Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

They'll just charge on horseback, it worked for them once right?

I don't know, how long does it take to fulfill an order of lets say 5000 cavalry horses from the open market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So will the Poland soldiers get a piece of fabric strap on their arms too. Will it be blue color or red/white colors?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Extremely curious who the conspicuous civilian woman is in the group photo. The photo credit is Staff Sgt. Philip Steiner, US Army, which is a little funny.

quote:

Konstantyn Iwanowicz Ostrozky was a Ruthenian prince and magnate of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and later a Grand Hetman of Lithuania from 11 September 1497 until his death.

lol

Honestly, this seems like the weaker version of the three sisters arrangement.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

The Miracle on the Vistula and its consequences have been a disaster for all mankind.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

dark times when a nazi cant even get a slice of pizza without his geotagged instagram posts being used for artillery strikes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin is pretty stupid if he doesn't pre-emptively assault Poland

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

BearsBearsBears posted:

Guns don't work without bullets. Haven't you ever seen an action movie where the hero gives the secret villain a gun and then when the villain tries to shoot the hero the gun is unloaded? Maybe they wanted to see if he would try to shoot his way out.

right..

so I see the new thing instead of keeping a list of Russian generals that have been killed in the SMO will be a list of Russian generals that Putin is keeping under top secret house arrest because they attempted to coup him. What fun

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DancingShade posted:

I don't know, how long does it take to fulfill an order of lets say 5000 cavalry horses from the open market?

"The Union army, took civilian stock in the aftermath of Gettysburg (July 3). Their quartermaster immediately called for 2,000 cavalry mounts and 1,500 artillery horses to get the northern force back up to standard. In response, the secretary of war ordered impressment of all serviceable horses in the region. That emergency policy, however, was short-lived because Union quartermaster Meigs had 7,000 replacement horses from various supply depots on the way to the Army of the Potomac by July 7."

I'm assuming Poland still relies on horses for agriculture so this should be no problem. Unless an evil occupier industrialized them, built heavy industry and assisted them in the mechanization of agriculture sometime in the past 100 years...

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1666970725415100419
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1673877975463493632
I can see why western media is so desperate to believe that Russia is about to collapse from the fallout of the Hot Dog Coup: 3 weeks into the Ukrainian offensive and even the most slavafied sources are saying they haven't reached the first Russian defensive line. Attacking into prepared defenses really looks like it's beyond Ukraine's capabilities. The question now is whether they call it off soon, or keep going until NATO has to give them a 4th army.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Cats From An American Tail Brigade

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So the pizza parlor strike is another example of Ukraine keeping its military assets in with civilians, either carelessly or as human shields, as documented in the Amnesty International report?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Probably the former rather than the latter

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm going to die over this poo poo

aaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

quote:

26% of respondents in Ukraine and 29% abroad agreed with the statement “Russia is fighting against the West/NATO in Ukraine”;

this idea continuing to be framed as Russian propaganda a year into the war is so funny.

All our leaders are patting themselves on the back over how many arms we send Ukraine to defend the western world, but if the Russians say this they are spreading disinformation.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Probably the former rather than the latter

Someone should really let Ukraine know theyre at war then I guess

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Starsfan posted:

right..

so I see the new thing instead of keeping a list of Russian generals that have been killed in the SMO will be a list of Russian generals that Putin is keeping under top secret house arrest because they attempted to coup him. What fun

Don't forget that according to MI6 the Putin we know is a body double that replaced the original. If Putin (or rather his double) has that kind of technology then there's no reason he couldn't use it again. Any Russian generals that are reported arrested and then seen in public are actually body doubles of the original.

Edit: While researching this comment I found this wiki page on all the times Putin has died. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_of_Vladimir_Putin%27s_death_or_incapacity So the guy the body double replaced probably isn't even the original Putin.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

"The Union army, took civilian stock in the aftermath of Gettysburg (July 3). Their quartermaster immediately called for 2,000 cavalry mounts and 1,500 artillery horses to get the northern force back up to standard. In response, the secretary of war ordered impressment of all serviceable horses in the region. That emergency policy, however, was short-lived because Union quartermaster Meigs had 7,000 replacement horses from various supply depots on the way to the Army of the Potomac by July 7."

I'm assuming Poland still relies on horses for agriculture so this should be no problem. Unless an evil occupier industrialized them, built heavy industry and assisted them in the mechanization of agriculture sometime in the past 100 years...

very funny that the 19th c US Government was completely ready to steal everyone's horses before they realized they already had a poo poo ton of horses

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I'm trying to catch up on the Prigozhin insanity. Based on the statement he gave, it looks like the plan was to march a column to Rostov to raise a big stink and protest over Wagner getting dissolved, and then to turn over their weapons with the maximum amount of drama, because Prigozhin has a poster's heart. Along the way they got bombed for being a column of armed soldiers occupying Russia, so the plan then became to march on Moscow and raise a big stink and demand the head of the Ministry of Defense in retaliation. A hundred miles outside of Moscow it suddenly occurred to Prigozhin that a column of armed soldiers marching on Moscow to topple the Ministry of Defense is indistinguishable from a coup and he called a halt and turned around. The president of Belarus stepped in and negotiated a way out for Prigozhin that didn't immediately involve an open window and the dissolution of Wagner continues mostly on schedule.

