Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Steve Yun posted:

Doesn’t it not show up in your auto build history that way? My impression was that your history is only made up of instances where you added a piece

You are still attaching the fans to the control stick, just not ever attaching the stake to the build, only using it as scaffolding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Docjowles posted:

I gotta fuckin try this again. My hoverbike drifts like Link's riding it 12 beers deep. And that's after I spent a while improving it

I'd say just throw on three fans, the 3 extra zonaite is not that expensive and it makes the bike very easy to balance

Yas, slay Queen!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Klungar posted:

You are still attaching the fans to the control stick, just not ever attaching the stake to the build, only using it as scaffolding

Smart

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Steve Yun posted:

cece’s hat and frostbite trousers aka mambo pants aka link’s slut pants

Wait there are trousers? I have the top dyed pink and with link in boxers and CeCe’s hat, he is the true fashionista of hyrule.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Steve Yun posted:

I finally got a hoverbike that doesn’t drift

Is there an ideal part of the fans to glue vertical-wise or is it all the same

Docjowles posted:

I gotta fuckin try this again. My hoverbike drifts like Link's riding it 12 beers deep. And that's after I spent a while improving it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq4LmYEFlHM

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Champion weapons should have durability like the master sword or the hylian shield IMO, since every weapon besides one is a unique moveset/item type. Or at least if it breaks, give me back the type of weapon needed to make it. If the lightscale trident turned back into a Zora spear when it broke instead of disappearing entirely then I would use it more often.

Or, alternatively, have more unique weapons in the Depths that use all the different weapon types that I can go buy for poe souls. The one handed swords are useless after a certain point, the two-handed swords rule, but there's no unique spears or bows down there. There's even a unique boomerang and shield!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I finally was taught a way to make a really good 2-fan air bike and so I've been going around the underground to find the light roots so I can get the map down there. It's been going great and I landed near a light root that was right next to the water temple boss area. As annoying as it was, I killed it to get the reward. Around 20 minutes later while continuing to explore, I swear I saw ANOTHER one of the guys next to a different light root. Are there multiples of each of the baddies in the underground?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

edit: posted on this very page! :v:

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I have heard that there are 3 of each boss down there, but I’ve only ran into 2 of each so far.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

A win is a win

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I tried glitching the five-shot burst onto different bows, and the Royal Bow ended up with a funny result. It gets a nearly 180 degree spread for some reason, so you can chaotically litter a large area in bomb explosions or zaps

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sonatinas posted:

Wait there are trousers? I have the top dyed pink and with link in boxers and CeCe’s hat, he is the true fashionista of hyrule.

There's a full set. (The headpiece has Naydra's icicle horns.)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Because of the low production value of most of the NPC dialogue scenes, once in a while it’ll catch you off guard by doing something different. I literally laughed out loud at one of those just now

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I did something too once

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Anyone know where Impa goes after you tell her the culmination of the tears quest? She leaves the Forgotten Temple saying she's going to research but I can't find her in Kakariko, Lookout or the Hateno lab.

^^^
wandering around Gerudo Town in the Lightning Helm gets some amusing double-take thoughts from the guards

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 29, 2023

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

Anyone know where Impa goes after you tell her the culmination of the tears quest? She leaves the Forgotten Temple saying she's going to research but I can't find her in Kakariko, Lookout or the Hateno lab.

^^^
wandering around Gerudo Town in the Lightning Helm gets some amusing double-take thoughts from the guards

I think she vanishes out of the world until either you're allowed into the ring ruins, or after you hit the "main quests done, go kill 'dorf" point, I'm not sure which. After that she's upstairs in her house

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Runcible Cat posted:

^^^

she might be at the forgotten temple

OR

If you finished that, the hyrule castle quest, finished the ring ruins and get the 5th sage, and then tell her about Zelda, she’ll go back to her house

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 29, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Freed the Deku tree of integestion, and that was the first one of those bosses I killed. I hope it counts, but still I don't know how to kill the gloom hands except getting onto a high platform and dropping bombs on them.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

HootTheOwl posted:

Freed the Deku tree of integestion, and that was the first one of those bosses I killed. I hope it counts, but still I don't know how to kill the gloom hands except getting onto a high platform and dropping bombs on them.
This will help:
Shoot bomb arrows in the gap between them. It hits all of them at once, just do it 5 times and you’re done.
Speaking of, since I’ve done that a million times, I can’t beat the second part, Phantom Ganandorf.

I think I ended up here too early by accident or something. Because he kills me in just 2 hits :saddowns:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

eightysixed posted:

This will help:
Shoot bomb arrows in the gap between them. It hits all of them at once, just do it 5 times and you’re done.
Speaking of, since I’ve done that a million times, I can’t beat the second part, Phantom Ganandorf.

