Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Foo Diddley posted:

it goes: talking stage -> stalking stage -> ??? -> profit!

rstalking, maybe qrstalking if he's playing it slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

the tstalking stage goes on a bit oolong for me though

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It seems like “talking stage” is an actual thing that non-boomers (I’m calling all of us itt boomers) use in 2023? Just googling for "talking stage" relationship comes up with a bunch of links from random websites and magazines mentioning that it’s a new label that “young people” use.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/talking-stage-dating-tiktok-b2009626.html

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 28, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Who the gently caress refers to themselves as a class clown past high school?

People who's identity is being a poo poo human being.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Just googling for "talking stage" relationship

you're a braver goon than I

:patriot:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Sitting toilets in men’s rooms outside of your own home or your clean friend’s place are some of the most vile nightmares in existence please just teach your kid to aim or you are putting him in serious danger

As a person who has cleaned plenty of public toilets: lol if you think the women's are any better (if anything they might be worse)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We're specifically talking about men's restrooms, is there a need to be all "But women's restrooms are also bad and probably way worse"?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Bonster posted:

AITA for running over the kids’ plant garden several times?

Someone help me please I don't understand

quote:

I (25F) live in a highly populated city.

quote:

This car is significantly bigger than my last and extremely hard to park,

YTA, ban large vehicles from urban areas unless they're actually loving needed (deliveries, service vehicles etc)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Andrast posted:

As a person who has cleaned plenty of public toilets: lol if you think the women's are any better (if anything they might be worse)

Yes but I imagine there’s probably less of a risk of the toilet seats being straight up torn off etc

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

YTA, ban large vehicles from urban areas unless they're actually loving needed (deliveries, service vehicles etc)

Yeah that was my thought, like I assume even if a new vehicle was non-negotiable, there were probably smaller options available? Why would you deliberately get a larger car if you already know that your parking situation is annoying? I live in a city where parking is never even that bad (comparatively), and I'd still never willingly drive a larger car than a sedan except as like, a one-off necessity.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Johnny Truant posted:

you're a braver goon than I

:patriot:

I mean I’m never gonna google for “trench foot color” like that other goon did but I figured “talking stage” was harmless lol.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Yeah that was my thought, like I assume even if a new vehicle was non-negotiable, there were probably smaller options available? Why would you deliberately get a larger car if you already know that your parking situation is annoying? I live in a city where parking is never even that bad (comparatively), and I'd still never willingly drive a larger car than a sedan except as like, a one-off necessity.

He lives in an apartment with a presa canario and cane corso (per comments).

This is not a person who makes good decisions.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My friend has a coworker who got a truck (for reasons no one can understand, he was just all :confused: when I asked) and she actually had to ask him to park for her the first few times at their workplace because she couldn't figure it out. He showed me a photo and her car really looks ridiculous. Just unnecessary. It'd be even worse if she lived in the city here.

I think the neighbors should probably find a different place for their plant project as well,
— having it basically on top of a parking space seems bizarre — but OP definitely shares some of the blame for getting a huge car they can't control properly.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maybe it's also because they're marrying people like this blast from the past:

My (31M) wife (33F) says it’s unattractive when I sit to pee.

He should tell her he appreciates the commentary on how hung he is, but they don't dangle anywhere near long enough for it to matter.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pope Corky the IX posted:

We're specifically talking about men's restrooms, is there a need to be all "But women's restrooms are also bad and probably way worse"?

