Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They should have probably cut at least half of the game out in Final Fantasy 16.

Like the boss fight against Urien, of all things, pretty cool. The two reused boss fights and a linear dungeon leading up to it? Pretty boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

only one controllable character in ff16 :yikes:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

it's a third person action game OP.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smarxist posted:

it's so loving lovely right now, i hate it with my life

this poo poo is loving mind numbing, like who the gently caress thought this was a good interface, to have elements pop on the cursor location, hide information behind the pop, and remove information from the loving thing it just popped!? :psyduck:

look how irritating this loving PICK ME poo poo is to scroll through

https://i.imgur.com/ENcOhjx.mp4

blizzard keeps winning!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the worst part is you can't hit "Ignore" on the pop-ups, in the old days you would just remove everything forever with just the ole right-left

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have over 20k games ignored on Steam

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that's a huge steam library

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

At least you had fun making them

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

he's right

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

also, that's doxxing.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

this poo poo is loving mind numbing, like who the gently caress thought this was a good interface, to have elements pop on the cursor location, hide information behind the pop, and remove information from the loving thing it just popped!? :psyduck:

ur lucky i canot see anything. all black screen. that's the LINUX EXPERIENCE I GUESS...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
playin battlebit tensatown on frontlines mode with 127vs127 is a war is hell simulator

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you're into the whole thing Kingdom games have going on, Kingdom Eighties scratches that itch very well and does some new stuff/has some QoL the old games needed. Still pretty easy on Hard but if you're going for speed and not turtling up and recruiting 10,000 archers it and Cursed are probably a step above Norselands even. I'm more often than not repulsed by nostalgia poo poo and I'm still enjoying it, it's Grounded-style "you're in an 80's movie" so better than Ready Player One stuff

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ive had this discussion before, but the way i interpret "grinding" is when someone plays a game not for the fun of playing the game itself, but as a means to an end, usually to acquire some specific milestone or gear

its possible for two ppl to play the exact same game but only one is grinding while the other is doing it because they enjoy playing the game

I liked Guild Wars because the endgame gear grind was cosmetic.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

smarxist posted:

don't have none of that poo poo. linux (or maybe low performance mode) stays winning

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/gamedevdotcom/status/1674054373792444423 not bad for a single platform release (FF7 did 3.5 million, but there were a lot more PS4s out there)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Good. The game rules

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

drat that’s nasty. PC gamers stay losing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/gamedevdotcom/status/1674054373792444423 not bad for a single platform release (FF7 did 3.5 million, but there were a lot more PS4s out there)

when will people stop falling for this early access trap. 1.0 next year ftw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I for one am shocked there are 3.5 million PS5s

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

People just want a hyped up latest release. The quality isn't as important as enjoying a hot new thing that just came out.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

if no one buys it, the company drops support and it is permanently an early access beta forever. i salute the early adopters who pay more so we can have finished games

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punished milkman posted:

drat that’s nasty. PC gamers stay losing

Lol it's not like any of the console storefronts are any better

PS doesn't have a wishlist, and there's no shopping cart on the Nintendo store

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

How can you have a wish list when there aren't even any games to put on it?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

and none of them let you gift games. the wii let you gift games wtf let me send my friends bad games you jerks

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the ps5 does have a wishlist tho

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

i like on the switch when you are looking at the "on sale" list and buy a game that is like 100 spots down and it took you forever to get there because the switch has no processing power, and when it gives you the option to back out with the b button after your purchase it puts you back at the top of the list instead of the game you were just on so you can just continue on the list

do you *not* want more of my money nintendo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I don't have any of that stuff in my steam ui clearly valve knows who their priority customer is

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

gradenko_2000 posted:

this reminds me of people making GBS threads on the epic game store for not having a shopping cart. how many games are you people buying at once??? restrain yourselves!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I buy 8 at a time, one for each of my eyes to focus on

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

oh poo poo this isn't the spider forum

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gradenko_2000 posted:

PS has a wishlist

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

stop buying so many games at once you cheeseboys, it's not even a holiday sale

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

learn to savor

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sale is tomorrow.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

sale is tomorrow.

I'm buying like 13 games

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

the steam forums rule i just got done reading a post from someone talking about how being banned from battlebit for saying the Gamer word is why homophobia exists, and that as a gay man he's concerned about his safety

naturally he's in a bunch of 4chan steam groups

The Steam forums, being the forum for everyone, is always a complete surprise. Sometimes you get a person asking for help and getting that help faster than anywhere else on the net, sometimes that same type of question gets people incredibly mad. Its like logging into random IRC servers back in the 90s, I love it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol you read the steam forums

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

what's next reading user reviews, perverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Good. The game rules

i'm close to 75% of the way through because i've done a bunch of the side quests and the immediate reaction is that i'd rank it 4th. that's not the tallest ask since half the games in the series are average at best

7 > 10 > 8 > 16 > 5 > 6 > 4 , some order of 1, 2, 3, 9, and 15 as they all have their own problems > 12. 8 and 10 are more or less interchangeable in the order for different reasons. i never finished 13 but at least the world is interesting in theory and not a retread generic fantasy realm, so i'd probably still put it right below 4. i need to actually get through it at some point.

11 and 14 are hard to put in. 11 has problems for its era and barrier to entry but it's been around for over 20 years and had some interesting design with regards to subclasses and combat. shadowbringers was legitimately very good and i didn't bother with endwalker but a lot of the other expansions bored me, although they've made quality of life improvements since. i played og 14 for a hot second though and it truly was utter dogshit .

the thing with 16 is that it's loving long by final fantasy standards and probably has more cutscenes than any single player game ever made, so it's not something i would rush to play through again in the context of doing a hard mode for trophies and skipping cutscenes, but the spectacle really is matched by few other games. there is some dumb padding, even if it's not as bad as what ff7r did (though i think 7r is the better game because of its treatment of the source material and the combat is the best of any rpg i've ever played), but you get to the next eikon fight and it's all just utterly absurd in the best way.