Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

One of my $0 SoV records appeared today, no shipping notice or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I received a copy of Donuts today, that I completely forgot I ordered when it was super cheap on amazon a while back, so that's a pleasant surprise

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
Managed to snag a repress of the Chameleon's Script of the Bridge from Vinyl Junkies for $60 bucks shipped (a double LP but seriously ... ouch). That hurt, but it's like a grail record for me. Hope it gets here in great shape. I've always had great luck with their records in the past. Looks like I bought their very last one too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

This record was surprisingly the most expensive I've bought so far (by a pretty good margin)

And mock me if you must, I love the music of Robyn dammit!!

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 24, 2023

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
That Robyn album rules no shame in that at all.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

That Robyn album rules no shame in that at all.

Yes indeed it does.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

animal collective apparently sent out random 12"s of their new 21 minute (!) single Defeat to a bunch of random fans yesterday, jealous of them. great song, this was a stunner in their last tour and has been in the works since i think 2018. i've heard a lot of versions and was hoping they could do it justice in the studio..... i think they did. official release/announcement supposedly coming next week, and hopefully album announcement too

here's a youtube rip of p good quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgktdRJ0C0

Wraith of J.O.I. fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 24, 2023

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/manawavemedia/status/1672647203708448768?s=46&t=KXjmT0jXpryj4X8eG4fpNA

:swoon:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also now that I have a turntable, I can finally listen to my Lou Barlow vinyl that I bought forever ago (I had him sign it, I felt like such a dork asking lol but he was extraordinarily cool about it)

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 24, 2023

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Any can’t-miss record stores in DC?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just saw Earth and immediately snatched up this one. Angel of Darkness Demons of Light II is my favorite, so hearing Dylan Carlson with a cello backing him up was an instant buy. This one's a tribute to Geneviève Castrée. Definitely an easier listen than A Crow Looked at Me.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CPL593H posted:

Complete Sifl and Olly songs when?

A fellow man of culture, I see

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Boinks posted:

One of my $0 SoV records appeared today, no shipping notice or anything.

Got two of mine today, same story. I think I have two more? Glad it seems to have worked out for people and wasn't a scam.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

BigFactory posted:

Any can’t-miss record stores in DC?

I dunno about DC proper, but if you're generally around that area and in or near Falls Church, then CD Cellar (105 Park Ave., Falls Church) is worth a visit -- wide selection, tons of used LPs that seem to turn over constantly, prices are reasonable and everything I've bought from there has been in great shape.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I also got down on this but from a different site lol

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Walks into the room all

lol

Dr Katz and Home Movies are the greatest.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

animal collective apparently sent out random 12"s of their new 21 minute (!) single Defeat to a bunch of random fans yesterday, jealous of them. great song, this was a stunner in their last tour and has been in the works since i think 2018. i've heard a lot of versions and was hoping they could do it justice in the studio..... i think they did. official release/announcement supposedly coming next week, and hopefully album announcement too

here's a youtube rip of p good quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgktdRJ0C0

I am devastated I did not receive this.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
What does everyone think of this altp-120 as an entry level player for someone looking to get into the hobby? Budget is 300 usd.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-USB/dp/B002S1CJ2Q

Edit: 300 budget for the player. Undecided on budget for speaker(s)

drhankmccoyphd fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 25, 2023

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

drhankmccoyphd posted:

What does everyone think of this altp-120 as an entry level player for someone looking to get into the hobby? Budget is 300 usd.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-USB/dp/B002S1CJ2Q

That’s what I use. Tech moan has a good guide on building a stereo system on the cheap that worked for me at the start of the pandemic. I did buy the speakers and turntable new, but with patience and eBay watching I was able to put together a decent little system for under 300.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The AT-LP120 is the one I use too, been flawless for nearly 10 years now. Highly recommended.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

drhankmccoyphd posted:

I don't know if you're thinking secondhand turntables as and option, but I got my Technics SL-D303 off of Craigslist for $99 like 12 years ago and it still works like a tank.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

Ambitious Spider posted:

That’s what I use. Tech moan has a good guide on building a stereo system on the cheap that worked for me at the start of the pandemic. I did buy the speakers and turntable new, but with patience and eBay watching I was able to put together a decent little system for under 300.