It always has to be said when public restrooms come up but I gotta say I vehemently disagree with that statement. I've cleaned bathrooms for YEARS at various places and the mens is always the worst. The mens restrooms are more disgusting. When I cleaned gym locker rooms the womens definitely had more garbage just scattered about, makeup debris, water bottles, paper towels all over the goddamn place, but the men are like, making GBS threads into the nonfunctioning toilet until it overflows and making piss-mache sculpture. The women are making elaborate towel barriers so their rear end doesn't touch the public toilet seat, but the men are spitting loogies on the floor and somehow washing their hands in a way that leaves the sink covered in black grime.

so here's my loving :biotruths:, womens restrooms are messy but mens are loving filthy.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Boris Galerkin posted:

It seems like “talking stage” is an actual thing that non-boomers (I’m calling all of us itt boomers) use in 2023? Just googling for "talking stage" relationship comes up with a bunch of links from random websites and magazines mentioning that it’s a new label that “young people” use.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/talking-stage-dating-tiktok-b2009626.html

I haven't 'dated' in 20 years and it's even obvious to me that 'the talking stage' refers to the initial portion of a courtship where you're just talking all the time and getting a feel for each other. Like when people are so into each other they'll be on the phone all night with one another, but still haven't bit the bullet and began dating.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Bonster posted:

He lives in an apartment with a presa canario and cane corso (per comments).

This is not a person who makes good decisions.

lol holy poo poo, aren't those dogs like, extremely dangerous if not well-trained?

e: Also I think with most people in my general age group (30s), talking on the phone is like, a step beyond sex, most of us are super weird about phone calls.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I haven't 'dated' in 20 years and it's even obvious to me that 'the talking stage' refers to the initial portion of a courtship where you're just talking all the time and getting a feel for each other. Like when people are so into each other they'll be on the phone all night with one another, but still haven't bit the bullet and began dating.

I thought the point of contention was the redditor calling it a “stage” and goons thinking it was an incel thing/phrase. Google tells me it’s just a new label Gen-Z or whatever are using.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

lol holy poo poo, aren't those dogs like, extremely dangerous if not well-trained?

e: Also I think with most people in my general age group (30s), talking on the phone is like, a step beyond sex, most of us are super weird about phone calls.

afaik they are very specific large guard dog breeds that are absolutely in no way suited for apartment living whether they are trained or not

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

wheatpuppy posted:

File this one under "what the actual gently caress":

WIBTA if I wore made a fat suit and wore it sometimes when my boyfriend used to be fat and might find it offensive?

quote:

I enjoy seeing people's reactions to my antics, it's an addiction.
Holy poo poo, I’ve known people like this but have never heard someone just… say it?

Re bathroom chat: women’s public restrooms fall into this horrible cycle where some women think if their rear end touches the toilet seat they will contract swamp butt, so they hover over (and subsequently piss allover) the seat. Then the next woman builds an elaborate barricade out of multiple seat liners and hovers, pissing all over the liners and leaving them for the next victim.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

These types of people will justify their purchases based solely on those “one-off necessities” that they definitely, totally need to do all the time lol

Something like a full third of American pickup drivers use their truck bed one time a year or less

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

idiotsavant posted:

afaik they are very specific large guard dog breeds that are absolutely in no way suited for apartment living whether they are trained or not

They are a very large protection breed, but if the owner is informed & makes an effort to keep up with training and exercising their dog they can be appropriate for apartments. But since most people don't do that, I assume OP is a jackass who wanted a cool tough dog and now mostly just locks it in a crate for 7+ hours a day. Dog will be eating OPs fingers within a year.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Crocobile posted:

Holy poo poo, I’ve known people like this but have never heard someone just… say it?

Re bathroom chat: women’s public restrooms fall into this horrible cycle where some women think if their rear end touches the toilet seat they will contract swamp butt, so they hover over (and subsequently piss allover) the seat. Then the next woman builds an elaborate barricade out of multiple seat liners and hovers, pissing all over the liners and leaving them for the next victim.

Women learn to piss standing challenge 2023

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought the point of contention was the redditor calling it a “stage” and goons thinking it was an incel thing/phrase. Google tells me it’s just a new label Gen-Z or whatever are using.

im an old millenial and we called different phases of dating stages to. usually something like we are taking our relationship to the next stage aka moving in together

women pee talk i bought my sister a stainless steel shewee as a joke and she uses it to this day.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Bonster posted:

AITA for running over the kids’ plant garden several times?