I think I ended up here too early by accident or something. Because he kills me in just 2 hits :saddowns:

So I had on the Of the Depths armor, and it was like 5/6 damage a hit, but also I think there's some damage scaling, because when I was gloomed down to 2 hearts, it was only half a heart of damage. Note: I had also switched to 12/12/8 armor. So Aim for level 3 armor if it doesn't scale?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

However many tomatoes are in your inventory is how many hearts you have

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Talking to Impa once she’s back at her house will also give you pretty much the only quest that actually directly, by name, calls back to the events of BOTW

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Talking to Impa once she’s back at her house will also give you pretty much the only quest that actually directly, by name, calls back to the events of BOTW

Tell that to my giant horse in the stable!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

HootTheOwl posted:

Tell that to my giant horse in the stable!

And the first Hateno school quest.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

eightysixed posted:

This will help:

He rewards patience and learning to flurry rush.

I still only have 58 armor total but I feel like all the fights are super chill now. Lynels - no problem. If I upgrade to full level 4 it will just break the game entirely. I’m thinking about wearing one of the fun retro sets and dropping to like 30 armor just to make things a little scarier. I just crafted a 138 AP Scimitar and now I think I’m ready for end game.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

space uncle posted:

He rewards patience and learning to flurry rush.

I still only have 58 armor total but I feel like all the fights are super chill now. Lynels - no problem. If I upgrade to full level 4 it will just break the game entirely. I’m thinking about wearing one of the fun retro sets and dropping to like 30 armor just to make things a little scarier. I just crafted a 138 AP Scimitar and now I think I’m ready for end game.

lol what? The highest I had when I beat the game was 28

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aipsh posted:

lol what? The highest I had when I beat the game was 28

Total

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Yeah the highest I have is 28 amber earrings, 12 on chest, 18 on pants.

84 total armor seems like it would just break the game. Full hit from a Silver lynel just does a quarter heart.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
The only silver lynels I know of do gloom damage, so after a certain point armor just doesn't matter, they can't do less than a heart's worth.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Steve Yun posted:

she might be at the forgotten temple

OR

If you finished that, the hyrule castle quest, finished the ring ruins and get the 5th sage, and then tell her about Zelda, she’ll go back to her house

She's left the temple. I even checked the stairs. OK, I guess she's in transit until I do more main quest stuff then.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I can't remember, is there anywhere you can actually buy bomb flowers? One of the downsides to doing a more streamlined second run is that I haven't been doing nearly as much wandering in the depths, so my supplies of items from down there are much smaller.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't remember, is there anywhere you can actually buy bomb flowers? One of the downsides to doing a more streamlined second run is that I haven't been doing nearly as much wandering in the depths, so my supplies of items from down there are much smaller.

poe daddys sell em for souls

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tarry town sells 2 at a time i think??

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tunicate posted:

Tarry town sells 2 at a time i think??

yeah they got em

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah, cool. I don't think I bought anything in Tarry Town but the statues are what was on the tip of my brain. :tipshat:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Grayshift posted:

The only silver lynels I know of do gloom damage, so after a certain point armor just doesn't matter, they can't do less than a heart's worth.

There's a scaling Lynel just northeast of the lanayru canal road, forget its official name. It's by the puzzle where you have the big rotating stone block with the slots in it.

The shrine there makes it super convenient to swing by and get a guaranteed silver lynel saber/mace horn after a blood moon

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat, I still have no idea where so many armor pieces are. I found an old map that pointed me to a totally nondescript part of the Depths and realized I've probably skipped over half a dozen similar treasure chests just through regular traversal. And that's not even counting the ones on the surface I've missed.

Am I correct in thinking the Hylian Shield is somewhere in the cave network under Lookout Landing? I thought I'd explored all through there but I didn't see it. No clue where it'd be otherwise.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

drat, I still have no idea where so many armor pieces are. I found an old map that pointed me to a totally nondescript part of the Depths and realized I've probably skipped over half a dozen similar treasure chests just through regular traversal. And that's not even counting the ones on the surface I've missed.

Am I correct in thinking the Hylian Shield is somewhere in the cave network under Lookout Landing? I thought I'd explored all through there but I didn't see it. No clue where it'd be otherwise.

The shield is underneath Hyrule castle but on the surface, not the depths. You go in through the harbor entrance. I'f you're facing the castle from lookout landing the entrance is around the back. There's a torch puzzle for the shield chest to appear.

I don't think it really needs to be spoiled but I guess better safe than sorry. It's easy to get even in the beginning.

I believe the soldier armor is underneath lookout landing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I talked to Purah after completing the 4 regional quests and was sent to investigate the castle. I noped out after a bit because I felt like it was overpowered for me. Will I be running into any boss type enemies in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

why don't you go find out

you'll be fine I promise