Thanks do you have a link to the guide?

Also thanks to posters above

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

drhankmccoyphd posted:

Thanks do you have a link to the guide?

Also thanks to posters above

It’s a four part series

https://youtu.be/lSY1iZqH118

Might be a little dated in terms of specific suggestions but a good watch

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Fwiw, I just hooked my kid up with this system for her birthday. It's by no means high end, but it ended up pretty great for the money. The speakers have RCA and Bluetooth inputs so she can use then for everything:

Turntable ($125 w a coupon): https://a.co/d/6hEfwVq

Speakers: https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1280DB-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0719C132V

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got the Audio Technica LP 60X from their refurbished store and NEUMI BS5P from amazon a few months ago when I started getting into vinyl and have been very happy with both, though the speakers took about a month to ship. I'd imagine the higher "tier" LP120 would be great too. Not sure what all's on AT's refurbished store but that might be worth checking out, my turntable looked brand new in the original packaging when I bought from them.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Some of my recent purchases. All but the 'I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight' record were bought locally; I spent a couple years trying to find it in the wild but gave up and grabbed it from Discogs.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
That Can album is seriously good, I mean of all those late 70s albums from once-great bands that were falling apart it's got to be one of the best ones. RYM has it at a 2.82 which is insane, feel like if it just wasn't under the name "Can" it would score a lot higher

CPL593H posted:

Complete Sifl and Olly songs when?

lol "Songs of Season 1" was such a big thing for me because prior to that all I had were mp3s which were probably just ripped direct from someone's TV set onto a tape recorder. Season 2 had so many songs I loved, I think about "Lonely Sexy Heart" all the time, cmon boys give us the double vinyl with 120 songs on it

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I've been trying to find that Richard and Linda Thompson album locally for like a decade and have never once seen it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

JAMOOOL posted:

That Can album is seriously good, I mean of all those late 70s albums from once-great bands that were falling apart it's got to be one of the best ones. RYM has it at a 2.82 which is insane, feel like if it just wasn't under the name "Can" it would score a lot higher

I don't know why it took me so long to check this one out, there's a lot of fun tracks on it. That 2.82 rating is wrong.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Barry posted:

I've been trying to find that Richard and Linda Thompson album locally for like a decade and have never once seen it.

Weird how hard it is to find. I hope you come across one soon!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i came across a new pressing of i want to see the bright lights tonight some time recently, bought it because same, I'd never see it anywhere when I was looking for it

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85HIW8_Vpk

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Please enjoy this email I got from The Offspring's store today:

quote:

Hello Frozen Peach,

Thank you for your recent The Offspring purchase. We are writing today with updated information about one of the items in your order, The Offspring - Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace Vinyl LP + 7" Vinyl (Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Reissue.

The album you were sent contains "clean" edits of several songs. In an effort to more accurately reflect the band, their work and their wishes, replacement copies containing the original (unedited and uncensored) lyrics will be sent to all purchasers.

Once we have a timeline for sending replacements, we will be in touch, and, as always, you will be notified via email upon departure.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and flexibility.

Thank you,

The Offspring Official Store

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I would kill for that deal. A clean and raw copy of the same album for one price? Hel* yeah.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

pwn posted:

I would kill for that deal. A clean and raw copy of the same album for one price? Hel* yeah.

I'm certainly not complaining, I just find it hilarious.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
How did that happen?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Sounds like they don't know themselves:
https://twitter.com/offspring/status/1672313131807428609

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

No word on when pre-orders are going up but gently caress YEAH!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Record printing mishaps are always fun. Thanks to that I have 2 different shades of purple copies of Cracker Island for the price of 1

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
After ordering it in 2021, my Persona 4 soundtrack from IAm8bit just shipped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RubberLuffy posted:

After ordering it in 2021, my Persona 4 soundtrack from IAm8bit just shipped

I had a similar experience with the Disco Elysium soundtrack. Not sure how much of it was their fault but I have no interest in buying from them again based on my experience.