Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I did like the nice small spread of pizza sauce, where it's sort of like, oh okay yeah that looks like a good amount, then it's just absolute covered in mountains of toppings. Haha, like at the point it's fine, you could of add more pizza sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you have more than just a couple of ingredients on pizza then it all just gets lost. And wtf is with having large piles of different ingredients on different sections? I want all of my ingredients distributed evenly. I understand getting half/half of something for other people but this is definitely not the intention here.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Some cultures just got a very different idea of what pizza is for apparently.

In the case of the section style I guess the goal is for either a) families with wildly differing tastes or b) people who want to get into resentful fights in restaurants

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Data Graham posted:

b) people who want to get into resentful fights in restaurants

This is what I figured. You got the all ham piece and I got the all loose corn piece. NOT fair!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Even if you order toppings all over, they'll still throw a few olives on random spots so you have something to fight over.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Those quartered pizzas are nice to get the kids to try new toppings. Also, for some topic, like artichokes, I actually like having a quarter and couldn't eat a whole pie.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nothing says pizza like an entire mouthful of bologna that is so tall that it hurts your jaw to eat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

Nothing says pizza like an entire mouthful of bologna that is so tall that it hurts your jaw to eat

Not to mention that they stuffed the crust with that cheese/mayo poo poo. Once you pick it up it'd just ooze out the sides. Gross.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I assume you'd eat it with like a knife and fork or something? I don't know how thick a crust would have to be to hold the weight of all that, but yeah it got to be hell of a lot thicker than that.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Was it maybe Catupiry?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

It’s always catupiry.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I haven't posted in a while, so I went looking for "pizzas caseras".

This is not a pizza.

A rosca de reyes pizza, technically it's a weird calzone, isn't it?

The place closed down back in April, so it seems you won't be able to taste the cheeto pizza.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bold Robot posted:

It’s always catupiry.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

I can buy a red baron cheese pizza, flaming hot cheetos, and cheez whiz just like anyone else.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Forget it, Giaco, it's Catupirytown

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there's a circle of hell that's just catupiry. an endless swamp of catupiry.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

The place closed down back in April, so it seems you won't be able to taste the cheeto pizza.

I assure you I can :negative:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bold Robot posted:

It’s always catupiry.

It's catupiry all the way down. Which is weird, since catupiry sounds like some vile transgression of religious law.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I'll have the uuuuuhhhh... caterpillars? And ham

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I'll have the uuuuuhhhh... caterpillars? And ham

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

I haven't posted in a while, so I went looking for "pizzas caseras".

This is not a pizza.

A rosca de reyes pizza, technically it's a weird calzone, isn't it?

SMH at passing off last year's AI pizza generators.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

e: same guy posted this picture at a Papa Murphy's :thunk:

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
napoletan pizza is bad tbh and the smell is horrendous from resturants that serve it. pizza was perfected abroad.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

What is a pizza? A miserable little pile of catupiry.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

I'm the heap of spare olives in the corner, just in case you want more nasty garbage on your pizza

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you have more than just a couple of ingredients on pizza then it all just gets lost. And wtf is with having large piles of different ingredients on different sections? I want all of my ingredients distributed evenly. I understand getting half/half of something for other people but this is definitely not the intention here.

That's pretty much food in general. Great food is almost always a few ingredients that are fresh and well prepared. lovely food adds a ton of stuff into an unnecessary large portion and some people think it's good value, even though you can't distinguish the individual tastes anymore.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lobsterminator posted:

That's pretty much food in general. Great food is almost always a few ingredients that are fresh and well prepared.

Not saying your completely wrong, but there are some culinary schools/backgrounds that do just use a few ingredients -Italian being one of the most know for it- while others really don't mostly. There are quite a few others which using a poo poo load of ingredients is pretty common and are still really great. It's just different styles.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
italy needs to start taking back companies pizza rights

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
This is how world wars start.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

von Braun posted:

napoletan pizza is bad tbh and the smell is horrendous from resturants that serve it. pizza was perfected abroad.

Do you mean like Napoletan pizza in general, or specifically pizza made in Naples? Because isn't Napoletan pizza just margherita?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dr_rat posted:

This is how world wars start.

italy has done fine in world wars, its time for them to restore the roman empire

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Long ago, broke and starving in Amsterdam, stumbled across an all you can eat pizza buffet for 5 bucks. The catch? Every pizza had corn toppings. That's it, loaded with corn kernels.

I ate so much.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

steinrokkan posted:

Do you mean like Napoletan pizza in general, or specifically pizza made in Naples? Because isn't Napoletan pizza just margherita?

Neapolitan is actually a style of pizza. Margherita is just the most well known version. Not sure what they have against it. It's a perfectly good style of pizza.
What is dumb is that it's one of those foods people get super pretentious about. There's an actual Neapolitan pizza society that determines whether a pizza is truly Neapolitan.
You need to use sauce made from specific tomatoes, and a specific type of cheese.

E: here's the only recipe you're allowed to use if you want to be ~~authentic~~
https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/ricetta_pizza_napoletana

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 29, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

italy has done fine in world wars, its time for them to restore the roman empire

Don't monkey paw this! If they go full traditionalist get ready for the horrors of fermented fish sauce pizza.

Also slavery.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

its all nice on rice posted:

Neapolitan is actually a style of pizza. Margherita is just the most well known version. Not sure what they have against it. It's a perfectly good style of pizza.
What is dumb is that it's one of those foods people get super pretentious about. There's an actual Neapolitan pizza society that determines whether a pizza is truly Neapolitan.
You need to use sauce made from specific tomatoes, and a specific type of cheese.

E: here's the only recipe you're allowed to use if you want to be ~~authentic~~
https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/ricetta_pizza_napoletana

the EU also has a 10-page document describing the requirements for a pizza napoletana and if you say you are serving pizza napoletana but not following these regulations then they will send the pizza police to arrest you

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ELTON JOHN posted:

but not following these regulations then they will send the pizza police to arrest you

Do the pizza police send you to pizza jail. I feel like all the cool kids hang out in pizza jail.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I love Neapolitan pizza. Chocolate, vanilla, and cherry toppings, all on the same pie. It's a great value.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Extra Large Marge posted:

I love Neapolitan pizza. Chocolate, vanilla, and cherry toppings, all on the same pie. It's a great value.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

ELTON JOHN posted:

the EU also has a 10-page document describing the requirements for a pizza napoletana and if you say you are serving pizza napoletana but not following these regulations then they will send the pizza police to arrest you

At last, we have found the codified Pizza Rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

Cherry? Only the finest strawberries are allowed on Neapolitan pizza! Right, off to pizza jail with you.