Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

What the gently caress is this spawn of oggdo thing? Just loving impossible

oh yeah i cheated that son of a bitch, got to him way too early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

codo27 posted:

Ice Fist posted:

Spawn of oggdo is worse than the rancor prove me wrong

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
he is a vergence in the force. he stands between the oggdo and the boggdo

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Respec into blaster stance until you get the capstone skill for shooting multiple enemies. It lets you fire an infinite amount of times, made killing Oggdo a lot easier for me.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Kesper North posted:

he is a vergence in the force. he stands between the oggdo and the boggdo

:golfclap:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I mean I've played all the Souls games and beaten Malenia and all that but this fuckin thing is just cheap trash. The style and frequency of its attacks is just heinous. All the other big animal enemies I can pretty easily dodge and maneuver but this is just pure cheapness, EA level cheapness. Oh wait.

I've actually never given up at an enemy in any of those games but I actually did decide to come back to this thing after banging my head against it the first time. I'm pretty diligent with the exploration so I've got a ton of stims and health and force essences so I decided to try it again. Nope. Those hammer jeezlers aren't all fuckin roses either. I pulled one down from above the oggdo arena, it pushed my poo poo in the first time I got there but I was able to dispatch it this time, but not without some serious trouble. Then I found another one when backtracking for newly traversable paths, killed him once, healed, then killed him again with the roller mines. There was no life bar as I chucked them at him and I got no experience or anything for killing him that way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's literally a dumb meme because that enemy was in the first game and a peice of poo poo and all you get from beating it is a dirty pink poncho which is also a winky ref to the first game.

Once you beat it you also unlock a force portal to a fight with two of them.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i found the trick with oggdo is to jump over all his red attacks

it's infinitely easier than trying to time the regular dodge

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I went back and played Fallen Order because of this game and the original Oggdo Boggdo, while a pain, is nowhere near as bad a fight as Spawn. They made it significantly worse while making the rest of the combat twice as good, which is kind of impressive really

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yeah, this. Soon as he turns red, back off, jump and then use the double jump + dash to actually avoid the attack.

Also the blaster charged shot interrupts every single one of his attacks, even the red ones.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I tried jumping instead of dodging, but mainly I find (using double bladed) that it takes too long to go from jump to attack, and the windows are so small. I mean it just does that double bite lunge on turbo. gently caress all the AOE stomps all the animal enemies do as well.

MOTHERFUCKER LICKS HIS loving TONGUE AT YOU!! I GOT A FUCKIN LIGHTSABER WHY CANT I CUT IT OFF? WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT???

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The cool thing about spawn is that it gives you an opportunity to test how easy story difficulty really is.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah double bladed is (IMO) not great for bosses because the attacks have long recovery, and that really shows on this fight. I found oggdo easiest with single or blaster style because you really need to take your swing or two and then back off to be ready to dodge or parry. Dual blades can work too but the animation cancel thing doesn't apply to dodges, so it's super easy to get yourself into trouble.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Whether double bladed is great or terrible on bosses depends entirely on your propensity for button mashing and how well you know the attack animations.

It is incredibly unforgiving to mashing. But it does fantastic dps.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

codo27 posted:

I tried jumping instead of dodging, but mainly I find (using double bladed) that it takes too long to go from jump to attack, and the windows are so small. I mean it just does that double bite lunge on turbo. gently caress all the AOE stomps all the animal enemies do as well.

MOTHERFUCKER LICKS HIS loving TONGUE AT YOU!! I GOT A FUCKIN LIGHTSABER WHY CANT I CUT IT OFF? WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT???

You could cut off his tongue in the first game, but I could rarely accomplish it. He’s such a piece of poo poo in this one that I haven’t really tried.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I admit I mash way too much, despite being very patient against humanoid enemies especially as it relates to parries. Anyway I found a video where someone dragged the hammer bros down into his pit to do the dirty work for them so I will be doing that tonight.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Once I unlocked Crossguard I haven’t looked back (though I also run Blaster because it rules). It’s just so meaty and similar to a colossal weapon in Souls games which I love. My absolute favorite thing about it is the dropkick of course, and my absolute least favorite thing is the inability to run up to an enemy and use the hold-X smash attack because I just end up drop kicking the enemy and the run-to-walk transition if I delay holding X is too slow to get the attack off without getting hit first.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The crossguard has a good rhythm against almost any enemy once you figure it out, it has a lot more interrupt/knockdown power, the blaster deflect upgrade gives as good or better range protection than double bladed, and the block meter is great. I think it’s the most powerful stance.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

codo27 posted:

I mean I've played all the Souls games and beaten Malenia and all that but this fuckin thing is just cheap trash. The style and frequency of its attacks is just heinous. All the other big animal enemies I can pretty easily dodge and maneuver but this is just pure cheapness, EA level cheapness. Oh wait.

