Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

v. jealous of goons getting multiple 5* within 70 pulls of each other :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Excelzior posted:

v. jealous of goons getting multiple 5* within 70 pulls of each other :shepicide:

Not an emptyquote!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yukong on the first pull, then the second pull was

I don't even think I was at soft pity, but I'll have to check later

gently caress you :qq:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
got Luocha and 2 Yukongs in 50, did 20 more and got two more yukongs and a bunch of pela dupes. game is so easy!!

Luochas heals are fat even with unleveled att mainstat relics, what a beast. sorely tempted to go for the e1 but there's just too much upcoming stuff I want.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

YES bread posted:

Luochas heals are fat even with unleveled att mainstat relics, what a beast. sorely tempted to go for the e1 but there's just too much upcoming stuff I want.

Yeah, his skill is pretty much a full heal for the target and his passive healing field is doing an excellent job of keeping people alive. And for the record, his auto-skill use does give him a charge towards activating his field (I saw some speculation pre-release that it wouldn't). And mine is definitely not built for attack, I have crap relics on him. You could probably almost completely ignore attack on him and still have him be a stronger healer than Nat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to 3 star FH 14!

Team 1 vs Bronya: Welt, Sushang, Natasha and Silver Wolf.

Team 2 vs Svarog: Serval, Sampo, Asta, March 7

Welt is the only underdeveloped character on his team. I managed to defeat Bronya in 2 cycles and neither wave managed a single action.

Serval and Sampo are both underdeveloped. They're level 60, traces are poo poo and relics are unoptimized. Asta is 60 as well, but her Talent is level 7 and she has the Thief set so she's fine. It still took 8 cycles to knock down Svarog and it was drat close.

I was hoping March's ult would be more useful but it never froze Svarog or his hand. Gepard would have been better here. The only change to Serval was her E6 which allowed her enough damage to scrape out the win here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also I just had the idea to run Sushang with Quinque since Sushang could be the sub DPS and only use skills when the enemy is broken. Run them with Nat and SW to force weakness. I may have to put this together.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
A team of Seele, Silver Wolf, Loucha, and Yukong is very fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh poo poo I have to pull on Luocha till I get Yukong I didnt know we were getting her this early gently caress

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

first tenner, goodbye luocha banner

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There's also going to be a free copy coming in 1.2, which is what I'm going to wait for now since I'm getting close to soft pity again and Kafka is coming.

I assume it's going to be like Genshin and eventually the new 4-stars will go into the common pool anyway.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

What the heck. I finally got Arlan and even got his dupe in the first roll.

I forgot he was even an playable character and looking at him, he's kinda bad??

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
drat, I didn't know we were getting Yukong in 1.2.

Oh well, that's pity built for 1.3 spoiler character.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Did the new challenge and I managed 8 cycles just fine but I needed to use Arlan to get 9. It doesn't matter because you don't get any additional rewards past 6. My team was Sushang, Serval, Asta and Gepard but I subbed Arlan in for Asta on the final attempt.

NeonPunk posted:

What the heck. I finally got Arlan and even got his dupe in the first roll.

I forgot he was even an playable character and looking at him, he's kinda bad??

Arlan is serviceable but you have to build around him. Specifically you need Gepard with massive uptime on his shields, and maybe March too? I used him a few times and he came in clutch but I never put any real investment into him.

Serval does everything he does but better and easier.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Was not particularly quick but I did get Luocha, I'm 3 for 3 in winning coin flips now.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
phew managed to extract one (1) QQ eidolon from this banner without triggering any Defcon-5* Events and loving up my pity, now to not spend a single jade for the next two months while I wait for the 5*s I actually want to come out

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Having won the 50/50 for Luocha, and thrown a few tens into the LC roll because why not I needed some more LCs, I may just throw random pulls into the banner to see if I can luck into another Luocha. That first Eidolon is a real nice bonus to his moveset.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Walla posted:

Did the new challenge and I managed 8 cycles just fine but I needed to use Arlan to get 9. It doesn't matter because you don't get any additional rewards past 6. My team was Sushang, Serval, Asta and Gepard but I subbed Arlan in for Asta on the final attempt.

Arlan is serviceable but you have to build around him. Specifically you need Gepard with massive uptime on his shields, and maybe March too? I used him a few times and he came in clutch but I never put any real investment into him.

Serval does everything he does but better and easier.

She's also a very attractive lesbian unlike Arlan

Tough luck buddy

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Just got an e-mail that the next prime gaming drop went out; it's aether, credits, and 60 jade.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've never used Arlan but in this event he was able to ult like 6 times in a row so he seems alright.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I've never used Arlan but in this event he was able to ult like 6 times in a row so he seems alright.

That's because the battle buff is bonkers in that it lets him chain ult off the things that he breaks with his ult.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I used both the free Arlan and my own Serval and I was just pumping out ult after ult, was pretty funny.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I set out to E2 Loucha...and failed all 3 coin flips.

