Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

skipdogg posted:

Which military base are you near? Fort Jackson?

Shaw :unsmigghh:

Fort Jackson is about an hour away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm in San Antonio... there seems to be a correlation between Military personnel and V8 Dodge vehicles....

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

skipdogg posted:

I'm in San Antonio... there seems to be a correlation between Military personnel and V8 Dodge vehicles....

GiP posters could tell you stories.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

Also there's an adult film actress named Brooklyn Grey. So you don't have to Google this at work like I just did.

So there is 🥵

Sab669 posted:

I don't know why Audi makes greens other than their Sonoma Green :shrug::

Hard disagree. My Q5 in District Green looks amazing (tho not gonna lie, Sonoma Green looks great too - tho probably a better fit for cars vs a giant SUV).

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Also a correlation between snow and RWD. I love, love, love the way RWD feels but just gently caress it in snow. Not worth it unless I get rich enough to have a hobby car and a place to keep it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

RWD + snow tires is just fine, great even

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Hard disagree. My Q5 in District Green looks amazing (tho not gonna lie, Sonoma Green looks great too - tho probably a better fit for cars vs a giant SUV).

Ah I forgot about that, I've seen one of those in passing a while ago and remember liking it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Eyud posted:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

I rented a blue charger last week, and it has to be the worst automatic transmission I have ever driven. Kept searching for gears and downshifting, not double-clutching like it should.

Anyway, that's my review. Also it was too big and the "shaker" hood scoop was obnoxious.

Yeah what's funny and that I forgot to mention is that our rental was a Charger as well, fire engine red with Mass plates on it, nice and inconspicuous for the area :v:

We originally had a Camry reserved but of course they didn't have one available, so it was the charger or a Kia. First thing I asked was if it had the V8 and of course it did not.

The transmission was awful. Other than that it actually wasn't bad at all and was a pretty comfortable highway cruiser. Did well on gas too. The fake shaker hood was weird but didn't really bother me.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Eyud posted:

Correct. I'd personally rather have RWD on snow tires than AWD on mediocre all seasons.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

skipdogg posted:

Finance plans longer than their enlistment, that's the spirit!

If I was going to get an Audi RS3 I would get it in Kyalami Green because it would be wrong not to. The Python Yellow is neat too.

I haven't seen it in person but Cadillac's Electric Blue looks snazzy in the configurator

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Eyud posted:

Global warming is a myth. It stopped snowing in my area the moment I sold my Corvette and got a rwd daily driver with a set of blizzaks for winter.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iirc, the transmission sucks because Dodge decided to write their own software to save money rather than purchasing it from ZF.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dissss posted:

It carries over to Polestar too. Stupid to have a Polestar brand that doesn't even offer the signature blue.

I am reliably informed that there's at least one on the cards to be offered in 'light blue'.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

davebo posted:

Global warming is a myth. It stopped snowing in my area the moment I sold my Corvette and got a rwd daily driver with a set of blizzaks for winter.
So another corvette?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cage posted:

So another corvette?

I should have mentioned a baby was the reason for selling the Corvette in the first place. CPS doesn't like when you just stuff 'em in the trunk.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Supercars styling stretched to fit an SUV isn't a good look imo. 5500 ish lbs too apparently.

https://twitter.com/stevenewing/status/1674034446633168900?t=4Ovobb2W5wUVBVLxuhGjRw&s=19

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I am reliably informed that there's at least one on the cards to be offered in 'light blue'.

Rad. That blue was a big selling point when I bought my ride.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Supercars styling stretched to fit an SUV isn't a good look imo. 5500 ish lbs too apparently.

https://twitter.com/stevenewing/status/1674034446633168900?t=4Ovobb2W5wUVBVLxuhGjRw&s=19

I haven't seen a car that looks like it's having an allergic reaction in a while. That thing looks like it's suffering.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What is that three-pronged ugliness going on on the back lol

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat, they forgot to add lightness.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

How much longer is the car supply chain crisis going to persist? Most dealer lots especially at places like Toyota are still empty with orders taking 6 months from purchase to delivery and prices being quite high.

I'm wondering if at this point there isn't a supply chain crisis and this is being done deliberately because it's more profitable than trying to win sales on volume. One thing's for sure I noticed that service centers have been busier than ever and it's left me wondering if people are maintaining their cars to last longer now that it's so expensive/difficult to get a new one.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kraftwerk posted:

How much longer is the car supply chain crisis going to persist? Most dealer lots especially at places like Toyota are still empty with orders taking 6 months from purchase to delivery and prices being quite high.

I'm wondering if at this point there isn't a supply chain crisis and this is being done deliberately because it's more profitable than trying to win sales on volume. One thing's for sure I noticed that service centers have been busier than ever and it's left me wondering if people are maintaining their cars to last longer now that it's so expensive/difficult to get a new one.

