Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Product™: The Movie™: The Miniseries™ still going strong! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

kiimo posted:

They built the animatronics

oh, my bad. they just look... very weird and out of place. idk.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I'm trying to sell this to international audiences without the built-in fandom of the games like they are enjoying in the states and let's just say the differences in audience reaction are...stark.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It just looks goofy to me but then I never played the games so

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Yeah I'm trying to sell this to international audiences without the built-in fandom of the games like they are enjoying in the states and let's just say the differences in audience reaction are...stark.

Just do an edit where it’s Josh getting the job, then sitting on the computers watching and the animatronics move and stuff. I’m pretty sure they did that scene.

Lean into the gameplay more then the lore.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
it's haunted Chuck E Cheese it's supposed to be goofy

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

YaketySass posted:

it's haunted Chuck E Cheese it's supposed to be goofy

Honestly it's not *goofy enough* for me. Doesn't seem to know if it wants to lean into it or not.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

yeah, either everything needs to look cheap, ratty, and corroded or it needs to look intentionally goofy and stylized

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks like the game which is goofy but has a SERIOUS LORE.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CelticPredator posted:

It looks like the game which is goofy but has a SERIOUS LORE.

Yeah. I've never played the games, but I keep getting roped into those videos about lore theories because it's so loving ridiculous.

Started out as just a game where you hide from malfunctioning robots with the Easter egg twist that there's some supernatural poo poo going on. Next thing you know, they're cranking out sequel after sequel while abstractly explaining its backstory (Atari minigames, hidden code in websites, activity books, cartoon soap operas about vampires) to the point that it goes off the rails and eventually turns into Slasher Movie Mega Man. Watching this trailer felt quaint in comparison to how weird everything gets.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the function of the animatronics that you can wear them but there’s a setting you have to hit to turn them into the animatronics where it spring locks a metal skeleton inside it.

So if you’re wearing it and it gets wet or whatever you get crushed to death in the suit lmao

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

As someone who has never played the games, and only barely knew what they were about, this is all very confusing to me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

As someone who has never played the games, and only barely knew what they were about, this is all very confusing to me.

The games have some surprisingly convoluted lore. Dunno if it's genuinely complicated or me not having the patience to piece it together but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BonoMan posted:

Tired: Superhero origin stories

Wired: Capitalist origin stories

Broke: Captain America
Woke: Captain Marvel
Bespoke: Captain of Industry

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean...these latest, the Beanie Baby and the Blackberry movies are clearly rise-and-fall cautions, nothing aggrandizing about them. Not to mention they're comedies.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

AceOfFlames posted:

The games have some surprisingly convoluted lore. Dunno if it's genuinely complicated or me not having the patience to piece it together but it doesn't make any sense to me.

No, it's absolutely complicated. Little of the plot is straightforward in those games. It's all vague and confusing imagery thrown together through read-between-the-lines details and abstract cutscenes/minigames that are up for interpretation and need to be pieced together. Then they started releasing a couple dozen Goosebumps knockoff books to expand on stuff.

As more sequels and spinoffs came out, things got more and more far out. It went from a relatively simple "these animatronics are possessed by murdered children and the killer eventually becomes an undead slasher villain" to "the killer is a mad scientist who created the animatronics and his son is a purple zombie out to stop him" to "the killer somehow escaped Hell by becoming a cyber ghost rabbit and full-on robot replicants exist now."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I blame MattPat and Game Theory.

His lore videos are like 45 minutes and do poo poo like "In the FNaF 'Pizzalicious' Coloring Placemat included with the FNaF Free Comic Book Day Comic Book, one of the search names is SUZEE. NOW, look at this still from the FNaF 7 secret ending. The corner of that tombstone? It LINES UP with the Rock Chunk in the post-credit scene from Freddy's Pizza Delivery Adventure. And what's on that chunk when you view it in the gallery?

SUZ

:2monocle::aaaaa::psyboom:"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

smug n stuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnnmOYwO3I
New Luca Guadignino movie, with Zendaya, Mike Faist, and Josh O'Connor. Looks pretty good to me!

Is it just me or this trailer borderline incomprehensible?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It seems like 4 movie plots stitched together and those Tennis Bros have a sexual tension vibe since that rivals that hosed up Folgiers commercial.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Don't be silly, nobody wants to gently caress more than that brother and sister from the Folgiers commercial.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Is it just me or this trailer borderline incomprehensible?

AI already making trailers?

edit; destroy all thinking machines

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 28, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

FilthyImp posted:

I blame MattPat and Game Theory.

His lore videos are like 45 minutes and do poo poo like "In the FNaF 'Pizzalicious' Coloring Placemat included with the FNaF Free Comic Book Day Comic Book, one of the search names is SUZEE. NOW, look at this still from the FNaF 7 secret ending. The corner of that tombstone? It LINES UP with the Rock Chunk in the post-credit scene from Freddy's Pizza Delivery Adventure. And what's on that chunk when you view it in the gallery?

SUZ

:2monocle::aaaaa::psyboom:"

But it did lead to this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9U9MF8Uh50

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gavok posted:

But it did lead to this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9U9MF8Uh50

thrawn527 posted:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

It seems like 4 movie plots stitched together and those Tennis Bros have a sexual tension vibe since that rivals that hosed up Folgiers commercial.

I was reading some press for it that kept describing it as a comedy.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Yeah, all the stuff I've read about it calls it a sexy sports comedy, but the trailer comes across as some kind of erotic psychological thriller?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, all the stuff I've read about it calls it a sexy sports comedy, but the trailer comes across as some kind of erotic psychological thriller?

That's supposed to be a comedy? Then that's a terrible trailer.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

That's supposed to be a comedy? Then that's a terrible trailer.

It's written by the guy who made Potion Seller, apparently.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

The HBO doc was pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfI6uuv-48

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Liam Neeson can't stop driving or his family will explode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQn0-WH4WM

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"matt im your best friend" is such an iconic line reading

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mulva posted:

Don't be silly, nobody wants to gently caress more than that brother and sister from the Folgiers commercial.

I hope you've read the oral history.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

clown shoes posted:

Liam Neeson can't stop driving or his family will explode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQn0-WH4WM

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Okay, haha, wow. This looks dumb and uninteresting, but the insane thing is that I thought it was weird that they were going with an unknown actor for the lead. Then at the end it says Zach Galifianakis. What??? The best part of this trailer is just me not recognizing him without the beard.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

OMG that face was bothering me so much

E: he just looks like a regular Greek dude now

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Don't even know if a movie is what they have in mind but there's a name I haven't thought about it a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPqSTUt5D8

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I could absolutely see that being a series of rad little DTV flicks. Small Soldiers definitely felt ripe for more stories.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Disney owns Small Soldiers now with the 20th Century merge. One of the things I'm most mad about was the original film's director, Joe Dante, was working on a movie called Toypocalypse and when Disney bought 20th Century in 2019 they canceled it, which revealed it was secretly a reboot of Small Soldiers.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

JazzFlight posted:

Okay, haha, wow. This looks dumb and uninteresting, but the insane thing is that I thought it was weird that they were going with an unknown actor for the lead. Then at the end it says Zach Galifianakis. What??? The best part of this trailer is just me not recognizing him without the beard.

I legit thought it was Liev Schrieber in makeup at first

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This truly is the year of movies about corporations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_bhwsRfOQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post