Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

never even heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

from the comparison video in that article the changes are so minor I don’t know why they even bothered, especially when the game is a decade old at this point. A character being sexualized marginally less (but still plenty sexualized) isn’t gonna change anyone’s minds if they weren’t into the game’s hyper-sexualized aesthetic before. Literally the only people who will give a poo poo are that people that are mad at it.

we're all now talking about a decade old game. seems to have a good effect

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This came out last year?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

if you don't want your players to cheat, try making your game and multiplayer protocol completely unhackable. loving morons

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what is a pvpve extraction shooter

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

from the comparison video in that article the changes are so minor I don’t know why they even bothered, especially when the game is a decade old at this point. A character being sexualized marginally less (but still plenty sexualized) isn’t gonna change anyone’s minds if they weren’t into the game’s hyper-sexualized aesthetic before. Literally the only people who will give a poo poo are that people that are mad at it.

if you own Skullgirls on your steam account, please leave a positive review for it supporting their decisions. the worst people in the world have managed to take it from mostly positive to mostly negative recently, people who are literally angry they edited sprites to remove red armbands and nazi-style imagery from a bad guy faction, gave Filia a skirt extension so she's no longer flashing her panties with every move, and removed a voice pack that had some real sketchy lines in it.

even if you've never played or care about the game(neither have the people leaving negatives), leaving a quick positive review to counteract the shut-in garbage review bombing it for these changes would be cool. anything to deny hateful incel garbage even a single win in this world is a worthy endeavor, and giving the devs support for cleaning up their game is a good thing.

I think these changes have come about mostly due to the ouster of Mike Z, noted creepy racist who ran the company so badly and harassed employees so much that the entire company told him to get out, and Alex Ahad, who created the character designs and clearly had some capital P Problems with women

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

How many dead battle royale games are there gonna be before people stop trying to make new ones

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The battleroyale boom is even worse than the moba boom.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I don't have skullgirls in my steam account and I never will

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

if you own Skullgirls on your steam account, please leave a positive review for it supporting their decisions. the worst people in the world have managed to take it from mostly positive to mostly negative recently, people who are literally angry they edited sprites to remove red armbands and nazi-style imagery from a bad guy faction, gave Filia a skirt extension so she's no longer flashing her panties with every move, and removed a voice pack that had some real sketchy lines in it.

even if you've never played or care about the game(neither have the people leaving negatives), leaving a quick positive review to counteract the shut-in garbage review bombing it for these changes would be cool. anything to deny hateful incel garbage even a single win in this world is a worthy endeavor, and giving the devs support for cleaning up their game is a good thing.

I think these changes have come about mostly due to the ouster of Mike Z, noted creepy racist who ran the company so badly and harassed employees so much that the entire company told him to get out, and Alex Ahad, who created the character designs and clearly had some capital P Problems with women

syq

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Game was pretty bad, I put a few hours into it and lost interest. Just didn't do anything particularly well and the competitive balance was terrible.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nichael posted:

It's a battle royale with more convoluted inventory management

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

It's a battle royale with more convoluted inventory management

oh sounds wow sounds bad

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

To be honest every PVPVE game should be shut down because they're always cookie cutter crap.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Nichael posted:

a tarkov-like

couldn’t tell you what a tarkov is though

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

FPS where you create a loadout with your loot and spawn into a 20-minute raid with other players competing for more loot against AI opponents. If you can extract without being killed by other players or AI, then you keep the loot for another raid. If something kills you or time runs out before you can get to an exit, you lose your loot.

You tend to die in a small number of hits, depending on armor/headshots and how much healing gear you've got.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I hope there's more meaningless and convoluted genres soon

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nichael posted:

oh sounds wow sounds bad

that's where you're wrong. it's actually good. the convoluted inventory accentuates the misery you were already experiencing, heightening it to new levels

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

alarumklok posted:

that's where you're wrong. it's actually good. the convoluted inventory accentuates the misery you were already experiencing, heightening it to new levels

will this suffering give me penance for my sins?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I should play Marauders again

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nichael posted:

will this suffering give me penance for my sins?

no, there is no saving you. the delaware is terminal

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

a tarkov-like

couldn’t tell you what a tarkov is though

Tarkov is like being crucified and is the only way to experience the pain our lord Jesus went through for our sins.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nichael posted:

Minor Zelda quest spoilers, so avoid this if you don't want to read that.

The new Zelda has a quest where the only solution as far as I can tell is to get thrown in jail. And then the only way to get thrown in jail is by creeping on the morning class of Gerudo children three times in a row. Eventually, the teacher calls the guards on you.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong regarding that being the only solution? Because it's a little :yikes:.

Buck Wildman posted:

buddy, you couldn't have just chucked a vase at a guard. explore your options for gently caress's sake

e: I found a far more normal solution in less than a minute of googling lol

the hardest ive laughed in cspam in years

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

for the record nichael if I actually were ik of this thread you would've been my first victim for this

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I can't wait for the Derail Valley update holy poo poo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I was gonna try The Cycle but the cheater talk scared me away p fast. Tarkov is stupid popular so it's a constant arms race between the devs and cheaters, and the frustration is compounded significantly when you do all the complicated inventory/loadout bullshit and some dude one taps you while flying 75 feet in the air

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Grey Fox posted:

FPS where you create a loadout with your loot and spawn into a 20-minute raid with other players competing for more loot against AI opponents. If you can extract without being killed by other players or AI, then you keep the loot for another raid. If something kills you or time runs out before you can get to an exit, you lose your loot.

You tend to die in a small number of hits, depending on armor/headshots and how much healing gear you've got.

lol this completely misses the essence of what extraction shooters are.

an extraction shooter is just the latest iteration of the exact same dogshit fad chasing that resulted in five million dead battle royale games. they've got a different name and a slightly different coat of paint but they're trying to break into the same market and are equally uninspired attempts at creating some new always online gaas trash that publishers hope will become the next fortnite. they just haven't accepted that the gaas battle royale genre is already at capacity yet like they did with mmos and mobas, but I'm sure that as soon as the next actually original and popular game comes out nobody will ever make an extraction shooter again

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

for the record nichael if I actually were ik of this thread you would've been my first victim for this

that's fair, i deserve it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

actually maybe amazon will try making an extraction shooter in 10 years

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

actually maybe amazon will try making an extraction shooter in 10 years

that mmo they made extracted your gpu from its pc tower

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mfw my video game posting misses the essence

:negative:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
that genre *dismissive hand gesture* peaked with *names first game of any genre that comes to mind* Cliffy B’s magnum opus LawBreakers

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

brotato is an extraction shooter where you suck up as much gunk as you can before leaving the map every 30 seconds

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Honestly Bungie might make a good extraction shooter if they get rid of the loot management poo poo for Marathon

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tarkov is a money laundering "game"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Whirling posted:

Honestly Bungie might make a good extraction shooter if they get rid of the loot management poo poo for Marathon

The loot management is half the fun of a good extraction shooter.

The division loot extraction game has been Mia since announcement.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The division loot extraction game has been Mia since announcement.
the closed beta began yesterday

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

that genre *dismissive hand gesture* peaked with *names first game of any genre that comes to mind* Cliffy B’s magnum opus Radical Heights

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

the closed beta began yesterday

Maybe ubisoft should have talked about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i wrote off brotato because the name is very bad but it’s actually pretty fun. Thanks thread