Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I go into the bathroom and you just hear from within clackaclackaclackaclackapsssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my best friend shits like three or four times a day. that's too much, right?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rappaport posted:

Mods and idiot kings, I beg of you, this needs to be the thread title

Not a title we deserve, but a title we need

you can just report the post and ask the mods to change the title

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think the healthy range is between 3x/day and 1x/3days, so your friend may be fine or may not be

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

you can just report the post and ask the mods to change the title

I could, but it would not be nearly as fun (in this case), and look, our wondrous over-lords deigned to respond to my request in the positive.

If, you know, rapid-fire sphincter action can be considered a positive, but to each their own

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm a beneficent king

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I remember this was on a Friday and the next Monday one of our teachers brought in a taped VHS of the chase and we watched it because it was the last week of school and nobody cared anymore.

What a weird time the early 90's were.

The phrase "White Ford Bronco" is still stuck in my mind almost 30 years later.

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1671967405608771584

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm a burger king

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
If one were able to aerosol poo poo, they could wear a skirt without underwear and utilize a novel biological self defense technique. Learn from the noble skunk and the crafty squid.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

BRJurgis posted:

If one were able to aerosol poo poo, they could wear a skirt without underwear and utilize a novel biological self defense technique. Learn from the noble skunk and the crafty squid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0o6lVOyC4

Not aerosol format, but evidently experts seem to think just a chunk is good enough for a defense mechanism!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yo stone cold whats up, how r u doing homegirl

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

2020 is such a long time ago. my body has since evolved into a series of interlocking rings that can only be undone by a high priest (of any religion)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

toilet bowls shining pristine as the full moon

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I remember watching video from a former yakuza who said that one of his first assignments was toilet cleaning duty and one day he didn't really put 100% into it and told his boss that he was done and his boss just went "oh, really?" and then walked over and licked the top of the bowl before standing up straight and looking him in the eye

this yakuza said that after that he felt bad and always made sure the toilet was spotless thereafter

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i just think of it like i'm playing space invaders but instead of aliens it's poo stains

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Tesseraction posted:

I remember watching video from a former yakuza who said that one of his first assignments was toilet cleaning duty and one day he didn't really put 100% into it and told his boss that he was done and his boss just went "oh, really?" and then walked over and licked the top of the bowl before standing up straight and looking him in the eye

this yakuza said that after that he felt bad and always made sure the toilet was spotless thereafter
lol that guy just secretly loved eating poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hey I've played the yakuza games, that's probably the least weird boss in the business if so

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i also clean offices in a cop-adjacent field and i know this isn't a novel observation but jesus christ the amount of candy these people eat

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

a strange fowl posted:

toilet bowls shining pristine as the full moon

You know the Moon is dusty as gently caress, right? And it's got all sorts of debris on it from being naked and alone in the Solar System for a few billion years. The Moon wishes it were as shiny as a toilet bowl.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Does the moon have any pee on it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
yeah

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Rappaport posted:

You know the Moon is dusty as gently caress, right? And it's got all sorts of debris on it from being naked and alone in the Solar System for a few billion years. The Moon wishes it were as shiny as a toilet bowl.
drat i-

Pirate Radar posted:

Does the moon have any pee on it
-see this is what i meant. pristine of pee

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
no, moon landings usually leave trash behind, including human waste

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

okay okay the toilet bowl was cleaner than the moon. clean beyond compare, as immaculate as the conception. the moon also has an american flag on it which makes the whole thing trash

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 28, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a strange fowl posted:

as immaculate as the conception

so your saying one of the astronauts had a crafty one on the moon

and then managed to get it out the suit

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

a strange fowl posted:

okay okay the toilet bowl was cleaner than the moon. clean beyond compare, as immaculate as the conception. the moon also has an american flag on it which makes the whole thing trash

This is a good point, American flags are awful. But. The Moon also has this

and since Richard Nixon, who did nothing wrong, is no longer around, your toilet bowls can't have Nixon's autograph on them. I think the Moon might still win this fight.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
One of my co-workers is asking how long you should wait after getting married before you can have a discussion with your husband about cutting his son (your step-son) out of the will and making sure that if there were ever any tragedy, that all of the their assets would go to her like in a normal marriage.

(She phrased it nicer than that, but that is essentially what she was asking.)

Her husband apparently took it poorly and they have been married for 3 years, which she felt was long enough.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Lol
Woops

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

avs I need some tips on surviving my entire country being on fire. How do Australians handle all this smoke?

e: almost 500 active fires with 200+ being considered out of control. The smoke is apparently going to reach the UK at some point today.

e2: shits wild
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/27/1184494482/smoke-canada-wildfire-europe-air

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 28, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

nice try but we voted leave for a reason

your smoke can go to fracne

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

here men from earth first dropped rear end upon the moon

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Furnaceface posted:

avs I need some tips on surviving my entire country being on fire. How do Australians handle all this smoke?

e: almost 500 active fires with 200+ being considered out of control. The smoke is apparently going to reach the UK at some point today.

e2: shits wild
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/27/1184494482/smoke-canada-wildfire-europe-air
:( all you can do is endure and wear an n95, and remember this will only happen every few years or until all the trees are gone and replaced with giant fungi as mandated in the divine plan

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
At least we have multiple reasons to stock and wear n95s. It's a value add

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

a strange fowl posted:

the moon also has an american flag on it, which makes the whole thing trash

if it's any consolation, the flag on the moon has been bleached pure white by decades of uninterrupted solar radiation.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One of my co-workers is asking how long you should wait after getting married before you can have a discussion with your husband about cutting his son (your step-son) out of the will and making sure that if there were ever any tragedy, that all of the their assets would go to her like in a normal marriage.

(She phrased it nicer than that, but that is essentially what she was asking.)

Her husband apparently took it poorly and they have been married for 3 years, which she felt was long enough.

It's a negative number. You should discuss it before you get married. JFC.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

thatbastardken posted:

if it's any consolation, the flag on the moon has been bleached pure white by decades of uninterrupted solar radiation.
actually that is consoling, thank you. the sun conquers all

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

not australian but get KN95 masks or a painter's mask. the latter is more limiting but more comfortable.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
australians would use a p2 mask 🤣

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

a strange fowl posted:

actually that is consoling, thank you. the sun conquers all

If it helps, in a few years' time* the Sun will expand, and like a loving mother grab the Moon, Earth and other inner planets into her gentle embrace, burning every trace of humanity from existence. Hell yeah, Sun!

Well, there's some space junk we've launched out of the system, but those hunks of metal will degrade over time too. Sorry, robot buddies.

*billions of years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

in the scale of eternity, all we were was dust