Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

the best jack "international" food is their egg rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Wait, there's a fuckin Saw movie with Chris Rock?

One of the Saw movies uses a song by one of my favorite as a teen but still shameful/guilty pleasure bands and it threw me off.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

This is true if and only if you're hosed up in some way

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
thatsashame.gif

https://twitter.com/nickgerli1/status/1673774695693385728

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My airbnb is booked out for the next 6 months but we also do long term stays and offer discounts the longer you stay. Also free soap and toilet paper!!

e: i'm just the housing manager, i'm not a landlord

i'm..i'm a good person. i swear. :ohdear:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Get him!!!

Nov 6, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My airbnb is booked out for the next 6 months but we also do long term stays and offer discounts the longer you stay. Also free soap and toilet paper!!

how dare you use your property to make money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought covid basically killed it already? Just the final deathblow here?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Off with his dongs!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There is an AirBnB out in Missouri my friends & I book semi-annually that is great as it's near the range we go to for KalashniCon.

It would suck if they go away.

On the other hand, maybe some houses here in Portland will actually sell.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

I thought covid basically killed it already? Just the final deathblow here?

COVID helped Airbnb I think because after the initial shutdown, you had tons of city dwellers trying to book a vacation that didn't involve going into a hotel, and booking in scenic places. In the tweet thread he goes into how some small towns in Tennessee and Montana have been absolutely flooded with Airbnbs and killing the local real estate market.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

COVID helped Airbnb I think because after the initial shutdown, you had tons of city dwellers trying to book a vacation that didn't involve going into a hotel, and booking in scenic places. In the tweet thread he goes into how some small towns in Tennessee and Montana have been absolutely flooded with Airbnbs and killing the local real estate market.

Weird, I remember a bunch of stories about how lockdowns caused a bunch of people to have to sell their airbnbs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yeah, my sister and her husband bought one in Palm Springs during the initial huge sell off and have been renting it out pretty consistently since then

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think at first with lockdowns there were a ton of cancellations and such, but after the initial wave people were saying gently caress it and going anyway and rebooking.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I think there is room in the market for short-term rentals, just like I think there is some room in the market for long term rentals so we should leave a few of the most empathetic landlords alive. The fact that it was basically unregulated and the worst people you know saw it as a way to make a quick buck was what caused everything to get so hosed up so quickly.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m just glad when my next door neighbor moved it didn’t become an ABB, shitload in my town. I have a few on my block and man they get loud. Worse when they bring their dogs up then leave them all day to do stuff, just nonstop barking

Nov 6, 2002

Depending on which stats you look at, 20-30% of Airbnb's are corporate owned - and this number skews much higher in large markets. Make those go away and you'd have a much healthier market. The guy renting his basement level isn't ruining your neighborhood affordability.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Wait, there's a fuckin Saw movie with Chris Rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzy6ORqE9IY

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I guess technically Mao didn't specify what to do about Housing Managers

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

There is an AirBnB out in Missouri my friends & I book semi-annually that is great as it's near the range we go to for KalashniCon.

It would suck if they go away.

On the other hand, maybe some houses here in Portland will actually sell.
Don't worry, if AirBnB goes away then massive real estate companies will snatch them up by offering far more than normal people can afford and we're back where we started

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Depending on which stats you look at, 20-30% of Airbnb's are corporate owned - and this number skews much higher in large markets. Make those go away and you'd have a much healthier market. The guy renting his basement level isn't ruining your neighborhood affordability.
The guy renting his basement level is the fig leaf for the rich rear end in a top hat who owns a mansion and 3 apartments in a ski town he visits once a year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

Don't worry, if AirBnB goes away then massive real estate companies will snatch them up by offering far more than normal people can afford and we're back where we started

Yup. They need to implement an aggressive progressive tax that increases with every additional property owned by the holding company. Those taxes go towards affordable housing built by third party contractors

Nov 6, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

The guy renting his basement level is the fig leaf for the rich rear end in a top hat who owns a mansion and 3 apartments in a ski town he visits once a year

Rich rear end in a top hat who owns 3 Airbnbs is a corporation.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

the best jack "international" food is their egg rolls

Truer words haven't been spoken on this forum in years

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Rich rear end in a top hat who owns 3 Airbnbs is a corporation.
True. Not much daylight between a corporation and someone who employs professional rental property caretakers.

Nov 6, 2002

Fifty Three posted:

True. Not much daylight between a corporation and someone who employs professional rental property caretakers.

Literally anyone with brains that owns multiple rental properties is going to incorporate for liability reasons alone.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

First it was chiche, then it was Mel, now it’s you.

Who do you manage it for? Saudi Cops?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Has anyone beaten this yet? I think I got to rule 17 before laughing and tapping out.

https://neal.fun/password-game/

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Much like the evergreen, cynical, political appeal to the Mom and Pop small business, every corporate shill we've elected to government just wants to protect that empty nester who just needs a little more income.

Meanwhile, amorphous, anonymous software has laundered legal and ethical liabilities so thoroughly that price fixing is just a reality in both the national real estate and rental markets.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No Butt Stuff posted:

First it was chiche, then it was Mel, now it’s you.

Who do you manage it for? Saudi Cops?

One of the VPs for this place that's trying to destroy capitalism: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/03/18/governor-newsom-announces-30-insulin-through-calrx/

shameful, i know...

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Silly Burrito posted:

Has anyone beaten this yet? I think I got to rule 17 before laughing and tapping out.

Made it to 15 before the rules became mutually exclusive

edit: Wait, no they're not!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Made it to 15 before the rules became mutually exclusive

edit: Wait, no they're not!

No they’re not, and it DOES have an end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dang, we should have stayed in our previous neighborhood for a few more years because there were some sick-looking ABBs there that we could be living in now. Alas.

Silly Burrito posted:

Rule 5 wouldn't work for me :sad: A friend of mine got up to 25 before throwing in the towel.

VVV ahhhhhh that should have been obvious. Thanks.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 28, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Dang, we should have stayed in our previous neighborhood for a few more years because there were some sick-looking ABBs there that we could be living in now. Alas.

Rule 5 wouldn't work for me :sad: A friend of mine got up to 25 before throwing in the towel.

The individual numbers have to add up to 25. So if you used 25, that’s only 7. I put in 55555 and it worked

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

No they’re not, and it DOES have an end.

I got to an end (while working on rule 18) and now I'm just confused

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I got stopped at the chess one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I got to an end (while working on rule 18) and now I'm just confused

You’re past me, but my daughter got to rule 24, so there is more.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

You’re past me, but my daughter got to rule 24, so there is more.

I was working on the periodic table rule and then the page went dim and I got a big red "PAUL HAS BEEN SLAIN" message and it wouldn't let me do anything else on the page

I'm assuming I lost

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I was working on the periodic table rule and then the page went dim and I got a big red "PAUL HAS BEEN SLAIN" message and it wouldn't let me do anything else on the page

I'm assuming I lost

Is that the caterpillar one? Apparently the chicken eats caterpillars according to my daughter’s anguished texts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I'm assuming I lost

This plus Saw Chat earlier today suddenly makes me think that this is viral marketing for Saw X.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I keep getting screwed by the captcha being incompatible with later rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I feel seen

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1674077947760906241?s=20