Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RandolphCarter posted:

mgs v chat: skulls suck

they're cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
protip: squirt em with water

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

protip: squirt em with water

I will try this next time and it better do something

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I know CoD is dominating the conversation because of the merger, but it's also worth noting that people also treat their consoles as a Madden Machine

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

I know CoD is dominating the conversation because of the merger, but it's also worth noting that people also treat their consoles as a Madden Machine

you got that new madden bro?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RandolphCarter posted:

I will try this next time and it better do something

used the squirt gun and the serval or similar to S rank the tough skulls missions

o7

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Whirling posted:

Ehhh, I don't wanna be doing STALKER Gamma levels of inventory management during a PVP game, but I do like the idea of grabbing a bunch of stuff and trying to protect the swag I collected from other players.

Speaking of GAMMA, beat the main storyline. Had a decent time overall, but I'm still not sure what was accomplished by them going all in on making it so you have to scavenge parts to fix up weapons when you still need purchased weapon kits from vendors to do it, especially when those kits are gated behind your ability to find the randomly generated tool kits. At least artifacts were somewhat useful now.

buddy are you telling me you did an entire play through, all the way to the credits, without opening the workbench to just craft repair kits? lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Frumply posted:

buddy are you telling me you did an entire play through, all the way to the credits, without opening the workbench to just craft repair kits? lol

I assembled some of them, but they also are largely made up of stuff you buy from technicians, such as the heavy armor repair kit needing a variety of different repair kits or the weapon kits requiring specific weapon cleaning kits. They drop but I dislike the RNG of that. They also need to have the tool kits to build, and I had the worst luck in getting enough basic tool kits to spawn to use to make the advanced tool kit, and god help me it took FOREVER to get the expert kit (needed to make exoskeleton stuff and any of the fun guns like the RAPTOR or the SCAR).

Also why do they make you pay for allied technicians anyways, never made sense to me in Anomaly or this.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

cool av posted:

Steam has lost Run On Startup provileges after the last 2 times I booted my PC I was greeted by giant ads for Brotato.

Why doesn’t it just launch to the task bar like usual? Was it a bug? Either way u hosed up gaben ur done!!

just lol if you ever turn off or restart your pc

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I could see how stalking the class would seem to be the only way to go straight to jail in Zelda since I didn't even think to attack guards in BOTW and assumed it wasn't even possible, but if you happen to be in the right place to trigger that interaction that would appear to be the intended way to trigger that action.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sylink posted:

It's a shame about Battle Royale cuz pubg is really fun but it's so janky. And now it's pretty much filled with cheaters. If someone would make pubg on an engine that doesn't suck that would be great.

Maybe somebody could make a battle royale on Unreal Engine 5. I know a developer who has the chops

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Whirling posted:

I assembled some of them, but they also are largely made up of stuff you buy from technicians, such as the heavy armor repair kit needing a variety of different repair kits or the weapon kits requiring specific weapon cleaning kits. They drop but I dislike the RNG of that. They also need to have the tool kits to build, and I had the worst luck in getting enough basic tool kits to spawn to use to make the advanced tool kit, and god help me it took FOREVER to get the expert kit (needed to make exoskeleton stuff and any of the fun guns like the RAPTOR or the SCAR).

Also why do they make you pay for allied technicians anyways, never made sense to me in Anomaly or this.

just right click on the tools and open the workbench. you can craft anywhere!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

skooma512 posted:

I could see how stalking the class would seem to be the only way to go straight to jail in Zelda since I didn't even think to attack guards in BOTW and assumed it wasn't even possible, but if you happen to be in the right place to trigger that interaction that would appear to be the intended way to trigger that action.

if you walk around a little bit you see a giant hole in the wall not remotely hidden behind three pots that takes you to a room directly underneath the jail

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

there are far too many weapons in mgs v. please remove 80% of them, I am not a crackpot.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

there are far too many weapons in mgs v. please remove 80% of them, I am not a crackpot.

the weapons aren't there for you, they're for Snake

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RandolphCarter posted:

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrongw rognw tognwr onwrongn

https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/617

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

e^^^ ridiculous

snake only needs a tranq gun, and occasionally a rocket launcher. but then again I’m not real snake

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RandolphCarter posted:

snake only needs a tranq gun, and occasionally a rocket launcher. but then again I’m not real snake

WRONG AGAIN

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

e^^^ ridiculous

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

the weapons aren't there for you, they're for Snake

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
dont touch the guns. they're for company

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
get in the shagohad, snake

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Frumply posted:

just right click on the tools and open the workbench. you can craft anywhere!

what the gently caress god DAMMIT

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Maybe somebody could make a battle royale on Unreal Engine 5. I know a developer who has the chops

boy do me and exactly one other poster have good news for you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Whirling posted:

what the gently caress god DAMMIT

lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

my whole day is ruined, I should've watched a different crafting tutorial video because I thought you could only do it at your own personal workbench or your technicians

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
shouldve clicked around instead like a normal person

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
excited to explore this new video game! better fire up some vids of other people learning it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait i think i actually did install that stalker mod at some point. do you start in a big base area?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lol

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Listen its a mod of a mod I already played, and the previous mod didn't have this feature to my knowledge, so I just went with what I knew and watched a vid to see what changed in regards to the crafting

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think you can still do this in the console versions of payday 2

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

to be fair the way you repair weapons and armor in gamma is so complicated and obtuse they had to put a giant image guide into the in game guide

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Al! posted:

wait i think i actually did install that stalker mod at some point. do you start in a big base area?

your start location depends on your faction selection, and then there's multiple locations you can choose. some of them are big bases.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/simoncarless/status/1674104705021255681?t=DIWKzzUecOBcRbOnkIaWSw&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why is this a secret?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

might gently caress around and install this mod. really liked call

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Why is this a secret?

being able to profit after 200mil budget is bad every company wants to be the smol bean that cant afford dev costs cause labor costs are too high or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thehoodie posted:

just lol if you ever turn off or restart your pc

win11 has the ability to reboot pc whenever it wants no asking and can even wake a hibernated laptop to update it without asking.