Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Only 20%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That reminds me of an old website I originally found in like middle school where you started on a splash page on the domain and once you hit start, each page displayed a riddle and you typed the solution at the end of the URL to load the next one. I never completed it but I recall getting about a dozen steps into it and it involved some fun sleuthing for early 2000s internet standards - I think step 2 or 3 involved listing out an author's entire works and the solution was a play on words involving one of the titles.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah the old internet had a lot of fun ARG/puzzle box style sites that were awesome. They’ve slowly slipped away one by one as domains expire or what have you :sigh:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The boardgame gloomhaven has a overarcing quest that required solving riddles that would end up needing a seriously ridiculous amount of unguided sleuthing to figure out.

And then randomly googling for other things I got spoiled on it on a printing site, that stunk.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Freaquency posted:

I keep getting screwed by the captcha being incompatible with later rules

You can reset the captcha

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

You can reset the captcha

…gently caress

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

The boardgame gloomhaven has a overarcing quest that required solving riddles that would end up needing a seriously ridiculous amount of unguided sleuthing to figure out.

And then randomly googling for other things I got spoiled on it on a printing site, that stunk.

Yeah, in trying to find the current phase of the moon a site about the puzzle came up.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

drat, y’all don’t know what the current phase of the moon is? I bet you don’t know the best time to plant corn or how to cure colic with lamb’s ear either

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Just found out that one of the remaining century-old homes in the area might be getting torn down to make way for a Culver's, and I'm a little bummed out about it.

I'm not even attached to the house being there, but it's on a nice property that's just getting ruined for yet another fast-food chain

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"Your password must include the current phase of the moon as an emoji." Guess it has to be played on mobile then?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"Your password must include the current phase of the moon as an emoji." Guess it has to be played on mobile then?

Nah, you can copy and paste emojis as is in any browser.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Too lazy to get too into it, but I'll just note I'm going through some tree law where I am the one who wants a tree killed.

There's literally nothing to do other than complain and note when limbs fall down for future notes to the insurance company as far as I can tell. Large boy, gonna do some damage somewhere when he comes down, and he's dying whether they want to admit it or not.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Too lazy to get too into it, but I'll just note I'm going through some tree law where I am the one who wants a tree killed.

There's literally nothing to do other than complain and note when limbs fall down for future notes to the insurance company as far as I can tell. Large boy, gonna do some damage somewhere when he comes down, and he's dying whether they want to admit it or not.

Contact your insurance company in the off chance its also his insurance company, at least that way your poo poo is logged.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah, you can copy and paste emojis as is in any browser.

Thanks, I made it up to Rule 16 and I might leave it for now.

My co-worker, early 30s I think, asked me "wtf is wordle" - we're both in IT.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shinji2015 posted:

Just found out that one of the remaining century-old homes in the area might be getting torn down to make way for a Culver's, and I'm a little bummed out about it.

I'm not even attached to the house being there, but it's on a nice property that's just getting ruined for yet another fast-food chain

At least it’s a Culver’s though.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

on a mac hit 'Control + CMD + Space' when you're on a text input/doc and you can insert emoji.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress yes a client may force my boss to let me finally launch a project/ product that I have worked in for a year. It will make my job so much easier.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The new CTO is loving cool and outcomes-driven which rules. I am so stoked for the future of this company!!!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

on a mac hit 'Control + CMD + Space' when you're on a text input/doc and you can insert emoji.

Windows is Window Key + .

:eng101:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Has anyone purchased a front door online and if so do they have any suggestions for good websites

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Well gently caress me.

https://twitter.com/Teamsters/status/1674168669528629250?s=20

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Yeah that feels pretty low ...

LeeMajors posted:

I feel seen

:hfive:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Has anyone purchased a front door online and if so do they have any suggestions for good websites

I bought one from these people

https://www.doornmore.com/

no complaints.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The new CTO is loving cool and outcomes-driven which rules. I am so stoked for the future of this company!!!

:letsgo:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Can someone explain the appeal of lighting off like 4 fireworks over the course of 3 hours on a weeknight? I like playing with fireworks too but don’t understand setting off less than 5 and they’re not even good fireworks. Just enough to keep all the neighborhood dogs on edge.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1674076440034246657

I feel like I'd heard about this before. But reminder to say gently caress Netflix

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Qwijib0 posted:

I bought one from these people

https://www.doornmore.com/

no complaints.

Just he sure to select Fedex shipping apparently.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pops Mgee posted:

Can someone explain the appeal of lighting off like 4 fireworks over the course of 3 hours on a weeknight? I like playing with fireworks too but don’t understand setting off less than 5 and they’re not even good fireworks. Just enough to keep all the neighborhood dogs on edge.

'murrica!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pops Mgee posted:

At least it’s a Culver’s though.

I've never eaten at one, so I'm just :shrug: about it.

We're also supposed to be getting a Whataburger down the road along with a Target that they're tearing down my old junior high to build. And yes our area schools are still overcrowded why do you ask

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
https://youtu.be/S1bJQTx-2xU
This cat is very pathetic and so I love him. This channel is a great watch on my terrible bus commute home.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I watch her on TikTok. She has great videos.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

There was someone firing off fireworks for like an hour straight at midnight last night. It was to the point I considered calling the cops but I knew they wouldn’t do anything/give a poo poo

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Braksgirl posted:

I watch her on TikTok. She has great videos.

I got an equigroomer based off her rec and it works wonders. Both cats love it and before we got our fluffy boy a lion cut it was one of the best things to get all the shedded hair off him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pops Mgee posted:

It's 4th of July "practice" so they get the timing right on blowing their fingers off on the holiday

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I always figured this was true.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1674215938013515776?s=20

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

https://youtu.be/S1bJQTx-2xU
This cat is very pathetic and so I love him. This channel is a great watch on my terrible bus commute home.

I watch her channel too.

Somebody in my warcraft guild mentioned they did as well. She's great

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

The source (a former Disney “Imagineer”) says that, in an effort to keep the show open for as long as possible—it normally has to close for months while a new Presidential robot is built, and its lines recorded—Disney execs in 2016 hedged their bets and had a Hillary made ahead of time.

“I remember seeing the facial designs for the Hillary animatronic at least six months before the election”, they recall, “and an intern asked the 3D artist what would happen if Trump won, and he laughed and just said, ‘Then, we’re screwed’”.

accurate

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pour one out and then soak it back up with a Zorbeez

https://twitter.com/infinitethird/status/1674046744332582912?s=46

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I passed by 8 Amazon trucks/vans on my post-work errand run. Bezos got ahead of the curve and I'm concerned the UPS strike won't go well for the workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aw man this made me check and I'm sad we don't have a Billy Mays baseball GDT tradition anymore.

Er...

I AM SAD WE DO NOT HAVE A BILLY MAYS BASEBALL GDT TRADITION ANYMORE.