It's highly brand / model specific right now. Jeep has tons of inventory across everything, they're doing deep discounting on Grand Wagoneers because nobody wants them. It doesn't help that these are the three basest trims:

Anyway, there's no supply chain crisis, in fact we have more than 2 years supply of new Jeep Renegades:
https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1663975502946680865

You're just talking about some of the most in demand vehicles of any type. I've been trying to see if the Kia Carnival would be a decent car, but I haven't ever seen once because they sell before they hit the lot and a dealer hasn't ever had one for me to crawl around in.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Interesting take on vortex generators

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

drat, they forgot to add lightness.

I was about to say, is that dam rated for the axle weight of that thing?

When the Renegade first came out, i posted a picture in here of a $38k sticker on an optioned up one and we laughed. Now the base model starts at $38,090 here.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

To be fair, the $38k 2015 Renegade would cost $49,450 in 2023 dollars.

I had one as a rental. Didn't mind it. It felt Honda Element-y.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Despite the Canadian dollar droping from par to ~0.70 vs USD, the official GOC only puts it at $47,013 and it can still be optioned up to $47,125.

Granted the old one had a the 2.4 n/a world engine and the new one is a 1.3 turbo/9 speed.

Still, the base Hornet GT is $40,190 with the 2.0T, AWD, and Italian passion so i would imagine they're going to sit on those renegades for a long time.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 28, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Renting it is one thing, owning it is another, no way I'm ever gonna willingly own a Fiat.

That MSRP is as much as our Avalon Hybrid was LOL

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a used jeep from a jeep dealership last month. When I got to the dealership the lot was totally full, the sales guy said they had 3 additional storage parking lots and they were full too.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Fantastic color, at least.

But if you told me that was sporty version of the upcoming Chevy Blazer EV, I would believe it.

And just lol at Stellantis pricing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

phosdex posted:

I bought a used jeep from a jeep dealership last month. When I got to the dealership the lot was totally full, the sales guy said they had 3 additional storage parking lots and they were full too.

Before the shortages most dealerships each had 2-3 overflow lots here. The GM dealers still rarely have even a half-full lot.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Posted it in the BMW thread, but as a new car it is relevant here too!

Sab669 posted:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44359795/2024-bmw-x1-m35i-specs/

quote:

Turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four with 312 hp and 295 pound-feet of torque.

A seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are standard, and the M35i also gains a limited-slip differential. Adaptive dampers are standard equipment, and BMW's M compound brakes are optional.

The 2024 X1 M35i will go on sale in October, starts at $50,895 - and that will rise significantly with added option packages such as the various driver-assistance packages, the M Sport Professional package, and the Premium package.

Honeslty ~4.5s to 60, relatively small, doesn't look terrible, I hate to say how much this would appeal to me if I were looking for something new :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Was curious:

X1

Wheelbase: 106
length: 177.2
Width: 72.6
Height: 64.6

G01 X3

Wheelbase: 112.8
Length: 185.4
Width: 74.4
Height: 66.0

E53 X5

Wheelbase: 111
Length: 183.7
Wiedth: 73.7
Height: 67.2

G05 X5

Wheelbase: 117.1
Length: 193.8
Width: 78.9
Height: 68.7

So the original X5 slots right in between the current X1 and X3 for size.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 28, 2023

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

SUV isn't a good look

FTFY

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Posted it in the BMW thread, but as a new car it is relevant here too!

Honeslty ~4.5s to 60, relatively small, doesn't look terrible, I hate to say how much this would appeal to me if I were looking for something new :v:

I like it, going to need to speck this too 60k I bet to get ventilated seats.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's an actually good SUV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl36x6mGKxE

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

I don't think it has nearly the interior volume like the element

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

My niece will be 3 next year. Maybe I should pick one of these up for her.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

Was curious:

X1

Wheelbase: 106
length: 177.2
Width: 72.6
Height: 64.6

G01 X3

Wheelbase: 112.8
Length: 185.4
Width: 74.4
Height: 66.0

E53 X5

Wheelbase: 111
Length: 183.7
Wiedth: 73.7
Height: 67.2

G05 X5

Wheelbase: 117.1
Length: 193.8
Width: 78.9
Height: 68.7

So the original X5 slots right in between the current X1 and X3 for size.

As someone with an old house and an old garage, this enrages me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

My niece will be 3 next year. Maybe I should pick one of these up for her.

From what I remember the entire run of them sold in like 15 minutes. It's a shame, they deserve to be sold in bigger numbers. Imagine being a kid and seeing this toy rolling around town, you'd be so hype. :kimchi: