Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

oh no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

let’s see him without a shirt

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

What does Cornell West say about China?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

What does Cornell West say about China?

he served as a watchtower guard at a concentration camp in Xinjiang

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i regret to inform the thread that he's a Zionist

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I watched the Hedges interview. He says he's not a communist. I guess people will choose to vote for him as the lesser evil candidate anyway, as usual.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cornel is BEB!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

I watched the Hedges interview. He says he's not a communist. I guess people will choose to vote for him as the lesser evil candidate anyway, as usual.

Concerning

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Korn L West

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
feeling like a green on a leash

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

croup coughfield posted:

feeling like a green on a leash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Wow. I thought Cornel was the leader of CPUSA. This is blowing my mind.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

He says he's not a communist.

hard pass

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

In Training posted:

Wow. I thought Cornel was the leader of CPUSA. This is blowing my mind.

Cornel's Personal USA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cornel Occidental College

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Cornel East

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cornpop West

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what's our green party candidate's stance on green bud? if he's anywhere to the right of afroman's policy of smoke weed e'ry day, I to may have to throw my protest vote elsewhere

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gonna make a belligerent post -

I'm not gonna vote for Cornel West!

Why in the world would you even bother "protest voting" if it's for someone who doesn't even share your political views (though tbh it's also goofy and pointless even if they do share your views)? IMO it's the consequence of people still, deep down, thinking that their participation in electoral politics matters. That, plus the fact that people feel a need to have a team in the great Discourse sport that is constantly being played on the internet. Everyone's talking about Voting, so I gotta talk about it too. Speaking for myself here too, since I have also done this in the past and have come to this conclusion through introspection.

Say what you will about the libs, but at least voting is an action that makes sense given their worldview. They actually believe in Joe Biden and American Democratic Institutions.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

There's a bunch of stuff on the ballot other than the presidential race. everything at the local level matters, a lot of stuff at the state level does too. taking a second to fill in a bubble costs nothing

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

There's a bunch of stuff on the ballot other than the presidential race. everything at the local level matters, a lot of stuff at the state level does too. taking a second to fill in a bubble costs nothing

syq

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

taking a second to fill in a bubble costs nothing

Mr Chomsky, hello!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

wrong.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
the voice of labor

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

*voting for crub runkley for the 14th ward comptroller* all politic's is local.... take that fascists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

*voting for crub runkley for the 14th ward comptroller* all politic's is local.... take that fascists

Hey man. You got a problem with Crub Runkley.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
crub runkley put up a stop sign in a dangerous intersection in my neighborhood and ill loving kill you if you malign him in any way

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Ytlaya posted:

Gonna make a belligerent post -

I'm not gonna vote for Cornel West!

Why in the world would you even bother "protest voting" if it's for someone who doesn't even share your political views (though tbh it's also goofy and pointless even if they do share your views)? IMO it's the consequence of people still, deep down, thinking that their participation in electoral politics matters. That, plus the fact that people feel a need to have a team in the great Discourse sport that is constantly being played on the internet. Everyone's talking about Voting, so I gotta talk about it too. Speaking for myself here too, since I have also done this in the past and have come to this conclusion through introspection.

Say what you will about the libs, but at least voting is an action that makes sense given their worldview. They actually believe in Joe Biden and American Democratic Institutions.

I probably won't vote because lol it does not matter, BUT if the libs keep Brother West off the ballot I'll vote to spite them. Or at least loudly proclaim I did to anyone that upsets, while actually spending my time watching BattleBots replays

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
spite voting is some of the dumbest poo poo in the world

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ville Valo posted:

I probably won't vote because lol it does not matter, BUT if the libs keep Brother West off the ballot I'll vote to spite them. Or at least loudly proclaim I did to anyone that upsets, while actually spending my time watching BattleBots replays

this guy would vote for hitler to own the libs 😂

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this guy would vote for hitler to own the libs 😂

Kerry->Obama->Obama->Hilldawg->Howie

I've done my part and feel shame beyond belief. i can have a little hitler spite voting, as a treat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ville Valo posted:

Kerry->Obama->Obama->Hilldawg->Howie

I've done my part and feel shame beyond belief. i can have a little hitler spite voting, as a treat

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hitler that lost->Hitler that won->Hitler that won->Hitler that lost->Hitler with no chance.

My record speaks for itself. I've earned a vacation.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

In Training posted:

Hitler that lost->Hitler that won->Hitler that won->Hitler that lost->Hitler with no chance.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

In Training posted:

hitlers all the way down

hitlerii?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah i can vote for the broward county comissioner who wants to give more money to the police or the broward county comissioner that want's to give more money to the police

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022