Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

cool starry bra

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

More allegory of the cave memes please.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I need more opinions about how sticky keys messed up your video game once 16 years ago and you will not ever get over it ever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

To appeal to zoomers, it will now be known as thiccy keys

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Where is man vs food?

I know, the Food Network Channel 38

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

Where is man vs food?

I know, the Food Network Channel 38

Travel Channel actually. Fake fans begone.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I'm all for this gen-x erasure.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I thought the boomers were the ones who were leaded

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

CopperHound posted:

This chart is implying that you, inexplicably, have decided to start having lead everywhere again. Is that correct?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CopperHound posted:

To be fair a lot of the older folks in that chart are already dead from lead poisoning.

As a :corsair: Gen X'er I'm all about more Gen X erasure.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Phosphine posted:

This chart is implying that you, inexplicably, have decided to start having lead everywhere again. Is that correct?
no, you're reading it backwards I think

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I’m not even sure what the y axis is supposed to be. I think it’s supposed to be, if you’re in the top 50 percentile wrt lead in your blood, you correspond to the color halfway up the chart for your age?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jothan posted:

I’m not even sure what the y axis is supposed to be. I think it’s supposed to be, if you’re in the top 50 percentile wrt lead in your blood, you correspond to the color halfway up the chart for your age?

The y axis is percentage of the population, and each column splits the 100% into 7 concentrations of lead.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jothan posted:

yeah? The actual data is just the percentage of the population that falls into each bucket (the size of the color bands) but because they're stacked in order they do effectively work like that as percentiles

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

RareAcumen posted:

https://twitter.com/wildtiktokss/status/1673664731247263745

They're not saying 9/11 bc, they're saying because

i dont think i could ever forget such ruthless memes, if they existed

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

projecthalaxy posted:

Travel Channel actually. Fake fans begone.

Yet another thing I'm perfectly fine being wrong about because I don't have actual knowledge of

:)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

Yet another thing I'm perfectly fine being wrong about because I don't have actual knowledge of

:)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Man V Food was basically just watching a guy die in slow motion

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Adam Richman had to stop participating in the challenges under the directions of his doctor

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can confirm, my nieces are all about "jifts beneath the christmas spike" and "OBLITERATION"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mr. Crow posted:

So this meme is like some kind of tribute to the hypothetical mean 9/11 memes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Personally, while I recognize the volume challenges were also unwise its the spice challenges that always made me cringe on Man Vs Food like theyd bring him five wings covered in bear mace and broken glass and it'd be just 6 minutes of pained grunting as he slowly melted his esophagus for a cheap shirt

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This is why you always eat the fries first.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

projecthalaxy posted:

Personally, while I recognize the volume challenges were also unwise its the spice challenges that always made me cringe on Man Vs Food like theyd bring him five wings covered in bear mace and broken glass and it'd be just 6 minutes of pained grunting as he slowly melted his esophagus for a cheap shirt

And it was a great time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Man V Food was basically just watching a guy die in slow motion

I just looked it up and the guy was working out and drank tons of water and fasted during the filmings to stay alive, but was really depressed, then stopped competitive eating and dropped 60 pounds. he took all this physical and psychic damage to get a career going in tv and it worked! worth it!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The later seasons where it was just Richman being driven around the country in a man vs food themes tour bus then appearing somewhere and MCing 5 other people eating 100 pancakes was fun.

The reboot with Other Man wasn't.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

good the zoomers are in the monkey cheese phase

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yeah in twenty years they'll be cringing at that the way we now cringe at epic roflcopters.

Kinda feel happy for them having a good time in the moment though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mr. Crow posted:

I cannot hear Enya's Only Time without expecting Jakety Sax to start up immediately.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

Not just zoomers, there was an entire monkey cheese movie that people won't shut up about in everything everywhere all at once.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah in twenty years they'll be cringing at that the way we now cringe at epic roflcopters.

Kinda feel happy for them having a good time in the moment though.

I look forward to seeing what incomprehensible absurdist horrors the memes of the next generation become

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol oof

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

i own every Bionicle posted:

I look forward to seeing what incomprehensible absurdist horrors the memes of the next generation become

You forgot another one with 100%:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHRa64sDY

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ranbo das posted:

Not just zoomers, there was an entire monkey cheese movie that people won't shut up about in everything everywhere all at once.

i wouldn't call that monkey cheese

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

Eh, don't worry about it. They're just doing the goon thing where they make sure people know they didn't enjoy a popular thing. Anyway, I wish people would shut up about fromsoft games already.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Eh, don't worry about it. They're just doing the goon thing where they make sure people know they didn't enjoy a popular thing. Anyway, I wish people would shut up about fromsoft games already.

I’m too good to like anything at all :smug:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Large Testicles posted:

Monkeycheese is like hipster or millennial it just means thing i dont like

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Do you expect me to believe a monkey made all that cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The cheese in the meme is pretty clearly colby jack.