I signed up for a few lessons with a driving instructor
I’ve been driving for 7 years

Lmao @ driving for 7 years and still being unable to fit your car between lines. I imagine this person is constantly getting into near misses and is a general threat to everything on the road and next to it, but thinks it's fine because they haven't run over a human (yet).

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Tendales posted:

3am Women learn to piss standing challenge 2023

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
I once had to clean up a port-a-potty that had been picked up and tossed around in a storm

That's my piss and poo poo story thanks for listening

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Anyone who has ever cleaned public restrooms can tell you that it's just the entire general public who are ultra gross, with no dividing demographic lines.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In which Mom shows the sort of thinking and behavior that may have led to Dad getting primary custody.

AITA for showing up at my son's birthday party unannounced and uninvited?

quote:

I (F32) have a son Cole (M8) with my ex-husband Mike (M38). If we're being honest, I hate Mike with every fiber of my being. During the divorce, Mike and his lawyer managed to paint me as an addict, dredging up my past struggles with addiction (I've been clean for the past 6 years) to argue that I'm not a good mother or trustworthy, which resulted in Mike receiving primary custody. He has full custody and I get Cole on weekends, which I see as an absolute travesty. Because Mike makes a lot more money than I do, he was able to afford these high-powered lawyers, and they basically forced me to take a "plea" deal which lets me have Cole on weekends, as if I didn't they'd argue for full custody and no visitation. Knowing I couldn't afford a lawyer nearly as good as them, I decided to take the deal, but it's been the worst decision of my life. Mike basically abuses the custody arrangement to make sure Cole doesn't see or even contact me over the week, which makes this even more unbearable.

Last Wednesday was Cole's birthday and Mike threw him a party with all his friends and family. I knew that I could just give Cole his gift on Saturday, but I decided that I have a right to see my son on his birthday. Thus, I went over to Mike's house and snuck in through a back door and when I saw Cole I gave him a hug and wished him. I was then about to leave when Mike noticed me and pulled me aside, where he started yelling at me for violating our agreement. We argued for a bit about how he was alienating my son from me and how I have a right to see him on his birthday, but he wouldn't budge and kept bringing up the agreement. He then snidely chuckled that he'll see me in court before walking back to the party.

EDIT: After reading through your comments, I've realized that I was in fact in the wrong here. I plan to apologize to Mike for my behavior. Thanks for helping me realize this.
They tried to paint me as some kind of addict just because I was addicted to drugs until very recently! Unfair!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Info when was the divorce?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FMguru posted:

quote:

I knew that I could just give Cole his gift on Saturday, but I decided that I have a right to see my son on his birthday.

Not only do you not have that right, but you legally do not have that right

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

When Cole was born, she had been clean for negative two years

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maybe it's also because they're marrying people like this blast from the past:

My (31M) wife (33F) says it’s unattractive when I sit to pee.
just...don't let your wife watch you pee?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
it sounds different, okay. i'm here, ready to go and it sounds all wrong, how the hell am i supposed to get off like this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lottery of Babylon posted:

When Cole was born, she had been clean for negative two years
I tried to explain that to the judge but my husband's hot shot big money lawyers twisted that all around and made me out to be some kind of unstable addict!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

aita for breaking a court order and illegally trespassing into someone’s home and losing visitation rights to my son?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Maroon Hawk posted:

These types of people will justify their purchases based solely on those “one-off necessities” that they definitely, totally need to do all the time lol

Something like a full third of American pickup drivers use their truck bed one time a year or less

I'd love to see that study because one of my coworkers wants to drop 70+k on a Ford Raptor that I know she will never, ever use.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Foo Diddley posted:

it sounds different, okay. i'm here, ready to go and it sounds all wrong, how the hell am i supposed to get off like this

It sounds like coins clinking together

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Meanwhile my evil gf wont let me import a kei truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Meanwhile my evil gf wont let me import a kei truck

Are there rules against one that is already here?