And now we got generals getting arrested who I guess knew about the big hissy huff and encouraged it, probably as a method of career advancement?

This whole thing was because the caterer didn't understand that sending an armed convoy to protest at the capitol over beef with the MoD was essentially a coup until almost the last minute

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I thought this was the 4th Ukranian army?

The Western coverage of the Kramatorsk missile strike emphasizes two blonde girls died, and all I can react to that is "at least they aren't doing bacha bāzī."

Wait, the place hit was Ria Lounge. I don't know why Western media is reporting it's a pizza place when it obviously looks like
a bar. I guess playing up the civilian angle? That's literally next door to Hotel Kramatorsk, where a Russian missile killed dozens of NATO trainers.

Deadly Ham Sandwich has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Jun 28, 2023

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

BearsBearsBears posted:

Don't forget that according to MI6 the Putin we know is a body double that replaced the original. If Putin (or rather his double) has that kind of technology then there's no reason he couldn't use it again. Any Russian generals that are reported arrested and then seen in public are actually body doubles of the original.

Edit: While researching this comment I found this wiki page on all the times Putin has died. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_of_Vladimir_Putin%27s_death_or_incapacity So the guy the body double replaced probably isn't even the original Putin.

The Russians have mastered cloning technology. It may be too late to stop them from replacing every world leader

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Are you sure Poland troops fighting Russia in Ukraine will trigger A5? I thought a country sending troops on their own would not trigger A5.

no, not according to the letter of the article. but this is the ~rules based international order~ that can also reinterpret international law at a whim when suitable to match the desired state of reality

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

I'm trying to catch up on the Prigozhin insanity. Based on the statement he gave, it looks like the plan was to march a column to Rostov to raise a big stink and protest over Wagner getting dissolved, and then to turn over their weapons with the maximum amount of drama, because Prigozhin has a poster's heart. Along the way they got bombed for being a column of armed soldiers occupying Russia, so the plan then became to march on Moscow and raise a big stink and demand the head of the Ministry of Defense in retaliation. A hundred miles outside of Moscow it suddenly occurred to Prigozhin that a column of armed soldiers marching on Moscow to topple the Ministry of Defense is indistinguishable from a coup and he called a halt and turned around. The president of Belarus stepped in and negotiated a way out for Prigozhin that didn't immediately involve an open window and the dissolution of Wagner continues mostly on schedule.

And now we got generals getting arrested who I guess knew about the big hissy huff and encouraged it, probably as a method of career advancement?

This whole thing was because the caterer didn't understand that sending an armed convoy to protest at the capitol over beef with the MoD was essentially a coup until almost the last minute

That's the most sensible explanation I think thats been advanced

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It doesn't sound like any arrest has been confirmed.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hm, I do not like this.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

drat Russia is hosed now that they've assembled a crack team of *squints* sixty dudes and their girlfriend

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

But have you considered that those berets are a force multiplier?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Nix Panicus posted:

I think added on to Prigozhin's motivation was apparently his catering company was having it's contracts with the Russian state systematically dissolved.. it seems like beyond providing food and services for the military, he was also involved in supplying the Russian school system with food and potentially other contracts as well. He ended up getting progressively squeezed out of that racket, saw the end of his influence and business speeding up at him on the horizon, and he decided to do something incredibly stupid.

I mean he could have kept all his grifts going perfectly fine by just keeping his mouth shut. Maybe the first person in history to have confirmed posted themselves out of billions of dollars?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Cats From An American Tail Brigade

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Starsfan posted:

Maybe the first person in history to have confirmed posted themselves out of billions of dollars?

elon?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1674165776238931968?s=20

also did anyone watch the forgotten weapons guy interviewing some pmc trainer guy that 'trained' the peshmerga and ukrainians?
like 2 weeks to a month of training or something. sounds not good. also all different kinds of guns and ammo hodge podge supply chain.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's the biggest loving scam in the world. We had a civilian contractor come in and train us how to use a fire extinguisher on a fire extinguisher simulator during basic training.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1674165776238931968?s=20

also did anyone watch the forgotten weapons guy interviewing some pmc trainer guy that 'trained' the peshmerga and ukrainians?
like 2 weeks to a month of training or something. sounds not good. also all different kinds of guns and ammo hodge podge supply chain.

his website lol https://lancezaal.com

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

It's the biggest loving scam in the world. We had a civilian contractor come in and train us how to use a fire extinguisher on a fire extinguisher simulator during basic training.

post the manual

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

fits my needs posted:

post the manual

12 pages long and just references a military handbook from the 60s

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fits my needs posted:

post the manual

I realized people might think I was joking, but it's a real thing and they really paid a contractor rather than "qualify" military instructors on it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nonsense posted:

Putin is pretty stupid if he doesn't pre-emptively assault Poland

This is called Stalin's trap btw

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ПриZрак Новороссии posted:

To the question of a counteroffensive.

The HIMARS are no longer spared by the Ukranians on important fronts, not only on lone artillery, but also on 82 mortars.
(from t.me/ghost_of_novorossia/13312, via tgsa)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

I realized people might think I was joking, but it's a real thing and they really paid a contractor rather than "qualify" military instructors on it.

incredible grift

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Frosted Flake posted:

Jesus Christ

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman posted:

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Frosted Flake posted:

how will you put out a real fire when you don't have a screen bezel to aim for?