Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I just want to know what Jeff thought was going to happen here. Like, what was the ideal outcome in his head? FYAD regulars praising his generosity for not perma-ing their posting pal for his grave crimes and accepting ruefully that he must continue to serve his sentence?

he’s so utterly weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Some maniac is blasting a ten second loop of "Camptown Ladies" every fifteen seconds outside my apartment. Been doing it for hours.

I'm going insane.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I had a situation like that in college when the guy who lived across from me went away for the weekend and forgot to turn off his stereo, which was playing “Empire State of Mind” on loop

to this day I have a Pavlovian reaction to the chorus

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Nuns with Guns posted:

I meant to post a video here before but I forgot. Some guys do a really funny bit of silly Red Dead Redemption 2 RPing as bandits, until a server mod falls for their trick and calls in the server admins on them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOEDpUp-40

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Antivehicular posted:

Wait, does this make Larry Ishmael

Deep scriptural implications

Larry is Jonah but he gets swallowed by a sardine

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

I had a situation like that in college when the guy who lived across from me went away for the weekend and forgot to turn off his stereo, which was playing “Empire State of Mind” on loop

to this day I have a Pavlovian reaction to the chorus

My freshman year roommate in college would play the same 4 songs on repeat: We Didn’t Start the Fire, Like a Prayer, Cute Without the E and Crazy Game of Poker. It drove me a little nuts

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I once went for dinner at a fancy Chinese banquet hall type of restaurant where their main hall was hosting a wedding where they played this song on loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULcmgv837MQ

The groom even stood up and serenaded his bride to this song

The video is about a guy being the wedding singer at his old flame's wedding night, the actual singer himself Lee hom wang would later be found to have committed adultery multiple times

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Guy across the street from me did the “cheer for healthcare workers at Xpm to show support!” Thing every single day for more than a year

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

One summer in college I stayed in the dorms instead of going home, and the guy in the room next to me was apparently teaching himself to play guitar by playing the first few notes of Stairway to Heaven over and over. And over. And over. And this was 2007!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

Guy across the street from me did the “cheer for healthcare workers at Xpm to show support!” Thing every single day for more than a year

is he the same guy who's wife sucked off the neighbor?

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

Paper Tiger posted:

One summer in college I stayed in the dorms instead of going home, and the guy in the room next to me was apparently teaching himself to play guitar by playing the first few notes of Stairway to Heaven over and over. And over. And over. And this was 2007!

What is the best Stairway cover and why is it the one by Frank Zappa?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Antivehicular posted:

I just want to know what Jeff thought was going to happen here. Like, what was the ideal outcome in his head? FYAD regulars praising his generosity for not perma-ing their posting pal for his grave crimes and accepting ruefully that he must continue to serve his sentence?
it was an op so koos could rehabilitate his image as a calm and rational man of the people in the wake of the twink dungeon allegations

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Just remembered this was also the day where Abraham was figuring out who of his two kids to sacrifice, so I'm guessing God sent synthy from heaven to lie on the altar before Jeff and Jeff's like, listen this is all good but let me post online about it first
that's cool, i didn't know that

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

pentyne posted:

is he the same guy who's wife sucked off the neighbor?

Got me confused with someone else, only neighbors I actually know anything about are the sweet old retirees next door who love gardening and their grandkids

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Its always the quiet ones

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

[pentyne reading any story, anything at all] “ah yes, reminds me of the time some guy got sucked off”

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I lived next to a guy in college who would regularly turn on his stereo to max volume and then leave for class. I don't know if I ever heard his stereo when he was actually in his room? But if you came by and it was blaring techno from Ron's room, you knew for sure he wasn't there

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fortaleza posted:

[pentyne reading any story, anything at all] “ah yes, reminds me of the time some guy got sucked off”

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paper Tiger posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me once I was visiting my friend at his apartment in Brooklyn and the guy who lived above was practicing ZZ Top - Legs on guitar really loudly for like an hour straight

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me once I was visiting my friend at his apartment in Brooklyn and the guy who lived above was practicing ZZ Top - Legs on guitar really loudly for like an hour straight

King poo poo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

that's cool

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I hope he was careful with all the pinch harmonics at least

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

This ZZ Top video goes hard:
They go to space in a hot rod by blasting out of a pyramid at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKJymx2KDWo

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gotta put in the work

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eliminator and Afterburner were some very unusual entries to the zz top catalogue

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Synthy is free

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Eliminator and Afterburner were some very unusual entries to the zz top catalogue

A southern rock band adopting synths and then killing it with a ton of hit singles is so loving funny.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

fwiw he has freed my account

synthy is a free poster

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: this gif was a whiff

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰ

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

VostokProgram posted:

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰ

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰ

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

synthy is a free poster

but at what cost?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's me killing KingCobraJFS in Overwatch.

https://files.catbox.moe/ww9bx3.mp4

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Here's me killing KingCobraJFS in Overwatch.

https://files.catbox.moe/ww9bx3.mp4

welcome back

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

I lived next to a guy in college who would regularly turn on his stereo to max volume and then leave for class. I don't know if I ever heard his stereo when he was actually in his room? But if you came by and it was blaring techno from Ron's room, you knew for sure he wasn't there

:lol: this guy absolutely knew what he was doing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's time to party!