Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I like a lot of the synergies the new items have.

This run I have an item that gives everyone +5 charge at the start of combat, one that gives two people +2 charge at the start of the turn, and one that gives anyone with 5 charge +10% damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
I love the new Mirror Dungeon SO MUCH.

Also an important note for next week when MoM Hard becomes available: USING YOUR WEEKLY BONUS IS A CHECKBOX OPTION. YOU CAN TOGGLE IT OFF TO SAVE IT FOR YOUR HARD RUNS.
(To be clear I don't mean week over week, but rather that if you're going to do normal runs during the week you don't have to do the hard ones first to sync up the double bonuses)

And yeah so many of the new item synergies are just super-nice. I had an absolutely absurd level of resource generation going to the point where the last floor was just an orgiastic explosion of Ebony Stems, Sunshowers, and other AoE shenanigans.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 29, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The new MD's satisfied me pretty well. It's great and I'm excited for hard mode.

The only thing I want is a bit more coherence in the adventure. Integrated Strategies - the Arknights game mode that they're pretty clearly inspired by - has its seasons all carry a theme. The original Integrated Strategies mode was literally a drug trip one of the characters was having, the second was a gothic-themed investigation of a mysterious castle being inhabited by a group of theatrical assassins called the Crimson Troupe, the third (and current in the English release) is basically Call of Cthulhu where the horrors known only as the Seaborne rise from the depths to take over the world and assimilate all surface life, and the fourth (only in the original Chinese version for now) is a corporate-sponsored expedition to the demon-infested arctic. Despite being basically the same game mode (and sharing a lot of the same stages) the different trappings do a lot to make each theme feel fresh and unique.

Basically, having a coherent theme to tie together the story of your adventure does quite a lot to help the...fantasy, for a lack of a better term. At the moment we're kind of just floating through an unreal space, running into old foes and occasionally encountering an Abnormality, and it all feels kind of incoherent and aimless, especially if you compare it to the main game dungeons. What I'd really like to see is a specific adventure with events that tie together - whether it's trying to survive the Night in the Backstreets, delving the Ruins, or even taking on the Library.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I dunno if this was always a thing but I think EGO passives don't vanish between fights in the mirror dungeon

At the very least I was given notifications about Sunshower's passive like multiple fights after I used it

Relatedly, poor N Sinclair

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

I dunno if this was always a thing but I think EGO passives don't vanish between fights in the mirror dungeon

At the very least I was given notifications about Sunshower's passive like multiple fights after I used it

I went to verify this with an EGO that shows obvious result, Faust's Fluid Sac which applies 2 protection to the ally with the lowest hp. The protection didn't show up in the next fight, unfortunately. I don't know what happened with your run.

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Ariamaki posted:

I love the new Mirror Dungeon SO MUCH.

Also an important note for next week when MoM Hard becomes available: USING YOUR WEEKLY BONUS IS A CHECKBOX OPTION. YOU CAN TOGGLE IT OFF TO SAVE IT FOR YOUR HARD RUNS.
(To be clear I don't mean week over week, but rather that if you're going to do normal runs during the week you don't have to do the hard ones first to sync up the double bonuses)

And yeah so many of the new item synergies are just super-nice. I had an absolutely absurd level of resource generation going to the point where the last floor was just an orgiastic explosion of Ebony Stems, Sunshowers, and other AoE shenanigans.

Oh does the weekly bonus stack? I thought it was just that hard mode dungeon had a separate weekly bonus

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

Yinlock posted:

It might have been the Sunshower EGO gift that was activating, since I didn't notice EGO passives activating (I used Fausts basic EGO in a few fights, and I only got Ennui in those fights, not others).

Also N Sinclair is kinda bad in MD 2 in general, because all the later enemies are level 35 (or maybe even higher? I didn't check), so he gets SP for killing them and maybe for allies killing them.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

I went to verify this with an EGO that shows obvious result, Faust's Fluid Sac which applies 2 protection to the ally with the lowest hp. The protection didn't show up in the next fight, unfortunately. I don't know what happened with your run.

CountDuckoo posted:

It might have been the Sunshower EGO gift that was activating, since I didn't notice EGO passives activating (I used Fausts basic EGO in a few fights, and I only got Ennui in those fights, not others).

