Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CBJSprague24 posted:

That boot licking staffer clearly passed her Trump training course.

"NUH-UH, DEMOCRATS HILLARY EMAILS!"

You joke, but this is basically how life is with a narcissist. You agree they're the bestest, most rightest and smartest person perfectly correct in everything everytime or you're a dogshit backstabbing traitorloser that needs to be attacked and crushed in every possible manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"We need to replace our game show host. Who's the guy who's on like 15 other shows right now?
"Steve Harvey or Chris Hardwick?"
"No."

https://twitter.com/DaveHolmesTV/status/1673741012999585807

:effort:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think it’s a perfect fit for an extremely boring game show

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tiny Timbs posted:

This. Putting Ryan Seacrest in a containment zone for the rest of his natural (and more?) life is probably a net win.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That Works posted:

This. Putting Ryan Seacrest in a containment zone for the rest of his natural (and more?) life is probably a net win.

Will it though? Hasn't he been able to juggle like three or four other shows across TV and radio simultaneously for years now?

Tiny Timbs posted:

:frogout:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Wheel of Fortune apparently films for four days a month, it should not be a huge time commitment.

Excellent hourly pay though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Wheel of Fortune apparently films for four days a month, it should not be a huge time commitment.

Excellent hourly pay though.

This is how Peter Tomarken's agent sold him on the original Press Your Luck. "You work four days a month and make six figures."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Florida sees the woman in Texas who murdered her Uber drive and raises a guy unloading an AR-15 wildly into the night at what he believed was an intruder. Who was in fact a pool cleaner. Whom he had hired to clean his pool.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1673656049142841352

Cleaner was injured by flying glass, but wasn't hit by any rounds.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Pool cleaner will be sued for not finishing the job.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Well now we know stand your ground laws are valid against those you invite.

Vampires, beware.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Florida sees the woman in Texas who murdered her Uber drive and raises a guy unloading an AR-15 wildly into the night at what he believed was an intruder. Who was in fact a pool cleaner. Whom he had hired to clean his pool.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1673656049142841352

Cleaner was injured by flying glass, but wasn't hit by any rounds.

Let me get out my paper bag real quick.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Thank Neptune for that Unzeroed Amazon Red Dot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I can't imagine living my life in that kind of constant fear.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Who wants to start a safe room business to sell to wackos like that? The trick is that there's no way back out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arrath posted:

Who wants to start a safe room business to sell to wackos like that? The trick is that there's no way back out.

I'm in for $100 start up cash.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1673692011864502273?t=3QMNQ24eVbc3zeSKJwMxWg&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

And Kushner wanted to use covid to kill migrants. Stephen not looking so bad now in comparison is he, OP

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ignoring every other horrific detail in that FL story, 30 loving rounds, 0 hits. An entire clipazine, with no results.

He should be charged with reckless endangerment at the very least. Maybe start charging these assholes with other offenses so they stop thinking SYG is a Get Out of Jail Free card.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the whole point is for SYG to be a get out of jail free card

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

I can't imagine living my life in that kind of constant fear.

Didn't zimmerman call cops like a couple hundred times? They're absolutely cowardly and not just morally. A more jittery, panicky lot you'd be hard pressed to name

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Looks like he's retired, so do we have to start calling him Admiral Vergangenheit?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

the whole point is for SYG to be a get out of jail free card

SYG was a loving mistake and should be repealed anywhere it’s a thing. Duty to retreat? I’d be jumping for joy if I found myself in some kind of potentially lethal confrontation and had the opportunity without someone getting hurt or killed. Drawing a weapon of any kind and firing should be the absolute last thing that you do because it means you ran out of any other options, not because you think the pool boy is putting chlorine in your saltwater pool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

https://twitter.com/TightOff/status/1673737403830353923

I don't watch a whole lot of it but, from what I've seen, Mayim sucks on Jeopardy. Ken Jennings is fine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think she's pretty good on Jeopardy. Ken's good too but whenever he shows off I start screeching and throwing beer cans at the TV. Mainly I'm into Jeopardy to see the tech and finance bros get their winning streaks crushed by a mousey librarian.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think she's pretty good on Jeopardy. Ken's good too but whenever he shows off I start screeching and throwing beer cans at the TV.

Trebek was incredibly subtle about “showing off” moments and it was occasionally really funny.

That was after decades of practice though.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

SYG was a loving mistake and should be repealed anywhere it’s a thing. Duty to retreat? I’d be jumping for joy if I found myself in some kind of potentially lethal confrontation and had the opportunity without someone getting hurt or killed. Drawing a weapon of any kind and firing should be the absolute last thing that you do because it means you ran out of any other options, not because you think the pool boy is putting chlorine in your saltwater pool.

yeah we're in total agreement but those laws aren't about self defense and barely pretend to be, they're entirely about rubbing everyone's face in violent white dudes existing outside of the realm of consequences

working as intended.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Trebek was incredibly subtle about “showing off” moments and it was occasionally really funny.

That was after decades of practice though.
Trebek was the GOAT host. He's even worth watching on Classic Concentration, a show well beneath his talents.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bulletsponge13 posted:

Ignoring every other horrific detail in that FL story, 30 loving rounds, 0 hits. An entire clipazine, with no results.

He should be charged with reckless endangerment at the very least. Maybe start charging these assholes with other offenses so they stop thinking SYG is a Get Out of Jail Free card.

For real, how many loving houses and cars did he ventilate because I have trouble believing the number is zero

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Posting this in the correct thread this time:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1673859612116676609

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump is Old Kinderhook confirmed.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Mainly I'm into Jeopardy to see the tech and finance bros get their winning streaks crushed by a mousey librarian.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah that was amazing

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/LLN_Jack/status/1673875691400753152?t=ZdcgW2WAQ7d03La9zVBn9A&s=19 I always am amazed at fire planes.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Either last year or the year before we had a wildfire break out pretty close to the north.

That year I got a really close look at all the planes and helicopters that respond to wildfires. poo poo was wild.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I saw this pass by my suggested feed and :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KCYhULWZ8

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ASAPI posted:

Either last year or the year before we had a wildfire break out pretty close to the north.

That year I got a really close look at all the planes and helicopters that respond to wildfires. poo poo was wild.

A couple years ago, my first idea that the fires were close was coming over the ridge of a valley and seeing a BAE 146 dropping a load of retardant on our place on the other side of the valley.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

joat mon posted:

A couple years ago, my first idea that the fires were close was coming over the ridge of a valley and seeing a BAE 146 dropping a load of retardant on our place on the other side of the valley.

That is nuts.

We heard all the aircraft and then started getting emergency texts from the county. Around the same time we started seeing the smoke to the north. We just happened to have a response team at a nearby airport and they used the reservoir/lake to top off on water.

Thankfully we were upwind from everything and it was moving away from us, but crazy to think that could happen within a 5-10 mile bubble from my home.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
CAS for the community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Current event: flighta are hosed this week, with like 1200 cancellations on Monday and Tuesday.
Hopefully the mess is straightened out by this weekend (it won't be).

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/28/business/air-travel-woes/index.html