Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

leftist heap posted:

Dougie is gonna dissolve Toronto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTaze9quy4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

If we elected a swashbuckler, it would really give us an edge in the war on cars.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/erinchack/status/1673517861627891714?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/dahvnyc/status/1673755753138601985

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
That would be a more powerful statement if the MTA wasn't starved for funds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the congestion plan is primarily to fund it

do not construe this post as a defense of gov hochul

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/ahouse4all/status/1673153053762158592
https://twitter.com/ahouse4all/status/1673153581250383873

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
drat, they made it illegal to sit on your rear end. What's next?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

a sat on a little window sill next to an atm in grand central once. a rentacop appeared within seconds to hassle me. I ask ‘can I squat???’ and she replied ‘you can’t sit down’ so I sat up into a squat

she stared for a second and walked away.

so you heard it here: squatting is legal in grand central

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

proof of a russian op!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

mama mia!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

here's a secret: skip the paint and park in the red anyways (as long as it's not like directly infront of a hydrant). it's not enforced. you can get sick rear end downtown parking in san francisco or LA by just parking in the red like end of a street or something. i've never once seen someone or been ticketed for doing it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
only rubes circle for 20 blocks trying to find a tiny parallel parking spot instead of just parking into the first open red zone

unfortunately too many people have figured out this secret the past few years because now red zones are all parked up these days too, but better chance than regular street parking

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Please return to your 3 ton mobile private property box if you would like to rest in public, thank you.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

a sat on a little window sill next to an atm in grand central once. a rentacop appeared within seconds to hassle me. I ask ‘can I squat???’ and she replied ‘you can’t sit down’ so I sat up into a squat

she stared for a second and walked away.

so you heard it here: squatting is legal in grand central

lmfao

powerful haunches: 1
rent-a-pigs: 0

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Not being from a place where public transit even exists I cannot imagine this and would inevitably get my head cracked/bodily ejected from the station because wtf

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
*A group of college kids/backpackers set down their bags and sit crosslegged together waiting for the train*

:cop: "TERRORIST THREAT DETECTED" *Maces them all*

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Car Hater posted:

:cop: "HOMELESS PEOPLE DETECTED" *Maces them all*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

paying two full time salaries and benefits to keep out the riff raff. defund the police.

ArmedZombie has issued a correction as of 02:06 on Jun 28, 2023

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Twerk from Home posted:

drat, they made it illegal to sit on your rear end. What's next?
If you want to sit, get a car you poor.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

autocorrect is fascist

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Car Hater posted:

*A group of college kids/backpackers set down their bags and sit crosslegged together waiting for the train*

:cop: "TERRORIST THREAT DETECTED" *Maces them all*

trains? in my America?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

God drat LA sucks lol. The replies are poison

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm gonna guess it's a bunch of people calling for some sort of final solution to the homeless problem

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Polo-Rican posted:

replies aren’t real

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm gonna guess it's a bunch of people calling for some sort of final solution to the homeless problem

always is

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

only rubes circle for 20 blocks trying to find a tiny parallel parking spot instead of just parking into the first open red zone

unfortunately too many people have figured out this secret the past few years because now red zones are all parked up these days too, but better chance than regular street parking

You can just press the Free Parking button and leave your car anywhere.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

This is radical praxis, if you are poster enough to just park right in the driving lane. Like, just come to a full stop and leave your car right there (don't come back to it)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ensign Expendable posted:

this is a good hack too but someone (most) might crash into a large stationary object becausethey e been texting for the last 3000 feet without looking up

so I do not recommend this lifehack unless there’s no red zone parking

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Xaris posted:

this is a good hack too but someone (most) might crash into a large stationary object becausethey e been texting for the last 3000 feet without looking up

Counterpoint: now there're two less cars on the road, which has at least one less usable lane and it's likely to invite other cars to the crash, leading to a total stop in traffic.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Xaris posted:

30% of every block in sf is cars parked in driving lanes with hazards on, and none of those streets are moving fast enough to total either car in a crash.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Almost every major street in Toronto is two lanes: one for parking and one for waiting for someone else to get out of a parking spot so you can get into it. Traffic is really bad for some reason, it must be because of bikes.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I have some advice for my fellow unfortunate car drivers

OK here's the basic rules:

Pedal # 1: This makes the car go faster
Pedal # 2: This slows the vehicle

Pedal #1 is by far the most important one. It makes a VROOM VROOM sound. It allows your vehicle to coast. Which means you can just roll the vehicle without expending energy.

Pedal #2 is more abstract. Sometimes you may need to use it to avoid stoplights or the occasional drunk driver.

how are some people in chicago so loving bad at driving. i get that there's smog but really, c'mon

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's because being in your little anonymous bubble makes you a psychopath op

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Slider posted:

how are people so loving bad at driving

ftfy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I think the question is the other way around: why should people need to be good at driving to literally not starve?

There are tons of people for whatever reason will never be good drivers or shouldn't drive, they simply don't have an alternative.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Slider posted:

I have some advice for my fellow unfortunate car drivers

OK here's the basic rules:

Pedal # 1: This makes the car go faster
Pedal # 2: This slows the vehicle

Pedal #1 is by far the most important one. It makes a VROOM VROOM sound. It allows your vehicle to coast. Which means you can just roll the vehicle without expending energy.

Pedal #2 is more abstract. Sometimes you may need to use it to avoid stoplights or the occasional drunk driver.

how are some people in chicago so loving bad at driving. i get that there's smog but really, c'mon

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Ardennes posted:

I think the question is the other way around: why should people need to be good at driving to literally not starve?

There are tons of people for whatever reason will never be good drivers or shouldn't drive, they simply don't have an alternative.

Because then you can't sell them an enormous high interest loan that they use to buy cars.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Don't say this a lot but a brilliant use of space