Also N Sinclair is kinda bad in MD 2 in general, because all the later enemies are level 35 (or maybe even higher? I didn't check), so he gets SP for killing them and maybe for allies killing them.

oh yeah just remembered I did get the gift, my bad

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Looking at some of these Starter Bonuses for Mirror Dungeon #2, I wonder if you're able to turn them off - otherwise, the left path seems like it would hurt the performance for low-Sanity IDs and low-health IDs such as the Shi Association.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

pizzabutt posted:

Oh does the weekly bonus stack? I thought it was just that hard mode dungeon had a separate weekly bonus

Hard runs have a separate weekly CAP: You can only claim rewards from a Hard run 3 times a week period, bonus or not. Then it stacks with the normal weekly MD bonus to yield 75 Bus Pass pips, which is probably exactly why they added this toggle.

Two quality of life notes, one small and one big:

(At least some of the) EGO Encounter effects that claim to be "for the next battle" actually ARE only for the next single battle now, so the Fiery Down event that gives you -1 Skill Power is no longer a 'blow your own legs off' button. I haven't gotten a chance to test this with the positive equivalents like Tour Guide Robot's permanent +2 speed, but they're likely fixed as well.

I really like the way the Bus Pass pips tally up now with the cute sounds and animation, especially after a Mirror when you're getting many levels at once.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Mirror dungeon 2 is very cool.

Gonna have to get the new sinclair though, low-sanity IDs just synergize way too poorly with too many things.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
and anyway talismanclair seems neat

also, benching g gregor goes a long, long way towards keeping chip damage off unless and until you pull an ego gift to do the job

e: kong lu's bench passive looks Actively Bad lol

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 29, 2023

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

fyi if you scroll down on the dispenser, it offers more than one EGO gift for sale

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

also, benching g gregor goes a long, long way towards keeping chip damage off unless and until you pull an ego gift to do the job

K Hong Lu's whole kit is designed for a game where HP Stagger doesn't exist. I'm not sure how they expected him to work out other than "mediocre rupture or immediate stagger spiral"

e: though i'm not sure you un-stagger if you heal back above the threshold, i'm guessing "no"

Ariamaki posted:

I really like the way the Bus Pass pips tally up now with the cute sounds and animation, especially after a Mirror when you're getting many levels at once.

the boops annoy the hell out of me tbh

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 30, 2023

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
The best use I have seen for green hong lu is solo boss fights. Between the Id and passenger ego he basically can't die before he kills whatever he's fighting. Outside that he has ok numbers but nothing that would make you pick it over ting tang or kurokumo

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Today's mirror dungeon boss was Capote, which for some reason only had ~500 hp, so 1/3rd of the fairy drink fatman and thus died immediately :effort:

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

RoyalScion posted:

Today's mirror dungeon boss was Capote, which for some reason only had ~500 hp, so 1/3rd of the fairy drink fatman and thus died immediately :effort:

mine was the centipede and it wasn't too bad until i hosed up the final phase and didn't clash it's struggle attacks and got rodya killed

Google Jeb Bush posted:

rb chef gregor also helps with healing except it's with lust instead of gluttony, and it has the synergy with rb ryoshu! Either way gregor with one of his healing bench passives is definitely a first buy from the shops in mirror dungeon 2

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Quick question, how are you supposed to deal with ALEPHs? Cuz I got Censored and it keep taking away a chunk of sanity on top of being extremly hard to work with. Like, it breached once, I send a bunch of agent to kill it and they all got crazy and died.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Honestly, LCB Greg would probably be a better pick for healing. Still get 5 per turn, but you only have to burn 20 to grab instead of 100.

I've also been grabbing LCB Hong for backline SP recovery.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Quick question, how are you supposed to deal with ALEPHs? Cuz I got Censored and it keep taking away a chunk of sanity on top of being extremly hard to work with. Like, it breached once, I send a bunch of agent to kill it and they all got crazy and died.

You need lvl 5 Agents to deal with it, lower level people will just panic instantly when seeing it. If you don't have lvl 5 Agents, well, this is a valuable lesson on why you should prioritize having lvl 5 Agents.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Theantero posted:

You need lvl 5 Agents to deal with it, lower level people will just panic instantly when seeing it. If you don't have lvl 5 Agents, well, this is a valuable lesson on why you should prioritize having lvl 5 Agents.