At least I finally got Gepard. Twice even.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Spent 20 rolls, but I was at 65 or so toward pity from casually trying for SW. I did not really want Yanqing, but I guess delaying pity by 1 roll but forcing the 50/50 is worth the price. I think I am going to need to farm a lot now.

Now to decide if I want more 4* eidelons at the risk of getting E1 Luocha.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 29, 2023

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I spent all my jade on the event and didn't get either of the new characters, got e6 Pela though i guess

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zurai posted:

Yeah, his skill is pretty much a full heal for the target and his passive healing field is doing an excellent job of keeping people alive. And for the record, his auto-skill use does give him a charge towards activating his field (I saw some speculation pre-release that it wouldn't). And mine is definitely not built for attack, I have crap relics on him. You could probably almost completely ignore attack on him and still have him be a stronger healer than Nat.

really? does luocha heal harder than bailu? i've never gotten a full full heal off her skill unless it hits the same target 2-3 times

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Meowywitch posted:

She's also a very attractive lesbian unlike Arlan

Tough luck buddy

arlan cooks great fried rice and is also cute

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

really? does luocha heal harder than bailu? i've never gotten a full full heal off her skill unless it hits the same target 2-3 times

It hits for like 1500 for me at level 70 with like +4 relics and level 5 traces, it's kinda nuts.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It hits for like 1500 for me at level 70 with like +4 relics and level 5 traces, it's kinda nuts.

this is with pretty good gear and level 8 skill

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Tried out Arlan in Stellar Flare and discovered two things: he's actually really fun when he's got the murderball going and holy poo poo his ult makes my eyes hurt, especially played over and over. Hopefully they adjust it when they adjust Seele's.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Let me pay you back TENFOLD

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
So far it seems like they have done an ok job at making sure none of the characters are terrible, so a trial Arlan is decent. It is just impossible to level and gear everyone.

Also, I have noticed that every support Himiko has like level 2 traces. Is that the quit the game roll? Finally found one that was level 80 to farm fire weak things better.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
It's hard to justify grinding Himeko up to 80 when you have other things to do if you're pushing MoC at all, even if you have her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hell yeah, got Clara as my second standard banner 5*. Probably the remaining standard 5* I wanted most, and I have a bunch of the Destruction trace materials because I've never built any Destruction characters aside from the MC.

Also lost the 50:50 on the character banner, but got the next best thing - Gepard, the other standard banner 5* I wanted (and he fills a similar role + I already have Bailu so not a big deal).

The only remaining standard banner character I care about is Bronya, but I already have a built Tingyun (and also got E2 of Yukong, who seems like a good support on paper? She gives a lot of DPS stats, at least).

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Danakir posted:

It's hard to justify grinding Himeko up to 80 when you have other things to do if you're pushing MoC at all, even if you have her.

you can push MoC whenever but you're gonna be grinding poo poo until the heat death of this game and himeko is excellent for that

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

UHD posted:

you can push MoC whenever but you're gonna be grinding poo poo until the heat death of this game and himeko is excellent for that

yeah, Himeko is great. I think I use Serval more (and thus need to invest in her first) but Himeko's been great for me and even at end game stuff, as long as the enemy is fire weak she more than holds her own. Fire break deals exceptional damage, so like in the current MoC even she can juggle breaking one enemy then the other and repeating. I haven't tried to force her against non fire weak enemies but a. Silver Wolf and b. I think ultimately the game is meant for you to match weaknesses.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pain of Mind posted:

So far it seems like they have done an ok job at making sure none of the characters are terrible, so a trial Arlan is decent. It is just impossible to level and gear everyone.

Trial Arlan gets big help from the event level buff that instantly recharges his ult

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i feel kinda regretful i was given bailu in the standard banner now hhh

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Lost the 50/50, but can't complain as I won the last 2. Got Gepard, though.

I need team building advice for my "B team" while only having one healer still. Right now I have Seele, Bronya, SW, Natasha as very effective main group.

I just pulled Gepard and have Clara, but everything I am reading says those two don't work well together. Can I cobble together a 2nd MoC team?

Seele, Bronya, Tingun, Gepard and then Sushang, Clara, SW, Natasha?

Trying to work out if I should keep pulling this banner as I get Jade and tickets (I'm flat broke that way in game) or start saving for a future banner and make what I have work? I'm 30 into the guarantee right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Part of the reason I insist on training a lot of units is because I like to have variety to meet any challenges. Also I like too many units and I want to play with all of them. The only progress it hampers is how deep I can push into Forgotten Hall/MoC, but that's not my favorite content anyway. I'll get there one day.

I want to pull Pela, but I don't really need her since I already have Silver Wolf. I also plan on skipping the next 2 banners, and maybe even more after that. Too many options leads to decision paralysis for me. I already have a hard time choosing my favorites from week to week.