You're right that Oggdo is cheap in a way a lot of other enemies in the game are not. The timing and spacing on his attack routines leave very space to deal damage. One that thing helps a ton is that around the game's midpoint, you get an air dash that allows you to get in and out on him with a lot more reliability.

Dogen posted:

The crossguard has a good rhythm against almost any enemy once you figure it out, it has a lot more interrupt/knockdown power, the blaster deflect upgrade gives as good or better range protection than double bladed, and the block meter is great. I think it’s the most powerful stance.

Blaster is probably the "best" with perfect play, but I'm not nearly good enough reliably do stuff like blaster parrying red attacks. I also liked Crossguard's rhythm and found it the mouse fun to use overall.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 29, 2023

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Whether double bladed is great or terrible on bosses depends entirely on your propensity for button mashing and how well you know the attack animations.

It is incredibly unforgiving to mashing. But it does fantastic dps.

This is true, but oggdo in particular gives you really small windows to swing at him.

I did a run with dual/double sabers and it was actually a ton of fun on bosses. Use dual blades to pressure and defend, then quick switch to double when I got a good window to lay into them, or to close with the M. Bison spin.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

or to close with the M. Bison spin.

the spin is easily one of the most powerful moves in the game, just instant massive damage with no risk at all

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I kind of wish they would go back to calling the double bladed sword “saberstaff” or something. Having both “double” and “dual” as separate things annoys me

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

Blaster is probably the "best" with perfect play, but I'm not nearly good enough reliably do stuff like blaster parrying red attacks. I also liked Crossguard's rhythm and found it the mouse fun to use overall.

I feel like crossguard has better overall DPS, but I could be wrong.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Dogen posted:

I feel like crossguard has better overall DPS, but I could be wrong.

I did a bunch of testing on this because my brain is broke and the short version is there's not much dps difference between stances.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

codo27 posted:

It sucks and even once I finally beat it I still felt like I did so primarily by luck.

The one piece of advice I can give is that jumping (instead of dodging or parrying) is often the best answer to his attacks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I put spawn of oggdo on easy and smashed his head in lol

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

skasion posted:

I kind of wish they would go back to calling the double bladed sword “saberstaff” or something. Having both “double” and “dual” as separate things annoys me

This is Correct Thought.

Double and Dual just leads to constant miscommunications.

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021
The trick is to force pull both hammer guys down from the ledge before you open the trap door so they fight ogo and get him down to about half health before you plink away with your blaster.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
honestly my main gripe with spawn of oggdo is that once you beat him, every time you go into doma's shop to buy something you now have the force tear audiovisual effect taking up half the room

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

codo27 posted:

I mean I've played all the Souls games and beaten Malenia and all that

codo27 posted:

I tried jumping instead of dodging, but mainly I find (using double bladed)

Laff git gud, scrub.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

The trick for me was to set it to story mode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

For the dual spawn and dual rancor tears i recommend putting on force regen perks and using the jump attack for crossguard that shoots a ground wave to chip. You can pair it with blaster stance for plenty long range dps.

I found both fights on jedi master difficulty to be insanely annoying. Rancors because they have a 1 hit ko that had a stupid hit box but is the most reliable time to damage so you gotta commit to dodging and pray you dont get suckered by the 2nd one doing something dumb. Oggdos because their moveset is so fast with just 1 but now theres 2 and the long range red move bite leap is BS.

I hope Jedi Survivor 3 has a 3 oggdos tear

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Jerkface posted:

oops all oggdos

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Aloggdos, cousin to the dreaded Alot.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

codo27 posted:

I've actually never given up at an enemy in any of those games but I actually did decide to come back to this thing after banging my head against it the first time. I'm pretty diligent with the exploration so I've got a ton of stims and health and force essences so I decided to try it again. Nope. Those hammer jeezlers aren't all fuckin roses either. I pulled one down from above the oggdo arena, it pushed my poo poo in the first time I got there but I was able to dispatch it this time, but not without some serious trouble. Then I found another one when backtracking for newly traversable paths, killed him once, healed, then killed him again with the roller mines. There was no life bar as I chucked them at him and I got no experience or anything for killing him that way.

lmao

Git more midichlorians, scrub

(I just made out like a bandit behind the chest in the back where he couldn't do anything to me and just chipped away at the bastard while flickin' V signs at the screen. I regret nothing.)

Jerkface posted:

I sense a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of nerds cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Say it with me
Rideable Oggdos

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Who wore it better: Jedi Survior's Oggdo or Doom Eternal's Marauder?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Who wore it better: Jedi Survior's Oggdo or Doom Eternal's Marauder?

The Marauder is super easy to defeat if you just do something besides hold the fire button down whereas Oggdo is just badly designed for the combat system.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
He was an absolute oval office on Grand master, but the only real actual bullshit I feel he pulled was that the one hit KO tongue attack is supposed to come after jumping backwards, but if there's a wall behind him he can just spam that poo poo. Once I got jump dash the second fight was pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Final secret boss encounter with Ogdo, spawn of Ogdo, and Turgle