Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

What a garbage user experience, what the gently caress? Is there really no way to make this my primary device from their website or something? That setting doesn’t even exist on the console’s OS as far as I can tell.
You have to open the eShop on the primary Switch (which is probably the Switch you first logged into your Nintendo Account on), go to the profile page, and then hit the "deactivate primary" button on it, which closes the eShop. At that point none of your Switches are primary, but whichever one you next open the eShop on becomes primary automatically and stays that way until you hit the button on that.

So it's "easy" to swap primary around as long as you have access to both Switches, or can phone-a-friend or whatever. But the actual process is not very transparent and intuitive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Not OP, but a lot of people got TotK with the voucher thing cause that's more cost effective. Also digital is nice for not having to bring along/swap game carts, which seems like it'd be especially convenient for a portable console.

physical media ftw OP

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
You also get a once-a-year chance to change the primary Switch without having to access the primary Switch. Still have to get online with the one you want to become the primary though.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Wait, there's a Pikmin 4 demo coming out today? Why aren't people posting in incoherent excitement about this! Is there a Pikmin thread somewhere where people are being excited for it?

I know it's not out yet so there's nothing concrete to actually say, but I thought this thread was for that kind of white noise excitement.

I had no idea I'd be able to play the first level of Pikmin 4 today!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I shan’t be playing the demo because it’s still three weeks until release and I rather not to be left wanting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hatty posted:

I shan’t be playing the demo because it’s still three weeks until release and I rather not to be left wanting

Yeah not really much point in playing a demo of a game I knew I was gonna buy before it was even announced.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's apparently one of those demos where you play the first area and progress is carried over to the full game. Basically you get to start the game early. I love pikmin and have no self control, so I'm really excited.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I will never beat 32 heat in Hades :negative:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
One day i will play hades it looks like a fun visual novel which i assume is what it becomes on god mode

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you jerks keep talking about Hades it will make me want to play it again.

I beat the story proper and got the credits but there's still a lot of smaller stuff I didn't finish with the side characters, like reconnect a couple of pairs of former lovers. I really should go back and help my bros Achilles and Orpheus get laid some time...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eiba posted:

It's apparently one of those demos where you play the first area and progress is carried over to the full game. Basically you get to start the game early. I love pikmin and have no self control, so I'm really excited.

Yeah I love these, Nintendo and Square have been doing them recently and it’s like a little treat to tide you over until the actual release.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I beat the story proper and got the credits but there's still a lot of smaller stuff I didn't finish with the side characters, like reconnect a couple of pairs of former lovers. I really should go back and help my bros Achilles and Orpheus get laid some time...

Yeah you should. I stopped after new dialogue getting to a heat in the mid-20's without a broken streak. I am so afraid to break it I stopped. I was doing pretty good at buying everything in the shop, but still haven't.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

There is also an epilogue you can get too

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I bounced off the Pikmin 3 demo hard enough to never buy the full game, but thankfully demos are free, so I’ll give it another shot with the Pikmin 4 demo tomorrow :)

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Physical keep winning

symbolic posted:

physical media ftw OP

been saying this

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Trying not to annoy my friends and family by talking about Pikmin too much.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does the demo drop today at like 7pm EST?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Does the demo drop today at like 7pm EST?

The official release time for the Pikmin 4 demo is June 29th, 3pm BST.

So 9am EST tomorrow.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the new title sucks

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

the new title sucks

found the teenager

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I had more money as a teen then i do now tbh

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have more time to play games now than I did as a teen, the weekends are my own now

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The official release time for the Pikmin 4 demo is June 29th, 3pm BST.

So 9am EST tomorrow.

Did they push it back a day? The Direct said June 28th

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

the new title sucks

explain

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Did they push it back a day? The Direct said June 28th

It did. However they quietly pushed the clock back about six hours.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

it's a cruel reminder of the ravages of time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Scuba Trooper posted:

it's a cruel reminder of the ravages of time

lol old

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Being a grown up means playing games with your kids.
Even though they both beat BotW before I did (and started after I did).

Wife is the only one who doesn't play anything beyond tetris/ dr mario / rare instances of mario kart.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to die alone with my Nintendo Switch.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I can't wait to die alone with playing my Nintendo Switch.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I hope they bury me with my nintendo switch gaming console

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Bury me in a Switch shaped coffin with all my physical cartridges, the superior game collecting method

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm 32 years old and I am still a Nintendo kid :patriot:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When I die my collection of physical Switch games will burden the clean up crew. But they will know I enjoyed good games.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

otter posted:

Being a grown up means playing games with your kids.
Even though they both beat BotW before I did (and started after I did).

Wife is the only one who doesn't play anything beyond tetris/ dr mario / rare instances of mario kart.

Being a grown up means playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 with your kid and always having to be Gooigi

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Hrist posted:

When I die my collection of physical Switch games will burden the clean up crew. But they will know I enjoyed good games.

When I die my collection of physical switch games will buy my kids a car.
I have over 250 now

Astro7x posted:

Being a grown up means playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 with your kid and always having to be Gooigi

I still have not played Luigi’s mansion. I should add that to my schedule for this year.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

otter posted:

I have over 250 now

God drat, I didn’t even know that many games w/ physical versions even existed :eyepop:

quote:

I still have not played Luigi’s mansion. I should add that to my schedule for this year.

:hmmyes: I make a point to play it every October to welcome in spoopy season - it’s a real treat, can’t recommend it enough

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It did. However they quietly pushed the clock back about six hours.

I was wrong. Pikmin 4 demo is live!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pikmin 4 demo up now!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wanna play the dembo but I’m afraid it’ll make the month wait feel worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

otter posted:

I have over 250 now

250 kids drat man, pull out!