding the nearest cliff

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MoceanMelvin/status/1671872443525496832

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

im anti-FF16 now too many brits

Oi bruv innit

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Hatebag posted:

I'm in it for the nanis

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CaptainBeefart posted:

Check out Brotato next if you haven't. The mobile version is really fun but I suck at it.

I've Difficulty 5'd pretty much every Brotato guy except Pacific, Widling, and Arms Dealer. it's actually a pretty easy game. you can win with most bros by either building an dominion income engine build early on and then spiralling out of control with upgrades, or playing into the strengths and getting at least 25+ speed, range, dodge, and HP.

but yeah its a solid twin-stick non-roguelite shoot-em-up action game. good for podcasting

definitely not a mus thave or anything, it's just another game in the vein of Vampire Survivors but with more twin-stick action.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

PantsandCola posted:

i’m allergic to those

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this looks interesting...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/874260/The_Forgotten_City/

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i played some of it but it was pretty intimidating tbh. isnt it a skyrim mod???

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

i played some of it but it was pretty intimidating tbh. isnt it a skyrim mod???

originally a skyrim mod that got adapted into its own game. very narrative-heavy sort of mystery story

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

be warned that it goes at a p sedate pace, so if you're looking for some sort of high-octane experience don't get it. it's mostly a visual novel with walking, with a small dash of combat that really isn't the point of the experience

story's really good though. they put a lot of love into the character development and writing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm bad at it

in addition to hitting l1 don't forget to hit l1 and down on the stick, that dodges everything that hits above the knee and avoids structure damage. well you probably already know that, but whatever

enemies only have so many attacks so eventually you'll learn them, just keep at it. the practice option at the dojo can help too. game's extremely fuckin good

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t won a single run of Brotato since 1.0

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

(spoiler tags just for that one side quest)

Yeah, Clive doesn't feed them to the wolf (they buy another bigger wolf to kill Clive, but the wolf turns on them and kills them instead), but he also makes no effort to help them after hearing the child scream for help and is clearly unbothered by the outcome.

There are definitely parts where I wish you had the option to just murk some assholes, but there's usually a good reason not to do so. In that part you want to stay reasonably undercover, since you're literally in the country whose army Clive deserted. It would be extremely stupid for Clive to start fighting those people in that situation (or even to talk back to them - the last thing he wants is extra scrutiny, since there's always the possibility of him running into some soldier who recognizes him).

The part I'm at now has a certain character I'm really hoping Clive gets to kill, though I'm expecting them to die in some other way. In general it seems like they don't want to show Clive directly murdering non-combatants, even if they're comically evil.

FFXVI: San Andreas

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

I haven’t won a single run of Brotato since 1.0

they made the bullet hell enemy way more annoying by just making GBS threads out projectiles, and added a new much worse run-ending wave ~13-15 boss with these bullet rings that follow you while charging at you. but i've won about 10 difficulty 5 runs so far with 1.0 and probably only whiffed 10, so 50% win rate

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It's pretty good.

I very much enjoyed their way around the "how do you make progress in a time loop?" question. There is a dude when you start each loop who just implicitly trusts you immediately, so you start every loop by going "Ron, go do X, Y, and Z for me while I do new stuff".

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

they made the bullet hell enemy way more annoying by just making GBS threads out projectiles, and added a new much worse run-ending wave ~13-15 boss with these bullet rings that follow you while charging at you. but i've won about 10 difficulty 5 runs so far with 1.0 and probably only whiffed 10, so 50% win rate

yeah that’s pretty much what’s killing all my runs.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

i didn't think forgotten city was very good but i do remember laughing at how stupid it was at points so that's something

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

yeah that’s pretty much what’s killing all my runs.
you mostly want to get close to 20% speed by wave 15 so when you get to the boss you can outrun those stupid ring bullets with impunity and not worry about them. the most important thing is just to not die to the boss even if you can't kill it. sometimes i'll just say gently caress it i ain't killing it with my build yet and run around benny-hill style

if you have enough mob CC, which is easy to do, then staying alive isn't hard in the game with enough Speed

i prioritize harvest or luck early plus +ranged damage, and going in with close to 60 hp, and then try to build up as much speed as reasonable by wave 12. I put very low priority on HP Regen or Lifesteal or Damage %

Xaris has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Jun 28, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Popy posted:

im anti-FF16 now too many brits

Oi bruv innit

the cool Icelandic accents balance it out imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

It would be cool if you start out with skeletons with rusty daggers and as you level up your skeletons get armor and magic and eventually you start summoning bone chariots and maybe like a composite skeleton man made out of dozens of men worth of bones so they have legs with 12 femurs a piece
Not like in diablo 2 where i hosed up my build with too many skeletons and ended up having to kite diablo around his lair with a crossbow for half an hour

Diablo 2's Necromancer has actually gotten better since you've played it last where it's possible to complete at least Nightmare with nothing but points in Summoning

but the real secret is that a Druid Summoner is better than a Necromancer Summoner nowadays because you're not reliant on corpses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i didn't think forgotten city was very good but i do remember laughing at how stupid it was at points so that's something

literally every puzzle solution is to grab something and run but it does own

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the Titan fight in ff16 is the coolest poo poo ever

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Diablo 2's Necromancer has actually gotten better since you've played it last where it's possible to complete at least Nightmare with nothing but points in Summoning

but the real secret is that a Druid Summoner is better than a Necromancer Summoner nowadays because you're not reliant on corpses

Yeah but i wanna run around with the bone boys.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PantsandCola posted:

I like Sifu.

im tempted to give it a shot. try to regain my God Hand.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

battlebit has gone WOKE... linxu or ELSE!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've been playing zelda and i think some of the soundtrack is ripping off parts of this herbie handcock song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3QtLCAPp8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

I've been playing zelda and i think some of the soundtrack is ripping off parts of this herbie handcock song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x3QtLCAPp8

Actually Herbie Hancock is a time traveler and ripped off Zelda

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Actually Herbie Hancock is a time traveler and ripped off Zelda

That's certainly what the album art is suggesting

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's two drunk dudes endlessly punching each other outside the bar in D4 and it's better worldbuilding than about half the sidequests.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

That's certainly what the album art is suggesting

Theres been a lot of evidence to support the theory even before Zelda

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Theres been a lot of evidence to support the theory even before Zelda

Rockit is actually about herbie's adventures in hyrule trying to make robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao that steam got overhauled even more web 3.0 or whatever

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/othatsraspberry/status/1673695038822567937

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao that steam got overhauled even more web 3.0 or whatever

it's so loving lovely right now, i hate it with my life

this poo poo is loving mind numbing, like who the gently caress thought this was a good interface, to have elements pop on the cursor location, hide information behind the pop, and remove information from the loving thing it just popped!? :psyduck:

look how irritating this loving PICK ME poo poo is to scroll through

https://i.imgur.com/ENcOhjx.mp4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
doesn't Steam also have forums?

hmmmm what if it becomes the new social media heart of the internet

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gradenko_2000 posted:

doesn't Steam also have forums?

hmmmm what if it becomes the new social media heart of the internet

the steam forums rule i just got done reading a post from someone talking about how being banned from battlebit for saying the Gamer word is why homophobia exists, and that as a gay man he's concerned about his safety

naturally he's in a bunch of 4chan steam groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

turn off the TV posted:

the steam forums rule i just got done reading a post from someone talking about how being banned from battlebit for saying the Gamer word is why homophobia exists, and that as a gay man he's concerned about his safety

naturally he's in a bunch of 4chan steam groups

he's right