Level 5 as in the stat being higher than 80 or simply a full 100? Because I have a lot of agent being at Level 4 and 5 while not having reached the upper limit

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 30, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Level 5 as in the stat being higher than 80 or simply a full 100?
Agents have a level related to their stats, but still separate. That's the one you want to be 5, you'll see it near the agents name, away from the specific stats. Censored doesn't check your agents specific stat levels or values when he uses his abilities, just the general level. If my memory serves, that ability only effects each agent once per breach, so you can send in your 5s to proc, run away to heal, and then come back. For his work, beyond the general git guds of "stop getting negative boxes," "wear better EGO," and "just tank it bruh," there are a few abnos that can raise the agents sanity while they're working, and I won't be the one to spoil those guys.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 30, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

Honestly, LCB Greg would probably be a better pick for healing. Still get 5 per turn, but you only have to burn 20 to grab instead of 100.

I've also been grabbing LCB Hong for backline SP recovery.

I forgot lcb Greg even had that passive. Yeah, you're right.

I can't stop myself from picking Tingtang.

Talisman Sinclair trip report: pretty solid, obviously great on a rupture team, the talisman downside is no big deal.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 30, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I'm starting to feel like Rose Rodion is terrible in MD2. She's the one character that doesn't want to change skills in the shop, and I swear that she pops up for it 50% of the time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

LostRook posted:

I'm starting to feel like Rose Rodion is terrible in MD2. She's the one character that doesn't want to change skills in the shop, and I swear that she pops up for it 50% of the time.

she just doesn't like you i guess, i've gotten heathcliff both dungeons which is optimal use of ammo

e: hardmode theory: rose rodya + talisinclair + lccb ishmael is a very affordable core team addition that, with the addition of sinclair, has enough overlapping synergy

i don't know how many cost we'll have to spend but a powerful trio with two 00's seems good, and lets you lean wherever you need to (vs the presumably pretty good bleed team)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 30, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Likes me too much, really.

Heathcliff is quite good for it, but I think N Faust is up there as the cheapest option for her (Skill1 Cackle->Skill2 Grippening) is as good as the most expensive leaving you free to buy gifts as well.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

e: hardmode theory: rose rodya + talisinclair + lccb ishmael is a very affordable core team addition that, with the addition of sinclair, has enough overlapping synergy

i don't know how many cost we'll have to spend but a powerful trio with two 00's seems good, and lets you lean wherever you need to (vs the presumably pretty good bleed team)

Someone on twitter was saying the datamine is 100 base cost with 000 costing 100, 00 costing 60 and 0 being free. That means you can get 3 00 or a 000 and a 00 to start with the meta progression upgrades.

A bleed team would be pretty good, but would be contingent on being replaced or assisted before the robuts show up on the 4th-5th floor.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 30, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Level 5 as in the stat being higher than 80 or simply a full 100? Because I have a lot of agent being at Level 4 and 5 while not having reached the upper limit

For CENSORED, make a level 5 agent who has 5/2/5/5 FPTJ stats. Go in with the best anti-black gear you've got.

Trust me on this one.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I wonder if Tremor would work? LCB Heathcliff and Meursault, N Don, LCCB Ishmael, some Gregor with Legerdemain. Add whoever else. There's enough EGO gifts that resonate for it to work if you're lucky.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Quackles posted:

I wonder if Tremor would work? LCB Heathcliff and Meursault, N Don, LCCB Ishmael, some Gregor with Legerdemain. Add whoever else. There's enough EGO gifts that resonate for it to work if you're lucky.
I feel like Tremor's of more use in longer fights. It might be more viable in hard mode, but in easy mode fights are over in one or two turns and everything's staggered at the end of the first more often than not.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Tremor's at its best in Abnormality battles when you can do all of the following:
-Apply a bunch of stacks
-Apply enough count to keep it running
-hit the enemy with a bunch of Burst Tremor abilities that don't lower the Tremor Cost (Most EGO that BT do this)

and then you can get up to doing a bonus 20, 30, even 50 damage per attack for multiple attacks per turn. Maximum would be 99 Gluttony damage/burst, but by that point most enemies should be dead.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
https://twitter.com/limbuscompany_b/status/1674709756567777280

BEHOLD
THE GREAT ONE COMES!!!!!

(Also some news about MoM Hard but w/e MY PRECIOUS FLAMING ISH)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Called it. :c00lbert:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally, not only a 000 Liu ID but also a burn ID to use Firemoth with.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

https://twitter.com/limbuscompany_b/status/1674709756567777280

BEHOLD
THE GREAT ONE COMES!!!!!

Finally, Burnshmael has come. The prophecy has been fulfilled.

So, we seem to be getting 450 points for our starting roster in MD2 Hard Mode. Considering that 000s cost 100, 00s 60 and 0s 20, what's going to be your starting lineup? Also you need to pay for your starting EGO too, but I don't remember what they cost.

EDIT: Ok, did a quick dive into MD2 to check EGO costs. Zayin costs nothing, Teth costs 40 and He costs 60.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 30, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well, at least that finally put to rest the theories that we will get only 1 ID per sinner per season and we can get TLA Rodion without people complaining.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I'll say that I'll continue my current plan of looking at the starting gift and making a themed team around that. Failing to find inspiration I'll take a themed team like all Burns or N corp. Fun fact: Not only does N corp Heathcliff get plus coin drop, but it is on a single coin attack. Normally that sucks... unless you have the commemorative coin and can double dip on inflicting it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

habituallyred posted:

I'll say that I'll continue my current plan of looking at the starting gift and making a themed team around that. Failing to find inspiration I'll take a themed team like all Burns or N corp. Fun fact: Not only does N corp Heathcliff get plus coin drop, but it is on a single coin attack. Normally that sucks... unless you have the commemorative coin and can double dip on inflicting it.
You don't get a starting gift on hard mode.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
My personal leaning for a hard run would be a burn team, with the 3 Liu 00 boys, the new ishmael, and chef ryoshu to start. Burn's a really good self contained status that doesn't require much thought or input for sizeable damage, and all 3 00 are solid picks with decent to great starting ego, with mersault's being an all star boss killer and gregor's being a 20 point swap for ledgerdomain. Chef Ryoshu is really good in general, extremely high damage and covers slash and pierce well, and her healing passive puts in good work all the time. I'd probably sideline the lcb heathcliff and outis, because base outis is a great clasher always and can upgrade into 7outis, and base heath is mediocre but upgrades into Rheath who's an all around god.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

BEHOLD
THE GREAT ONE COMES!!!!!

2/3/4 finally some real loving coins

Onehandclapping posted:

My personal leaning for a hard run would be a burn team, with the 3 Liu 00 boys, the new ishmael, and chef ryoshu to start. Burn's a really good self contained status that doesn't require much thought or input for sizeable damage, and all 3 00 are solid picks with decent to great starting ego, with mersault's being an all star boss killer and gregor's being a 20 point swap for ledgerdomain. Chef Ryoshu is really good in general, extremely high damage and covers slash and pierce well, and her healing passive puts in good work all the time. I'd probably sideline the lcb heathcliff and outis, because base outis is a great clasher always and can upgrade into 7outis, and base heath is mediocre but upgrades into Rheath who's an all around god.

Mirror burn runs into the issue where most fights aren't really gonna last long enough for burn to do much. Then again with enough burn you only need like 1 turn for things to turn terrible for the enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Finally, Burnshmael has come. The prophecy has been fulfilled.

So, we seem to be getting 450 points for our starting roster in MD2 Hard Mode. Considering that 000s cost 100, 00s 60 and 0s 20, what's going to be your starting lineup? Also you need to pay for your starting EGO too, but I don't remember what they cost.

EDIT: Ok, did a quick dive into MD2 to check EGO costs. Zayin costs nothing, Teth costs 40 and He costs 60.

If the starting lineup is still 7, then

R Heathcliff or Spicy Yi Sang(duh), Kuro Hong Lu(basically an 000), L Faust(solid), LCCB Ishmael(also solid) Rose Gregor(Legerdemain, also EGO gifts love rupture), Rose Meursault(blunt), and LCB Outis(cheap+good)

EGO: Legerdemain and Representation Emitter are free so lol gently caress 'em. I'll probably buy a big kid aoe from a dispenser but besides that who cares

which brings my points up to the Funny Weed Number. I could fit another 00 in there but I honestly don't know which one I'd rather have than LCB Outis. Maybe Tailsman Sinclair? I'unno

e: this is of course just Team Brainless Victory, actually caring about synergy is for things I won't be doing 3x a week

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 30, 2023